Scholarship and Christianity in Oxford: Semester Programme

The Scholars' Semester in Oxford (SSO) offers you a rare privilege: entry into the University of Oxford as a Registered Visiting Student. As a full member of Oxford's Wycliffe Hall, you'll gain access to Oxford's 900-year history, world-recognized academic reputation, and 119 libraries with 11 million books, all within a stimulating Christian environment.

SSO is designed for students seeking an academically and spiritually robust program. In tutorials, you'll meet one-on-one with acclaimed Oxford scholars (including authors, historians, former ambassadors, and other celebrated scholars) to go head-to-head on subjects within the disciplines of history, literature, languages, philosophy, musicology, art, science, and more.

Experience daily life with other SSO students as you investigate complex questions about the mind and soul in the rich surroundings of Oxford.

• Study at one of the most prestigious academic centres in the world, with full access to its vast research libraries
  • Live in a beautiful city steeped in history and British culture
  • Revel in the academic independence that the tutorial system cultivates
  • Enhance your critical thinking and writing skills and be challenged like never before
  • Return with a transcript from Wycliffe Hall, University of Oxford

A 2019 graduate from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, OK
Natalie

Rigorous Academics and a Supportive Community

My semester in Oxford was transformational. While I expected my tutorials to be unique and interesting, I could have never imagined how inspired and giddy I would feel after each one. My tutor’s insight and suggestions allowed me to study the topics that most intrigued me, and this opened an entirely new realm of learning that I had never before encountered in an American classroom. I was constantly encouraged by staff, tutors, and students, and it was this supportive Christian community that enabled me to thrive in the most intense learning environment I have ever experienced. I came back a better, more confident writer, and all my professors took notice of this. I would highly recommend any BestSemester program because I personally know students who have been to other destinations such has Washington, D.C., and the Middle East, but I would especially encourage any student who is passionate about learning and research to consider Oxford.

Make sure you're good at managing your time before you go to Oxford! You will have a lot of free time, but you must use it wisely. Getting into a solid routine of studying, exploring, and hanging out with friends will be the best decision you make.
1 person found this review helpful.