CEA Study Abroad on the French Riviera

you can read more about my experiences on the CEA MOJO site
CEA Study Abroad Students on the French Riviera
CEA Study Abroad Students on the French Riviera
French Riviera

With its 300+ sunny days a year, world-class museums and galleries, and sandy beaches, the Côte d’Azur (literally “azure coast”) or “French Riviera,” as English speakers refer to it, affords 71 miles of Mediterranean coastline along the southeast corner of France. The region’s sub-tropical climate has drawn many famous visitors and expats, including Ernest Hemingway, Coco Chanel, and Pablo Picasso.

There, you can immerse yourself in French language and culture at our partner university, the Centre International d'Antibes, or take science, engineering, or business courses in English at the Bachelors Program at SKEMA Business School. As it is home to the Cannes Film Festival, the French Riviera is a great location to engage in a hands-on internship during this world-famous event. Excursions to cities like Provence and Grasse will round out your experience abroad.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s waiting for you!

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions

CEA Scholarships
CEA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Studying abroad will change your life, improve your employability, and enhance your global competence. That's why we commit more than $2.0 million each year to our financial and scholarship programs.

$400 - $3,000

Andrew

My semester abroad

I throughly enjoyed my time abroad. I met some of my best friends while there. We continue to travel the world together. My roommates taught me so many things about their own culture while I taught them mine. The program director was absolutely amazing she was able to help us in a moments notice and she was fluent in English, French, and German. She made us feel very welcome and answered all of our questions via email before we even arrived. I would highly recommend this program. Antibes was very safe all of the time. We never felt like we had to be on edge.

The school that we went to was very difficult based on how it was set up. I enjoyed the materials that we talked about in my classes, however it was very difficult to understand some of the professors or figure out how to contact them. They rarely checks their email or answered our questions. Most of the classwork was group projects. And there was a little homework for most of the grading was done through the tests and exams that we had.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you for your review, Andrew! We are glad to hear you had a wonderful experience in the French Riviera with CEA. We value your candid feedback and are always working to improve our programs for our students – if you would like to share any other feedback about your time abroad, we would love to hear from you at StudentFeedback@ceastudyabroad.com. Thank you for sharing your perspective and your wonderful photos – we wish you all the best and hope you’ll stop by and say “bonjour” the next time you’re in France!

Hannah

An Experience of a Lifetime

I can very easily say that studying abroad in the French Riviera through CEA has been one of the best experiences of my life. Our on-site coordinator, Kristen, was like a second mom to our group of 24 college students. The excursions and activities that she planned made my four months that much more special. Our housing was very centrally located and the public transportation made it easy to visit other neighboring cities like Nice and Cannes. Living in a different country for a semester can be scary, but it didn't take long before Antibes felt like my home. I feel so connected to Antibes that I plan to go back and visit every three years. And I have CEA to thank for it. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who is considering studying abroad.

Even if you do not have any experience speaking French, I recommend learning a few key phrases like how to order at a restaurant or ask for directions.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you for your review, Hannah! “I feel so connected to Antibes that I plan to go back and visit every three years” = major goals! Your suggestions for future students are helpful and we so appreciate your positive words about your semester with CEA!

Evelyn

Fall Semester in the French Riviera

This program is really great! I am so glad that I chose to come to the Riviera, and I think that everyone needs to know more about the South of France in general! The program was small, so it made it easier to get to know the people in our group really well, as well as get to know anyone they met here as well! The city we are located in, Antibes, is quaint, easy to get around in, and has just the right amount of locals to make it exciting and always buzzing. I have also never seen so many yachts in my life! Our program director is seriously the best person to have here, she is so helpful and really makes it feel like home from the moment you get here. The experiences here will last me a lifetime and it really has become one of my favorite places in Europe to be! I will really miss living in France, and I will definitely be back some day!

Maybe just teaming with a new school. The current school is quite unorganized and difficult to communicate with and get answers from when things go wrong. This is not just because we were having a level of culture shock, its just pure lack of organization on the school's part. Nothing that CEA could do about it, other than to look into new schools that will work better for students in the future.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you for your wonderful review, Evelyn! We are so proud of our CEA French Riviera staff and are so glad you had a positive experience in making Antibes a second home. We are always looking for ways to improve our programs and appreciate your insight. If there is anything you would like to share more specifically with our team regarding your host university, please email us at ProgramManagement@ceastudyabroad.com. We wish you all the best, and be sure to stop by and say “bonjour” should you find yourself in the French Riviera!

Kathryn

Best Choice I've Made-French Riviera study abroad

Studying in the French Riviera was the best choice I have ever made. Since being here, I have traveled to so many different cities and after spending 3 days in a busy, touristy area it truly feels like home once I get back to Antibes. It is a good size city with so much to do, with a beautiful climate and rich culture. It is also a 20 minute train ride each way to Nice or Cannes, very big cities in the South of France giving you even more exposure in the relaxed French culture. The CEA coordinator and fellow group members feel like a family and it is always fun when we get together for excursions or weeknight events. It is also very easy to get to and from the airport to travel while studying here. I traveled almost every weekend, of course determined by finances and school schedule, but this program was very good at promoting weekend travel and our coordinator was always willing to help with planning or giving tips for each city. This is an experience I will never forget and I will only ever speak highly of this program and country!

More help with the visa process would be very appreciated. It is a very heavy and stressful experience and each visa city does things very differently which made it hard for personal help.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Kathryn, thank you so much for your in-depth review! This will help guide future CEA students when deciding on a program, and we’re so glad to hear you had a positive experience in the French Riviera! We wish you all the best in your continued endeavors.

Katelyn

CEA Antibes Spring 2018

This was one of the most growing, most exiting, and by far one of the best four months of my life. CEA made all the pre-abroad paperwork easy to understand, they handled the logistics of lodging and schooling, welcomed us at the airport when we arrived, and the onsite specialist, Kristin, continued supporting us through the entire semester. CEA organized multiple different weekend excursions that allowed us to travel and experience cultures without the headache of planning. We also had the flexibility of adjusting our school schedules. For me, that meant I got every Friday off to spend exploring Antibes and other cities with new friends. Studying in the French Riviera is such a treat because the town of Antibes is a paradise in itself. My apartment was a five minute walk from the Mediterranean beaches and there were plenty of little nooks to sit and enjoy nature. There is a little Italian Gelato shop right by the beach where my friends and I would alway go to get the best gelato in town and say "ciao" to the owner. I would highly recommend this slow-paced, quaint environment to spend your four months abroad.

The program itself is wonderful. The school associated with it is a bit difficult to work with. I would recommend the site specialists possibly doing interviews with students to hear their thoughts on each class. This would give a better idea of how the school could be improved or how to better prepare CEA students for the culture at SKEMA.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Katelyn, we are thrilled that your time studying abroad with us was the best four months of your life. Thank you for sharing your experience and for the candid feedback on how we can improve. We would like to speak with you further to find out how we can do better in the future. Please contact us at ProgramManagement@ceastudyabroad.com.

Read my full story
Quinton

Greatest Location, Greatest Semester

Usually people study abroad in big cities, or cities that people always go to when traveling to Europe. Being in the French Riviera allowed me to explore the whole region as well as different countries, because of the accessibility of transportation. It was the best fit and such a unique experience studying abroad with CEA. They offered weekend excursions that other study abroad programs don't offer. There were hiking trails, swimming spots steps from my house and became a part of the Mediterranean lifestyle. The business school I attended had students from all over the world which was a life experience within itself. Definitley the greatest semester!

Response from CEA Study Abroad

We’re glad your experience was memorable. Thanks for sharing and being an ambassador, Quinton!

Jamie

Why you want CEA in the French Riviera

I have traveled a lot. I was a professional skier traveling the world before going to college in Salt Lake City, Utah. I wanted to study abroad because I missed the exposures to the different cultures, the unique experiences that no one else will ever understand, and overcoming struggles with things you had taken for granted in the U.S. or learning new practices you like better.

Having some experience traveling my biggest worry was renting. Finding a spot to rent that would let me rent for just four months, and how would I find a roommate? Well, CEA fixed that problem for me by booking me an apartment with two roommates!

The added benefit for me was getting to go on many of the excursions CEA offered.

I didn't really think this trip would be life-changing for me, I have been to Europe a lot before, but this experience WAS life changing and I would recommend a study abroad with CEA to ANYONE.

I understand that there is one price which includes all excursions. If you can't attend an excursion you won't get any money returned. I understand the point is that a lot of students would want to back out to get money back, but I had prior engagements booked before I went to France which did not allow me to participate in some excursions. I wish there had been a way if you had a booked prior engagement you could use that money for a different excursion. For example, when my mom came we rented a car and went to Grasse and a two-hour drive to Aix-en-Provence because I knew I was missing those trips. it would have been nice if we could have had the money CEA saved from me not attending the other weekends and inserted that into our touring expenses.

Other than that I have loved my experience and would recommend it highly
Read my full story
Samantha

I can't imagine being abroad without CEA!!!

CEA is an amazing company. I don't think that my time abroad would have been nearly as amazing without CEA. They handled all of the logistics for us. First, they provided housing and showed us around the town so we could get our bearings. My coordinator, Krisitin, was amazing. She taught us everything from how the buses work, where the best day trips are, where to buy groceries and how to fit in with locals. She is truly amazing!
We did so many excursions with CEA. They took us to places in southern France that are difficult to get to by public transportation. They provided us with a bus, food and a tour guide.
Seriously the best experience that I've ever had. I am SO thankful that I chose to study abroad with CEA.

The university that we attend is alright, but could be improved. It is a bit disorganized, but it is really amazing to be able to go to classes with people form so many different countries. The students in my international business course represent over 15 countries - it is so amazing!