By CEA Study Abroad   Reviews (6)   93% Rating

CEA Study Abroad on the French Riviera

By CEA Study Abroad   Reviews (6)   93% Rating

300+ sunny days a year; world-class museums and galleries; sandy beaches... Sound good? The French Riviera is the perfect spot to hone your French language skills and immerse into local culture. Nestled in the South of France at the crossroads of the Alps, Italy, Provence, and Monaco, this stunning locale has drawn visitors from around the world for centuries -- including luminaries such as Hemingway, Chanel, and Picasso -- thanks to its sub-tropical climate and beautiful scenery. Immerse yourself in the French language at our partner university, the Centre International d'Antibes, or take science, engineering, or business courses in English at the Bachelors Program at SKEMA Business School. The French Riviera is also home to the Cannes Film Festival; CEA students have the opportunity to engage in a hands-on internship (and mingle with the stars) during this world-famous event. Excursions to sites like St. Tropez, Nice, Eze, Monaco, and Provence round out your experience abroad.

Europe › France
Public Relations
Sociology
Hotel
Cost
Included: Pre-departure Support; International Health Insurance; Orientation; Housing; Volunteer Opportunities; Computer Lab; Internet connection; more. Scholarships available
French Riviera
5000.00

Rating Values

Olivia
Knoxville, TN
Belmont University

Making a home abroad

Overall 10

My experience studying abroad in the French Riviera with CEA exceeded my expectations in so many ways. Many students study abroad in big cities in Europe but my favorite part of this program was getting to live in the little seaside town of Antibes. I feel like I really got to know this little town and make it home for a few months. The best part is that Nice is only 20 minutes away by train and has everything a big city has to offer including an international airport so that it is easy and cheap to travel all over Europe on the weekends! The excursions that CEA provides are so fun and enable you to see things in the Riviera that you would never see otherwise and really helped me understand the culture! The CEA staff is incredibly helpful. Other students at our school who studied abroad without CEA were so jealous I f all the support and perks we had as CEA students! I can't say enough to describe how wonderful this program is! My daily life included runs by the sea, hanging out on the beach with friends, and trying new gelato and coffee shops.

John
Clover, SC
Clemson University

French Riviera Spring 2016

Overall 9

Living in Antibes on the Riviera for 4 months was unbelievable. The town is beautiful, quaint, and easy to find your way around. There are many great places to eat as well. It is very close to the airport and train station which makes traveling anywhere in Europe extremely easy. CEA's onsite staff are wonderful and always asking what they can do to make your experience the best it can be. Wonderful place to study!

Whitney
Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse

Nothing better out there

Overall 10

CEA was the best choice for my study abroad experience. The onsite staff was such a big reason why I chose the program. They (Kristin and Sylvia) helped with any and all of our questions and took us on trips all around the Riviera so that we got to really experience and see the area. Waking up each morning and seeing the Mediterranean Sea out my window was something so special and surreal. Antibes is an incredible city to live in and CEA was so incredibly helpful in making sure of that.

Ada
Boston

It was an unique experience

Overall 8

I was lucky enough to manage my class schedule into two days, therefore I traveled almost every weekend domestically and every other week to another country. Friends I made are the ones who made my time special. Classes in Skema was not challenging but it was very easy to fall off track because the teaching style is different than the U.S, especially the lecture duration.
The accommodation was great, location was great, we got many field trips to experience local culture and interact with locals and of course food!

Jessica
Boston, MA
Northeastern University

SKEMA Classes

Overall 10

While I was abroad I took: Physics I (with lab), Chemistry I (with lab), Marketing Principles, and Management Information Systems.

Physics I was my hardest course. There were only problem-solving questions on the exams and quizzes, with no multiple choice.

My other three classes were reasonably paced, and the exam material was fairly predictable. They challenged me to master the material and work as a team on projects. I estimate that these three classes were easier than they would have been at my home university in the U.S.

My Physics lab met every other week, and my Chemistry lab was done on an independently chosen schedule (which was very convenient). Physics and Chemistry lectures meet twice a week, whereas my other classes met only once. All of my teachers were willing to help and available outside of class.

Cck
BERKELEY!!!
University of California- Berkeley

Best 5 months of your life!

Overall 9

CEA in the French Riviera is the most amazing location in all of Europe. The specific town that you live in is small but so cute. The size is great too because you can get to know the town really well but there are still places to go out and tons and tons of well known places right near by. I loved taking the train to Monaco, Nice, Cannes, and my favorite beach town ville franche. The school is just a bus ride away and class is not too often so its perfect for traveling. There is a train station centrally located and the airport is just a one euro bus ride away! The apartments are huge, safe, and very nice. They are close to the beach and the beautiful harbor. The French alps are close and the school takes you on a trip there! I loved the program and it has so much to offer. It is an active city with lots of runners and bikers! I loved the food and cooked a lot as well to save some money for more traveling! I highly recommend the South of France!!

Since 1997, CEA has maintained one simple philosophy: To provide high-quality international academic programs and internship services. For you, that translates to personalized support through each step of your study abroad and internship experience, from the moment you first apply to the day you return home again.

Along the way, you’ll learn to adapt, to communicate across cultures, to broaden your perspective. You’ll earn credits toward graduation while gaining invaluable skills that boost your resume and enhance your employability. You’ll make new friends and expand your network. And you’ll learn more about yourself than you ever thought possible. Simply put, study and interning abroad will shape the rest of your life.

Because going abroad is more than just an academic experience -- it’s a life experience. With destinations in 22 cities across 12 countries, we offer a balance of academics and adventure to more than 3,500 students each year... where will your learning take you?

Community Photos: