The Middlebury School in France offers cultural and linguistic immersion through a rigorous curriculum and adherence to the Middlebury Language Pledge. By pledging to speak only the target language while abroad, students will have the best chance of acquiring fluency and actively engaging in the local environment. The School in France headquarters is in Paris, and students in Paris, Bordeaux, and Poitiers can take some or all of their courses at a host university. All students are encouraged to get involved in the community through internships or interactions within the clubs and activities available.
- All course work is conducted entirely in French
- Students adhere to the Middlebury College Language Pledge
- Direct enrollment at local universities
- Housing with French families or students
- Academic internships and volunteer work