CISabroad - Summer in Paris - Language & Culture

Turn Paris into your classroom over the course of four weeks during your Summer in Paris program. On the French Language Summer Program at the Institut Catholique de Paris (ICP), you’ll improve your spoken French skills and knowledge of French culture while living in the heart of this amazing city. Admire the intricate beauty of Notre Dame, sit and read in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower, or practice your French by ordering a morning baguette on your way to class. Paris is famous for its romantic atmosphere, rich history, and incredible influence on fashion, design, art, cuisine, and culture. You’ll never tire of this city, so saisis le moment on your Summer in Paris!

• Campus near fountains, fashion, cafés, croissants, and Jardin du Luxembourg, a beautiful park for picnics
  • Intensive French language courses at all levels
  • Easy transportation system of bikes, taxis, buses, trains, and planes to explore Paris and Europe
  • Apartments in a traditional French neighborhood
  • Trips to the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Moulin Rouge, and many more famous landmarks

Tara

Truly INTENSIVE Study

I went into this thinking I would be attending French class maybe three days a week, without a schedule or anything. When I arrived, we had class Monday through Friday, alternating between half days and full days of all French. This really put a damper on my experience, as I felt like I didn't have much time to myself. What saved the trip were the excursions with the onsite director to several famous sites, as well as welcome and farewell dinners at fancy restaurants (le fromage et l'eau pour moi, merci). All the time spent on these excursions were the high points of my two and a half months abroad, not including my few solo trips outside of France which were also wonderful. If I could do it again, I wish I could have just done the excursions and spent the rest of the time traveling by myself (which isn't to say the education wasn't good--it was, but I didn't know ahead of time how much there would be).

More accurate information about the program should be included in the promotional materials.
Response from CISabroad

We really appreciate your feedback, Tara! We're sorry that the intensity of the French class took you by surprise - we will make sure this is accurately reflected in our materials and communications. It's great to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed the excursions and support staff!

Sara

Summer in Paris

I loved living in Paris for a month and studying French at the Catholic Institute of Paris through CIS Abroad. I was able to enhance my French skills and meet other study abroad students from around the world. The program director, Drasko, was extremely helpful and I really enjoyed the tours and trips around the city that he organized. One of my favorite excursions was definitely going to Musee D'Orsay and seeing all the mesmerizing art. I had a Eurail pass and spent the weekends visiting other cities and countries. There was so much to explore and it was all so accessible from Paris!

I would have really liked to interact with local people on a more personal level, especially other college students. As it was, the study abroad kids always had classes together and lived together, so it was difficult to make friends with young French people who could have really enhanced our understanding of the language and the culture.
Kaylee
Kaylee

Inspirational Experience

My time in Paris, France was amazing to say the least. Paris has always been my dream to go and visit but I had the opportunity to not only live there but go to school as well. I went into the program knowing little to no French and it was a great risk I was taking. However, it was the most rewarding experience I have ever had. I not only got to further my French speaking skills it showed that I can overcome difficult situations in positive ways. Going abroad gives one valuable skills that you will have for the rest of your life. I loved my time in France! I enjoyed it so much that it inspired me to go abroad again with CISabroad! Traveling and indulging in new cultures led me to find my passion in life and try to pursue a career in it. I recommend everyone and anyone to study away at least once in their life.

I don't think that there is much improvement needed for this program. The only thing that stressed me out a little, was not knowing where I am living or who I am living with until a day or two before I left for France. Maybe having it where one can opt into receiving their roommates contact information before heading abroad!

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...