SAI Programs: Study Abroad at the American University of Paris

our apartment in the 16e arrondissement
view from outside our apartment!
Study Abroad in Paris

SAI invites students to experience an American-style education in the heart of Paris! Founded in 1962, The American University of Paris (AUP) is one of the oldest American institutions of higher learning in Europe. AUP courses are taught in English, with additional electives available in French. The curriculum is discipline based, comparative, and cross-cultural, including a wide range of academic subjects.

SAI oversees and coordinates all aspects of student enrollment, including application processing, course selection and credit, visa advising, housing, student health insurance, and transcripts. In addition, SAI provides comprehensive student services, from the moment of application, through the on-site experience, until students return home.

• 200+ courses taught each semester in a range of disciplines.
  • Many student clubs and organizations available to study abroad students.
  • Join students from around the world to study in Paris.
  • Enjoy SAI's 360° Services

Caroline

Wish I Could Do it All Over Again!

I was scared to go off to Paris by myself, but SAI made me feel as comfortable as possible. I found amazing and lifelong friends in my program, but also found a mentor. My program advisor, Jenn, was only willing to help and answered every question that I had. She pushed us to immerse ourselves in the French culture and taught us so stay open minded throughout our entire journey. She offered us advice whenever needed and always welcomed us to her office. Jenn truly helped me make Paris my home away from home.

Andrew

SAI in Paris is the greatest time of your life!

I had an amazing time in Paris thanks to SAI Programs. They signed me up for classes, found me an amazing Parisian apartment, and provided each student with a cell phone. The students at the American University of Paris are great overall. I was in a small class with about 11 kids and they were simply amazing. We all went to Vienna, Austria for 4 days and had a blast!! SAI provided some excursions to Normandy and Amboise which were simply spectacular. I lived in the 15th arrondisement with one other study abroad student and it was the perfect location. 30 minute walk to the Eiffel tower or the Invalides.

I would say it would be nice to have more kids in the program. There was a good mix of people but I only clicked with a couple and that made it hard at first to fit in and feel comfortable. Obviously, we were the first program in Paris so the numbers will grow as more people learn how awesome SAI is!!
Silvia

SAI Paris was awesome!

SAI Paris Fall 2014 was a blast! I really loved our apartment and my roommates. The apartment was in a very safe neighborhood and it was super easy to get to school. Sheila, the SAI staff in Paris, was always very helpful and nice. I would totally study abroad all over again!

Sina

An Experience of a Lifetime

My experience studying abroad last fall is one that I will never forget! SAI provided a gorgeous apartment, which was beyond my expectations, for my roommates and I in Paris. I met amazing people throughout the semester, and made memories that I wouldn't trade for the world.