Sustainable Energy Technology - Summer School | Online Course

In this Online Course you explore sustainable energy technologies especially in the context of buildings. As a participant, you learn about building performance simulation, methods for energy supply of buildings, as well as energy trading and power plant management. The classes cover fundamentals of modeling and simulation to carry out dynamic building simulations. Furthermore, a case study featuring energy efficient technology and a business simulation game featuring energy trading and power plant management enable students to apply their knowledge in a practical manner. Overall, you reach an understanding of energy efficience for buildings on a micro-level, as well as considering connections on a macro-level.

✓ highly mixed/international group
✓ online lectures & tutorials
✓ group work & self study
✓ intercultural exchange
✓ virtual social events
✓ full online experience
✓ RWTH certificate

Tushar

A wonderful experience

This summer school program on " Sustainable Energy Technology" successfully met all the expectations that I had in my mind. The course was well structured, with academics being the top priority, followed by excursions and fun activities. I had an amazing time interacting with professors who were super focused on their field of work, especially Dr. Andreas who was highly dedicated towards his work and gave us a nice tour of his workplace in Wiesbaden. I loved interacting with people from various nationalities, varied ethnic backgrounds, yet we all shared a common interest, to learn and share the knowledge available, to make this world a better place. I took some time on weekends to visit the neighboring countries of Belgium and Netherlands and loved each and every second of my experience. All in all, it was a very nice experience and I would love to come back soon enough to upgrade my knowledge as well as enrich myself with the amazing land of ideas- Deutschland.

Herzlich Willkommen

Tushar

I would say increase the duration of the course by a day or two and stress more on the simulation exercises so that we can actually take back something useful out of it. Rest everything was fine
1 person found this review helpful.
Sabarish

Worth it

Absolutely worth the time and money. Worth even more, actually. Great people, great place, great University. Perfectly organised. Near faultless.
Academic content covered a wide base, and sufficient amount of information and training was provided. The professors were all very professional and knowledgeable.
Accommodation was satisfactory - WiFi here was a problem.
Food at the University was very good, and many restaurants in town are excellent.
Transport was easy- bus pass was provided for the entire Aachen region and surrounding regions.
The BeBuddy programme was very helpful as well.

1 person found this review helpful.