ISA Study Abroad in Athens, Greece

As the "birthplace of democracy," students can walk in the same footsteps of the world's greatest philosophers like Plato and Aristotle. With a recorded history of over 3,400 years, the history of Athens is almost incomparable to any other city in the world. While the remains of ancient Athens is still prevalent throughout the city today, the city is as young and vibrant as ever. Students will gain access to the city's countless museums, cafes and tavernas, local shops and farmers markets, not to mention the country's famous Greek islands.

ISA Scholarships
ISA Scholarships and Financial Aid

ISA is committed to increasing all students’ access to study abroad’s many benefits. We don't let financial hardships to get in the way of a life changing educational experience.

$350 - $2,000

Erica

Living Among the Gods and Goddesses

My semester in Athens, Greece was the best time of my life. It is a beautiful country that has everything you could imagine, from the snow covered mountains, to the sandy beaches, to the bustling city, and ancient ruins around every corner. My favorite thing to learn about in history class was always the Greek gods and goddesses, so visiting their ancient temples was like an out of world experience for me. My ISA advisors were some of the kindest people I know and made a real effort to expose the students to their culture. The food was incredible and I could probably eat gyros for the rest of my life. My classes was a great mix of American and Greek students, where we could often debate about our ways of life. The thing I will value the most is the lifelong friendships that I have made. I still talk to my friends often and meeting them gives me a new excuse to travel more often to see them.

A huge part of Athens is its ancient history and a large part of the ISA/ACG cultural activities is visiting the ancient ruins of the gods and goddesses. Therefore, I would recommend reading up on some of the gods and goddesses as well as some ancient mythology before leaving. Although I remembered some of the stories growing up, I think it would have been even more meaningful to visit these beautiful sites if I had reviewed their stories ahead of the semester.