AIFS Study Abroad in India: Semester or Academic Year

Earn up to 16 credits at the University of Hyderabad. AIFS students can choose from the full curriculum, with courses ranging from business, arts and humanities, science and technology, Indian studies and more. Courses are taught in English.

Live on campus in the University’s International Student Residence, designed for study abroad students, with meal plan and internet included. Enjoy activities such as visits to important cultural and historic sites, Indian cooking classes and traditional Indian dance lessons. Included is a 6-day Golden Triangle Tour that takes students to Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. Optional excursions include Ajanta and Ellora, Mumbai, and Kerala.

AIFS in Hyderabad offers both a Traditional Program and a Community Engagement Program (CEP) for the fall semester. The CEP is a service learning program which develops students’ understanding of current issues impacting community life in India, and places them with an NGO.

kre

Experience of a Lifetime

AIFS was a great program. The golden triangle trip at the beginning of the program provided an opportunity to see some of the highlights of India. We also learned about how to travel in India.

The program director was wonderful. She was available and very helpful.

There were problems with the academics. One professor was a truly amazing individual, however other professors canceled classes frequently or just didn't show up.

Dorm/hostel life provided air conditioned living and all meals. The rooms were like cells and beds very hard. However there were always traveling companions available.

The hostel manager was a great help booking train tickets or ordering a taxi.

It was a life changing experience.

Getting the Visa in the US was very stressful. AIFS could have been more pro-active and helpful.
Simon

Hyderabad is an Amazing Place

I loved my time in Hyderabad, India. Despite the heat, I enjoyed the vast campus and course selection, but would definitely take another Poly Sci class if I could (don't take Socialist and Communist Parties). The Communication department is the strongest; I did an Independent Study in Radio Production and made my best friends there.

The city has much to do and see, from the Old City Markets to the Hi-Tech City Hubs. Transportation is fun with Rickshaws and Buses, and there are trains to go further through the city. The Program trip to Ajanta and Ellora is marvelous.

Bottom Line, do this program. You'll meet wonderful people, forge countless memories, and have a life changing experience.

If the program had home-stay options, it would be perfect.
Kate

More opportunities less money

I lived with people who were using different programs to study in India and AIFS offered more travel and cultural opportunities and support than the other programs and it the cost was significantly less.

katiealamode

Hyderabad, mai tumse pyar karti hu

My semester in Hyderabad, India was an absolutely life-changine experience. As cliche as that sounds, the 5 months I spent in Hyderabad expanded my view of the world to a level that I didn't know was possible.

The school - University of Hyderabad is a really beautiful campus. It had a lot to offer that I wasn't used to coming from a small private school in the U.S. My classes were interesting and I loved being in classes alongside Indian students. It was fascinating to study various subjects from such a different perspective.

The culture - Indian culture is colorful, exciting, warm, musical, loud. India is immediately a sensory-overload experience. And I loved every second of that. The food was amazing - when else do I get to have Indian food every meal of every day for 5 months??

The program - AIFS was superb at helping me through every step of the process. They helped as I planned and prepared back at home. Then they provided so much support when I was in Hyderabad. Sumana, the Resident Director, became our Indian mother, always there to listen, give advice, plan activities, help us find things to do, etc. I felt supported and comfortable the entire time.

My biggest piece of advice for going on this program would be to remain very open-minded. Your experience in Hyderabad, and India in general, will be very different from life at home. At first it might seem overwhelming, but patience is key. I came to love living such a different lifestyle for a period of time. I made life-long friends and learned so much about India, the world, and most importantly, myself. I cannot emphasize enough how much I would recommend this program to anyone ready for the adventure of a lifetime.

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....