Maynooth University is regularly identified as Ireland’s friendliest campus in national and international polls. The University has more than 100 clubs and societies, including sports, political parties, arts, comedy, music, dance, drama and history. The international student society arranges social evenings and weekends away throughout the year. During the semester you will be close to all the Irish music, classical literature, lively pubs and famous theatres of Dublin.
At the university you’ll be taking courses alongside Irish students and other international peers. The university offers courses in business and law, education, humanities, social sciences and STEM, making it a perfect location to take courses toward your major or general education requirements.
- Break free of the traditional, touristy study abroad locations by living in Maynooth, Ireland, a quaint community known as the only college town in Ireland. Then push yourself to step into Dublin, which is only a short train or bus ride away.
- Examine how people manage conflict and gain an understanding of how it affects society by examining the Irish conflict known as “The Troubles” in BCA’s required peace and conflict studies course.
- Dedicate yourself to understanding Ireland from a local’s perspective and sign up for Maynooth University’s buddy program to ensure that you befriend and get the perspective of Irish students!
- Travel outside of Maynooth with the BCA RD. Excursions vary by semester but typically the program includes a visit to Belfast, Northern Ireland to see the famous murals and speak with locals about the ongoing Irish peace process.
- Interested students can also explore their roots or simply make the most of their time in Ireland by completing the Irish Cultural Heritage Certificate, which offers an interdisciplinary evaluation of early Irish cultural history.