Masters Programs at the University of Limerick

Joining whenever there's a free event/free food event on campus!
Road trip to Northern Ireland - driving all around for a week!
Celebrating Thanksgiving with new friends!
The course helped us make friends for life!
The MA International Tourism class having fun learning about Irish rural tourism.
Cuba was an experience of a lifetime!

Students choose the University of Limerick for the internationally recognized programs and the unique campus location. The University is located on the west coast of Ireland along the picturesque River Shannon and enjoys an unspoiled natural environment blended with state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities. UL provides the best on-campus accommodation and sporting facilities in Ireland.

International students are represented across the four faculties at UL: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Education and Health Sciences, Science and Engineering and the Kemmy Business School. Over 73 undergraduate programs and 96 taught postgraduate programs are offered by the University.

The University of Limerick offers a range of taught postgraduate courses across the four faculties. The majority of our programs are 1 year taught Master Degrees making them very attractive for International students.

Ashley

The Best Decision I Ever Made

I studied abroad at UL in 2016 and fell in love with campus, the welcoming and exciting energy of UL and life as a Limerick resident. As soon as my semester ended, I had my heart set on going back. I needed to earn a master's degree to work in my field, and when I researched UL's programs I realized that tuition was significantly cheaper than schools in the US and programs tended to last only one year. Not to mention, I could work part time. I got to return to my favorite place in the world and even worked with the international office to support incoming students! At UL, I learned from professors and mentors who really cared about me and made friends that truly became family. I loved the people around me, my Limerick community, and Ireland!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Making the decision to move abroad not knowing anyone. I had to trust myself to make the decision that was right for me and not let fear of the unknown get in the way. There are so many ways to meet people and make friends in UL, whether it's classes, clubs or events in town. If I hadn't put myself out there, I would never have been able to meet people who I love like family today!
Lindsay

New found home

I decided to pursue my master's at UL not really know what to expect but it turned out to be some of the best memories and friendships I've had.
I was able to meet my closest friends through the buddy program and orientation events and we've been together ever since - taking trips all over Ireland and Europe!
My favorite part of studying here was the ease of life and ability to integrate. I've truly found another home that I can stay and feel I belong.

There was a lot of team work, which is good but not always best for developing individual skill sets. I would have liked to have been able to practice more theory and put it into practice.
Read my full story
Michelle

Returning to UL for my Masters

My decision to pursue a Masters degree at UL was largely based around my first experience at the University as a study abroad student in 2012. I had heard from a friend about the MA in International Tourism programme and after some researching I knew it was the right course for me. The programme blended students from all over the world such as the U.S., China, Cuba, Germany and Ireland. Our course took us on different field studies all around Ireland and even a trip to Cuba. As a class, we travelled to Cuba for a week where we learned and experienced first-hand about the tourism industry! Not to mention it was a great class bonding session. I would encourage anyone who is interested in getting a Masters in Ireland to look into the many options that UL has to offer. My experience as a Masters student was much different than when I studied abroad but it was different in a new and exciting way!

Mark

Great Irish life and study experiences

I came from an American research university on the east coast to complete a 1-year MSc math modelling at UL. I had a decent background in math, but was certainly taking courses that were going to be out of my comfort zone. The professors and the students in my program--many of whom were also new to upper-level math--worked with me through the entire year. Outside of the classroom I traveled the island with the guys in my program, going to Sunday dinners at their houses, visiting their hometowns, and taking long weekends in Dublin and along the Irish cost with them. It was the perfect blend of study and traveling, thanks to the group of fellow students. After UL I ended up at another American research university to continue graduate studies.

No program is perfect.