Masters Programs at the University of Limerick

Masters Programs at the University of Limerick

Students choose the University of Limerick for the internationally recognized programs and the unique campus location. The University is located on the west coast of Ireland along the picturesque River Shannon and enjoys an unspoiled natural environment blended with state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities. UL provides the best on-campus accommodation and sporting facilities in Ireland.

International students are represented across the four faculties at UL: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Education and Health Sciences, Science and Engineering and the Kemmy Business School. Over 73 undergraduate programs and 96 taught postgraduate programs are offered by the University.

The University of Limerick offers a range of taught postgraduate courses across the four faculties. The majority of our programs are 1 year taught Master Degrees making them very attractive for International students.

Europe » Ireland » Limerick
Sociology
Women's Studies
Phone / Skype Interview
Language Requirement
The taught postgraduate courses at UL are normally 1 year in duration from September to September and include 2 semesters and a final dissertation. The tuition fees listed only include tuition fees. Accommodation and living expenses are separate.
Each graduate is entitled to apply for a Graduate Employment Scheme that allows non-EU graduates to work in Ireland for 1 year after graduation.
Postgraduate Scholarships:
Science and Engineering 50% Scholarship for GPA of 3.30/4.00 or above
Kemmy Business School: €1,500 scholarship for GPA of 3.30/4.00 or above
Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences: €1,500 for GPA of 3.00/4.00 or above and €2,000 for 3.30/4.00 or above

Lindsay
Tucson
University of Limerick

New found home

I decided to pursue my master's at UL not really know what to expect but it turned out to be some of the best memories and friendships I've had.
I was able to meet my closest friends through the buddy program and orientation events and we've been together ever since - taking trips all over Ireland and Europe!
My favorite part of studying here was the ease of life and ability to integrate. I've truly found another home that I can stay and feel I belong.

There was a lot of team work, which is good but not always best for developing individual skill sets. I would have liked to have been able to practice more theory and put it into practice.

Michelle
Norton, Massachusetts
Roger Williams University

Returning to UL for my Masters

My decision to pursue a Masters degree at UL was largely based around my first experience at the University as a study abroad student in 2012. I had heard from a friend about the MA in International Tourism programme and after some researching I knew it was the right course for me. The programme blended students from all over the world such as the U.S., China, Cuba, Germany and Ireland. Our course took us on different field studies all around Ireland and even a trip to Cuba. As a class, we travelled to Cuba for a week where we learned and experienced first-hand about the tourism industry! Not to mention it was a great class bonding session. I would encourage anyone who is interested in getting a Masters in Ireland to look into the many options that UL has to offer. My experience as a Masters student was much different than when I studied abroad but it was different in a new and exciting way!

Mark
Boston, MA

Great Irish life and study experiences

I came from an American research university on the east coast to complete a 1-year MSc math modelling at UL. I had a decent background in math, but was certainly taking courses that were going to be out of my comfort zone. The professors and the students in my program--many of whom were also new to upper-level math--worked with me through the entire year. Outside of the classroom I traveled the island with the guys in my program, going to Sunday dinners at their houses, visiting their hometowns, and taking long weekends in Dublin and along the Irish cost with them. It was the perfect blend of study and traveling, thanks to the group of fellow students. After UL I ended up at another American research university to continue graduate studies.

No program is perfect.

The University of Limerick (UL) is an independent, internationally focussed university with over 13,000 students, approximately 13% of whom are international. Established in 1972, UL is a young, energetic and enterprising university with a proud record of innovation in education and excellence in research and