Earn your BA Degree in Government at IDC Herzliya

Earn your BA Degree in Government at IDC Herzliya

IDC Herzliya offers an internationally recognized BA in Government taught entirely in English in just three years with students from more than 80 countries worldwide.

The program features a world renowned academic and professional faculty and combines theory and practice in order to equip the next generation of leaders.

Providing a broad based perspective, the courses offered in the Government program explore the impact of political forces, social issues, business interests and economic policies on domestic and global politics, along with factors such as the media, culture and technology. The program looks at issues confronting the world today: the environment; ethnic conflicts; nuclear strategy; terrorism; gender issues.

In addition to the core curriculum, students can choose from five specializations: Diplomacy and Strategy; Conflict Resolution; Middle East studies; Business Administration and Homeland Security Studies.

Asia » Israel
Statement of Purpose
Resume
Letters of Recommendation
Language Requirement
Scholarships and Financial Aid available upon request.

Florian
Israel

B.A. in Government

Definitively the most advanced undergraduate degree in political science available in English in Israel. The country's best professors in the field teach in this program, they often come from leading positions in the government, ministry of foreign affairs, defense forces, etc.
Although academically challenging, it is a less stressful environment than at European universities (from experience) - there is a good academic and social atmosphere that makes it actually fun to go to school.

No PhD program yet.

Hannah
Herzliya, Israel

Challenging environment in the heart of international politics agendas

I love going to IDC. The government program I think is the best because it is very challenging and you study with other students who are also passionate. Furthermore, studying government and international relations in the Middle East is a unique opportunity that is an experience of a lifetime. Main problems include not enough support or help easily accessible to students.

Better resources for tutoring and more quiet spaces for studying

Samantha
Herzliya Israel
University of Florida

BA Degree: Government

There is no other place I can imagine studying than at the IDC. I have been to universities in America for three years, before I decided to make the move to IDC. It was by far the best decision I have ever made for myself. I have learned more about myself and my studies in one short year at IDC than I have my entire life. IDC provides a family-feel environment. I love how the classes are small and everyone in your class shares the same schedule. Everyone works together at IDC and there is unlimited help. Studying becomes fun. Nothing can compare to living in the heart of the conflict while studying the conflict itself. There are students from all over the world in my classes which provides such a unique experience to studying government. To be learning about the government system in Sweden and have a student from Sweden explain their view of their home country, followed by a student's view from Nigeria. This is truly the best more unique program out there. I highly recommend IDC to anyone who wants a lief changing experience for themselves.

Better access to sports programs and a better library or study room.

Rafael
Herzliya, Israel

BA in Government, Diplomacy and Strategy

Most classes are extremely interesting, teachers are extremely open to questions and criticism if you disagree with their view on something and they are always open to debate, which is great.
While outside of campus language maybe a barrier, most people in Israel speak at the very least basic English so it's easy to get around. Once on campus it is a fullly anglo environment, so nothing to worry about.
School staff is always there to help you with any problems you may have, they might not be the most efficient, but they sure get the job well done!
Overall, IDC is probably the best school to study Government in the MidEast, the best teachers of the best universities in Israel all gather to teach in IDC which makes the program probably the best one there could be.

I'm not saying classes are too big because they aren't, most classes have 50 people or less, but obviously if they were a bit smaller it would be even better.

Heli
Helsinki

Inspirational three years

The government program lecturers and faculty are from the academic but also professional fields. They gave us theoretical and practical skills that I believe best prepared me for my career. They would give their recommendations on future academic studies, helped to connect me with the internships that I was interested in and so much more. I truly recommend IDC for anyone that is into getting inspired every day and for anyone that loves networking and getting to know people from all over the world. The IDC gave me the confidence of starting my own non-profit with my classmates and I could not be happier with my degree.

It takes time to understand the system, but once you do after the first or second semester, you begin to get the most out of it.

The Raphael Recanati International School of the IDC Herzliya is located just 10 minutes north of Tel Aviv and hosts students from more than 80 countries around the globe for full BA and MA programs taught entirely in English. Programs at the IDC are based