Israel: Haifa - Undergraduate and Graduate Courses

USAC has teamed up with the University of Haifa in Israel to offer a unique experience to students looking to study abroad in the Middle East. Courses are taught in English, Arabic and Hebrew at the university, with concentrations on Israel/Middle Eastern Studies, Hebrew and Arabic languages, Peace, Conflict and Religious Studies, and more.

Haifa is Israel's third largest city and is known for its natural beauty and cultural diversity. Students will be able to explore the city and its people in an attempt to understand a region that has evolved due to various factors over thousands of years.

• Challenge yourself to understand a region of cultural, political, and religious importance from ancient to modern times
  • Experience the cultural diversity of the Middle East
  • Study Hebrew or Arabic at all levels of proficiency; or choose courses from a variety of other disciplines
  • Enjoy the scenery and climate of a Mediterranean city and campus adjacent to a national park

Amanda

Not a personal favorite

Overall I did not enjoy this program. I feel I should have went with another program. The application process for the University of Haifa was confusing. The application did not have a summer term or the classes USAC had listed on their website. I didn't get accepted to the program until 2 DAYS before the program started. The University of Haifa is very disorganized. I had no idea where to go. I was not taking language intensive classes. However, they put me with an Israeli roommate who did not speak English. I only took a class on terrorism, which was great! USAC says they offer tours which the University of Haifa sets up, no tours were offered. That upset me the most.

No, I don't recommend this program
Athena

The Perfect Place for Political Science Students

Israel was an incredible place to study as an International Affairs major. I learned first hand what the prominent political views and ideologies are that affect the situation in Israel. I've read a lot about Israel, but the only way to truly understand the country is to go.

The classes offered through the University of Haifa could be improved. Many of the teachers were disorganized. Both the Hebrew and Arabic courses are great though!
Jade

Loved it!

Studying in Israel was a fabulous experience full of culture, diversity, and joy. The university is only 20 minutes away from the Mediterranean Sea and train station. Public transportation is easy to use and really affordable. Greatest time of my life!