CISabroad - Semester in Perugia, Italy

CISabroad - Semester in Perugia, Italy

We always have promotions running to save you money. Visit our website for more information.

Study abroad in the heart of Italy - Perugia! At the Umbra Institute, you will strengthen your Italian with classes tailored to your specific needs and level of expertise. Immerse yourself within the Italian culture by indulging in the world-famous chocolate and gelato! Perhaps you’ll attend Perugia’s annual chocolate festival hosted every October.

Perugia’s central location makes travel to Rome, Florence, Venice, and Milan easy! Enjoy the Italian street culture and the countless museums housing historic artifacts and iconic pieces. Join CISabroad and study in Perugia!

Europe » Italy » Perugia

Mary
Youngstown, Ohio
Ohio University

My Perugia, Italy Experience

My name is Mary and I am a student at Ohio University. As a sophomore, I knew that I wanted to study abroad before I graduated and went out into 'the real world'. I was fortunate enough to have met with a few other students who shared their experiences during their times abroad. They informed me of CIS Abroad and how helpful they were with getting them set up and finding the ideal study abroad location for them.
Ever since I was a little girl I was crazy about Italy. No I am not Italian. And no its not because of my obsession with pizza or wine. Instead, it was because I loved their language and always thought of their culture as being romantic.
At the end of my sophomore year, I set sail (well actually via plane) to Italy. The program I was in was a 6 week session in the summer. When I arrived, not knowing a soul, I was warmly greeted by the CIS Abroad staff. They were full of answers to my many questions and made me feel like I was part of their family. I was also greeted in waves of the members that were embarking on the same journey that I was. The students were from all over the United States; Wisconsin, California, Ohio, Illinois.
The housing that was offered to me through the program was amazing! I stayed in a beautiful, authentic Italian apartment in the town of Perugia. I had one roommate, who was also a student abroad in the same program as me. We quickly became friends, which made things very fun when I wanted to explore -because I always had a friend close by to do those things with.
The schooling that was involved was intense but very rewarding. I came to Italy with two semesters of Italian and planned on finishing my last two semesters there. For me, learning a language was never easy. I barely even had the basics down in the Italian language before my study abroad trip. The teachers in Italy were so hands on and helpful that I picked the language up faster than I ever thought I could. Still to this day, over a year later, I correspond with the teachers I had -in Italy. Amazing learning experience overall!
The location of Italy where I lived was incredible. It was the small town atmosphere that I wanted that included little cafes and pizza shops. It was so nice to live in a smaller town because I became a regular at some places. One place in particular (I forget the name at the moment) sold fresh fruit smoothies and paninis. I used to go almost every day with my fellow classmates! We became so close with the sweet man that lived there. He would only speak to us in Italian and told of us of his journey from Algeria to Italy and how he always wanted to own a shop. Hopefully one day I go back and visit and he will still be there!
All in all, my study abroad experience was unforgettable. Still to this day I think about the amazing times I had in Perugia, Italy. It was challenging at times, but I am grateful because it shaped me as a person and put me out of my comfort zone. I would recommend studying abroad to anyone! CIS Abroad made my trip so enjoyable and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Including more excursions within the program. Due to the fact that the schooling was so intense, it wasn't very easy to just up and leave and travel throughout Italy.

Hannah
Lancaster,Pa
Immaculata University

Summer in Perugia, Italy

I absolutely loved Italy. The CISabroad program helped ensure me that I would be safe, a fear of mine since I was traveling alone, and made everything I needed to do easy to follow. I highly recommend CISabroad for any study abroad programs. I would definitely return to Italy, and would definitely travel again through CISabroad! With so many options, CISabroad will help you get to any destination!

I wish it was longer!

Megan
Ohio
Marietta College

Umbra Institute

I wished I would have had the option of a mentor family or a home stay.
More help with "getting out of my shell" to meet more natives.
Professors were always willing to help out students.
Italian tutors were native, major bonus!
Travel was easy and not too expensive, throughout Italy.
Intensive Italian week was necessary and was extremely helpful in my stay in Italy. Wish it was less stressful though!

Help with meeting natives.
Class times were very oddly timed: Italian 9am-12pm and electives from 1-6:45pm.
Better orientation upon arrival.

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience. Experiences are innovative and focused on cultural immersion.

All of the