Wine Marketing in Siena, Italy

Wine Marketing in Siena, Italy

This program will explore the topics of marketing and social media marketing in Siena, Italy, using the wine and tourism industries of Tuscany to illustrate classroom topics. You will take advantage of experiential learning opportunities offered through comparative studies and excursions to locations in and around Siena and the Tuscan region. Experience life as part of an authentic Italian neighborhood, living in apartments with other GEO and/or Italian students throughout the town of Siena.

Faculty Led
European Studies
Global Studies
International Business
Letters of Recommendation
Program fee includes tuition, housing and meals, local transportation, and insurance. Scholarships are available.

Siena Wine Marketing Program

Living in a different country for 6 weeks was way out of my comfort zone, but it was by far the best decision I've ever made. I got to spend my summer learning about wine marketing, social media marketing, and the Italian culture. We would go on weekly excursions with all the members of the program to different wineries across the Tuscany region. At the wineries we would learn about how each winery crafted their wine, imported their products, and marketed their wines locally and globally. After each excursion, we were provided wine and light snacks which bonded our entire program. On the weekends, I got to travel to Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, and Paris! I formed close relationships with many of the members on my program, I gained a lot of professional experience, and an endless amount of memories. I recommend this program to anybody interested in marketing or wine lovers!

I wish I had more time to travel on the weekends because I felt like it was hard to explore when we only had the weekends off.

I had a wonderful time in Siena for six weeks. I visited many wineries and had the opportunity to drink wines and eat delicious Italian food. During the week we could go on excursions to places within the Tuscan area. Our professors were hands on and great people I was able to connect with. On the weekends, we would travel to places such as Rome, Florence, Elba and Positano. We also got the opportunity to take an Italian class to help get around the city. 10/10 Would recommend going on this trip, I grew as a person and loved the city! A wonderful opportunity!

Social Media and Marketing in Siena

The Siena program far exceeded even my highest expectations for studying abroad. I loved being able to go on wine tasting excursions with the whole program and learn about the products we were trying to market to customers through our class. I loved being able to try all of the different wines that Tuscany has to offer and learn what makes types of wines different from one another. I also really loved how easy it was to travel all over Italy from Siena and how much there is to do in Italy. I did travel one weekend to Amsterdam and it was one of the most amazing trips and I was so happy to be able to do it with people on the program. Siena is such an amazing little town and it was so much fun to be able to live there and learn all about the culture.

I think that the only way for this program to be improved would be to give the students a little bit more time to travel on the weekends because it was a bit hard to get our of Italy sometimes.

Wines and Vines

When people ask me how studying abroad was, I always describe it as being in a constant “wow” factor. While traveling, I would see something beautiful like the Trevi Fountain or the Cinque Terre and think it was the most beautiful landmark. But five minutes later, I would turn the corner and find something else that would strike me with it’s beauty. The culture, people, and wine were so rich and held so much beauty that I was constantly in awe. I lived in Siena, Italy for six weeks and it was one of the most humbling and extraordinary experiences. I became friends with my Italian roommates, drank rich tuscan wine, and learned to appreciate life more. I know people say studying abroad is a life changing experience but it truly is and I would not trade it for anything.

About GEO Study Abroad

At Global Education Oregon, we create pathways to international, experiential learning for students, faculty, and university partners. Founded on the belief that international engagement is integral to developing global citizens, we prepare students...