View Other Details
ieiMedia in cooperation with Sapienza University of Rome invites you to join our Summer Institute in Intercultural Communication and Professional Media with a special focus on food, agriculture and culture.
The Cagli Summer Media Institute is a rich cultural immersion experience that starts in the Eternal City of Rome and then moves to the beautiful and historic city of Cagli, Italy in the Apennine Mountain region of Le Marche near the Adriatic Sea. Spend 3 days in Rome and 14 days in Cagli to develop intercultural competencies and enhance communication skills, including interviewing, writing, journaling, blogging, photography and storytelling.
Students will develop essays, blogs, podcasts and photos that capture the joys and nuances of intercultural communication and publish their work on a multimedia website and in a book called "Faces of Cagli."
The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students. Instruction is in English with lessons in conversational Italian.
- Tour Rome from the Vatican and St. Peter's to the Roman Forum and the Coliseum
- Travel to the small town of Cagli, where you'll get to meet local residents and soak up Italian village culture
- Develop leadership skills in working with culturally diverse populations
- Master the technical skills necessary to create a multimedia site and a book with original essays
- Live in apartments with cooking and laundry facilities