• Italy
    • Florence
Term
Academic Year, Fall, Short Term, Spring
Art History Arts Astronomy Communications Cultural Studies Global Studies Mathematics Philosophy

Program Details

Direct Enrollment
Dormitory

Pricing

Verto is committed to making our experiences abroad accessible to students from all backgrounds and we offer grants and scholarships for all locations.

The tuition for a Verto Semester Abroad Experience may be reduced by as much as 72% for qualifying students through Verto’s grants and scholarships.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Classes Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

Accommodation Activities Classes Meals Wifi

What's Not Included
Some Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Meals Travel Insurance Visa
What's Not Included (Extra)

Airfare Domestic Airfare SIM cards Travel Insurance Visa

Sep 08, 2022
Jan 27, 2023
2 travelers are looking at this program

Spend Your First Semester of College in Italy!

Italy’s artistic treasures, culinary traditions, and centuries-old history make Florence the perfect classroom for foodies, fashionistas, artists, and history buffs.

With Verto, you'll:
• Explore Italy's world-famous art, epic food, and jaw-dropping regions
• Earn 12-16 official college credits.
• Take inspiring courses based on hands-on learning and cultural immersion.
• Gain admission and transfer seamlessly to one of our 70+ U.S. partner colleges to finish your degree!

Program Highlights

• Discover the Tuscan countryside, Rome, or Venice on day trips.
  • Drool over fresh pasta and pizza during an Italian cooking class.
  • Enjoy overnight trips to breathtaking regions like the Amalfi Coast.
  • Study Art History while face to face with world-famous artwork.

Verto Opportunity Grant & Verto Scholars Award

The Verto Education Opportunity Grant ($5,000-$14,000) can reduce tuition by as much as 72%. Funding is awarded based on Expected Family Contribution (determined by the FAFSA). Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 to qualify.

The Verto Scholars Award ($5,000) is offered to incoming students based on their high school GPA. Applicants with a GPA of 3.5 or higher will automatically be given a Verto Scholars Award.

$5,000 - $17,000

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
John

Verto was a great experience

Verto Education was a really freeing experience. I went to Italy in fall of 2022 and I had so many opportunities. To start, the school itself is wonderful. The staff is nothing short from amazing, and the classes were high quality. I took advantage of my situation and took my weekends to travel. While I was there I got to see the world. I went all around italy, from Florence (obviously), to Venice, Rome, Lake Como, Pisa, Aosta, Sienna, Naples, the list goes on. I even got to travel to Iceland! We had Fridays off which made this super accessible. You get your own advisor who will always have time for any of your concerns, each advisor has about 30 students (we had a class size of around 250) The academic center was an amazing building only about a 15 minute walk, 5 minute bike ride from my apartment. I still fantasize about the food…

Pros
  • Lots of freedom
  • Friendly and supportive staff
  • High quality classes
Cons
  • Getting Visa is stressful
  • Their student portal website is dated
Sarah

Best experience of my life

Verto education was absolutely amazing. Not only was I able to keep up with my academics, I got an unforgettable experience with it. I absolutely loved all my professors, they really went above and beyond to help me succeed in their classes. With the smaller class sizes you also get to build closer relationships with each of the professors. Socially, it was also amazing. I was able to meet amazing people and even plan trips with them. I loved it so much I decided to do another semester! 10/10 you won’t regret it.

Pros
  • Staying on track academically
  • Verto funded trips and activities
  • Making so many friends
Cons
  • Homesickness
Benjamin Earl

A dad's review about Verto Education

Verto has been the answer to my prayers for a rich immersive cultural experience for our daughter. I have had the privilege to study in different countries so I know from first hand experience of the benefits that come with it. I have always wanted to find similar healthy opportunities for my kids to do so.
Verto has offered this in a safe, supportive, well structured and unique way. As a dad I couldn’t think of a better program to recommend.
Thank you Verto for everything you have all done to make their dreams to travel and experience the world a reality!
Benjamin E. Smith

Pros
  • Cultural immersion
  • Safe
  • Unique
Danielle

Life changing experience

My daughter participated in the Verto Program in Italy and I can say without a doubt that it was a life changing experience for her and for us! She had a chance to “leave the nest” in a safe environment and experience “adulting” away from home but with all the support necessary to succeed. Cooking, making financial decisions, dealing with setbacks and problem solving, traveling and experiencing a new culture. She’s a new person and is ready for more! She will spend the next semester with Verto in Spain!

Pros
  • Build independence
  • Experience new cultures
  • Meet new people
Cons
  • Cost
Leilani

A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE!

Are you thinking about studying abroad but not sure which program to choose? Stop right here and sign up for Verto Education!! Verto not only provides students a safe, cost-effective, reliable study abroad experience, it also gives students the ability to earn college credits to transfer to their University of choice! It is the perfect route for someone who wants to kickstart their transition into college life. Verto provides amazing housing, comprehensive academic curriculums, and plenty of fun excursions (paid for by the program!!!) This is an opportunity you do NOT want to miss out on. The community Verto fosters as well is incredible. There is an amazing sense of comradery, respect, and compassion created within the students, professors, and staff. Speaking as a current student in Florence, Italy, this is a once in a lifetime experience. I cannot imagine not choosing to attend Verto for my first semester of college!

Pros
  • Affordable tuition
  • Paid Housing Included
  • Comprehensive Curriculums (Earn College Credits)