SAI Programs :: Study Abroad at Sant'Anna in Sorrento, Italy

SAI Programs :: Study Abroad at Sant'Anna in Sorrento, Italy

The Sant'Anna Institute is located near the center of Sorrento and is extremely close to the Amalfi coast. With attractions like Pompeii and Caprii close by, Sorrento makes for a great destination to study abroad. Students choose from a range of courses, including: Italian language, Business, Art History, and Mediterranean Culture.

Sign up for a semester or summer term and stay in a home-stay or shared apartment while you explore all that this coastal Italian destination has to offer. Check out SAI's website for much more information on studying in Sorrento!

Europe » Italy

Katrina
Lynn, MA
Fitchburg State University

Best Four Months of My Life

The opportunities available at Sant'Anna Institute are unlike anything else in the world. The courses offered are so unique, the amount of internships you can apply for are mind-blowing, and the beauty of Sorrento is unforgettable.
There are courses available for almost every area of study, and many courses include educational and fun trips to a surrounding city or less-known area of Sorrento.
Sorrento, and SAI in general, are unique because of their extensive internship options. You can intern at Sant'Anna, a restaurant, a tourism company. a local sustainability organization, and many more. The internships and classes both cover a large range of interests and skills.
It is true that you could spend an entire semester exploring and traveling only within Italy. Whatever the case may be, Sorrento is a stop on the list for very good reasons. One of the most obvious is the Amalfi Coast being within in sight at almost all times. Slightly less well known are the hikes with amazing views, and hidden beaches and ruins that are the best spots to watch the sunset from. Mount Vesuvius becomes a familiar face in the morning, and an equal after you conquer the climb (which I highly suggest).
Sorrento has my heart and I cannot wait to return.

Brooke
Columbia, SC
University of South Carolina- Columbia

Study Abroad in Beautiful Sorrento, Italy

Studying abroad at Sant'Anna Institute in Sorrento, Italy was the best experience in my life, thus far. There is nothing like Southern Italy, Sorrento in particular. I was extremely blessed to study abroad here and I believe it would be a good fit for a variety of students. There are world renowned hiking trails, cute boutiques and fantastic restaurants.

Kelsie
Columbia, South Carolina
University of South Carolina- Columbia

The summer that solidified my dreams

This past summer I interned and studied at Sant'Anna Institute through SAI. I had studied abroad in Italy two other times with SAI but decided that I wanted something different than my previous semester in beautiful but "touristy" Florence. When I found they had a program at Sant'Anna Institute in Sorrento I knew that was where I was going to spend my summer. I had previously had jobs in international education (one being an internship at the SAI California office) so I applied to be the marketing intern at Sant'Anna and see how international education is handled abroad.

I spent the summer falling more in love with international education and even more in love with Italy. In between work and class I was able to walk down to Marina Grande and lay on the beach with Mt. Vesuvius in the distance. I was surrounded by beauty all the time whether it was in the gorgeous school building with an incredible view of the Bay of Naples, whether I was walking home from class or school, or whether I was taking the train, bus or a boat to a nearby town, the beauty never stopped.

The other times I studied abroad I spent the weekends traveling to other countries and cities, but this summer was different. There is so many places in the Amalfi Coast and Naples area that I didn't need to leave. There was so much to do in that area that after spending over 90 days there, I still hadn't seen it all.

I've been back for about two months now and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Sorrento. I miss my friends there, the people I worked with, my teachers, the food, the beach, the list could continue on forever...

I know that I will be back next summer and every summer following that. Sorrento is now another home away from home and I am counting down the days until I can return. I want to thank SAI and Sant'Anna for solifidying my dreams of working with international education and Italy in particular and I cannot wait to come back and visit !!

The only thing I might change was the amount of girls I lived with. 5 girls in one apartment was a lot but this was my third time going through SAI and I have loved every single program that I went on through them and truly believe they are one of the best, if not THE best, program providers out there.

With headquarters located just north of San Francisco, SAI Programs was founded in 1995 to serve as the US admissions office for an Italian art institute in Florence. Since that time, SAI has expanded into a full-service international education organization, working with partner schools throughout