SAI Study Abroad at Sant'Anna Institute in Sorrento, Italy

SAI Programs at the Sant'Anna Institute, Sorrento
SAI Programs at the Sant'Anna Institute, Sorrento
Mediterranean culture and Italian language in Sorrento
Mediterranean culture and Italian language in Sorrento

SAI has partnered with Sant'Anna Institute (SA) to offer semester and summer programs in Sorrento on Italy's stunning Amalfi coast. Sant’Anna Institute is housed in an historic former convent and school in the old center of Sorrento, just steps from the sea. At SA, visiting semester and summer students can enroll in courses focused on language, art, archaeology, literature, social studies, business, natural sciences and liberal arts, while incorporating language development and cultural immersion inside and outside the classroom. The small and intimate nature of the SA program allows students to fully immerse themselves in Italian life and culture while building lasting relationships with their fellow students. Students wishing to broaden their studies can take part in the many internships offered, while those wanting to give back to their community can get involved in the volunteer program.

• Courses with a focus on the Mediterranean region of Italy.
  • Family homestay or apartment housing available.
  • Course highlight: "Archeology, Cities of Fire."
  • Enjoy SAI's 360° Services

Brittney

Summer 2019 in Sorrento!

I loved studying abroad with SAI Programs! They made the the process fun, exciting, and everything was very organized. I was sent packets and emails with a lot of information about the pre-departure process and I saved it in a folder and checked things off the list. Everyone in SAI is so kind and willing to help and answer any questions I had. I would do it all again if I could! Except maybe I would choose a longer program because 5 weeks flew by and I loved every minute of it. Sant'Anna Institute in Sorrento was also a fabulous school and resource during my time abroad! Everyone was so kind and willing to help and answer any questions. My professor was from Naples and she spoke English, and was very sweet. Class work was not overwhelming and very manageable. Several class days we toured around Sorrento. I loved my time abroad!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I could do this experience again, I would study abroad in multiple cities! I definitely think if you have the time and resources you should consider studying in 2 locations. I loved my time in Sorrento and was able to do a lot of travel throughout Italy, like visiting Florence for the weekend, but I would have loved to stay longer!
Katrina

Best Four Months of My Life

The opportunities available at Sant'Anna Institute are unlike anything else in the world. The courses offered are so unique, the amount of internships you can apply for are mind-blowing, and the beauty of Sorrento is unforgettable.
There are courses available for almost every area of study, and many courses include educational and fun trips to a surrounding city or less-known area of Sorrento.
Sorrento, and SAI in general, are unique because of their extensive internship options. You can intern at Sant'Anna, a restaurant, a tourism company. a local sustainability organization, and many more. The internships and classes both cover a large range of interests and skills.
It is true that you could spend an entire semester exploring and traveling only within Italy. Whatever the case may be, Sorrento is a stop on the list for very good reasons. One of the most obvious is the Amalfi Coast being within in sight at almost all times. Slightly less well known are the hikes with amazing views, and hidden beaches and ruins that are the best spots to watch the sunset from. Mount Vesuvius becomes a familiar face in the morning, and an equal after you conquer the climb (which I highly suggest).
Sorrento has my heart and I cannot wait to return.

Brooke

Study Abroad in Beautiful Sorrento, Italy

Studying abroad at Sant'Anna Institute in Sorrento, Italy was the best experience in my life, thus far. There is nothing like Southern Italy, Sorrento in particular. I was extremely blessed to study abroad here and I believe it would be a good fit for a variety of students. There are world renowned hiking trails, cute boutiques and fantastic restaurants.

Kelsie

The summer that solidified my dreams

This past summer I interned and studied at Sant'Anna Institute through SAI. I had studied abroad in Italy two other times with SAI but decided that I wanted something different than my previous semester in beautiful but "touristy" Florence. When I found they had a program at Sant'Anna Institute in Sorrento I knew that was where I was going to spend my summer. I had previously had jobs in international education (one being an internship at the SAI California office) so I applied to be the marketing intern at Sant'Anna and see how international education is handled abroad.

I spent the summer falling more in love with international education and even more in love with Italy. In between work and class I was able to walk down to Marina Grande and lay on the beach with Mt. Vesuvius in the distance. I was surrounded by beauty all the time whether it was in the gorgeous school building with an incredible view of the Bay of Naples, whether I was walking home from class or school, or whether I was taking the train, bus or a boat to a nearby town, the beauty never stopped.

The other times I studied abroad I spent the weekends traveling to other countries and cities, but this summer was different. There is so many places in the Amalfi Coast and Naples area that I didn't need to leave. There was so much to do in that area that after spending over 90 days there, I still hadn't seen it all.

I've been back for about two months now and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Sorrento. I miss my friends there, the people I worked with, my teachers, the food, the beach, the list could continue on forever...

I know that I will be back next summer and every summer following that. Sorrento is now another home away from home and I am counting down the days until I can return. I want to thank SAI and Sant'Anna for solifidying my dreams of working with international education and Italy in particular and I cannot wait to come back and visit !!

The only thing I might change was the amount of girls I lived with. 5 girls in one apartment was a lot but this was my third time going through SAI and I have loved every single program that I went on through them and truly believe they are one of the best, if not THE best, program providers out there.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About SAI Programs

Since 1995, SAI has provided students with exceptional cultural and educational experiences abroad, offering the opportunity to enroll in some of the finest schools available to English speaking students in Europe. SAI is dedicated to providing...