Visiting mystical shrines, taking part in a traditional tea ceremony, learning the ancient art of calligraphy, trying on a kimono or simply immersing yourself in Zen Meditation: Japan has a very unique and rich culture and choices are plenty!
You will have 20 Japanese classes per week, plus 6 classes of Traditional Culture. Depending on the season when you visit Japan, the programs and cultural event can vary greatly. In early spring when the cherry trees are in full blossom, we take part in Hanami, in winter, we will visit the beautiful shrines up in the mountains. Go on excursions and explore topics such as Japanese Martial Arts, Origami, Ikebana, local festivals and so much more!
After class, you will have time to join various social events and explore the sunny port city of Fukuoka! Fukuoka is the perfect place to study Japanese as you experience the Japanese way of life alongside your new friends. Meiji Academy and Fukuoka are your gateways into Japan - Adventure awaits!
- Immerse yourself in traditional Japanese culture
- Learn Japanese in small fully-customizable classes and take private lessons from dedicated teachers
- Experience the Japanese way of life, choosing between a Japanese host family, an international share house, or your own apartment
- Find new friends from all over the world and discover everything Fukuoka has to offer
- Take part in social events and day trips all over Kyushu, the Southern island of Japan