The University of New England's Campus in Tangier, Morocco

The University of New England's Campus in Tangier, Morocco

UNE's campus in Tangier, Morocco offers a variety of English-language courses in the sciences, humanities, business and the arts, as well as language study in Arabic. Because we provide the lab science courses needed to complete a variety of undergraduate programs in the health sciences, you can gain global experience without experiencing any delay in your curriculum.

There is no better place for UNE to be than in the world-renowned Moroccan city of Tangier. This glimmering "white city" has been home to an international contingent of painters and writers and is now one of the major economic and cultural hubs of the region.

Our campus features modern state-of-the-art labs, classrooms and accommodations, all on a beautiful site that evokes Morocco’s traditional architectural style. You enjoy meals in an elegant café and workouts in an onsite fitness room, along with access to a swimming pool our very own UNE full-court basketball and volleyball court.

Africa » Morocco » Tangier
Natural Sciences
Physics
Service Learning
Arabic
The cost includes all tuition plus:
* Airport reception
* Housing, meals (3 per day) and laundry
* Support from onsite UNE faculty and staff
* On-campus extracurricular activities, workout facilities and use of swimming pool
* Cultural activities, local field trips and excursions (including a weekend trip to Spain!)
* Onsite orientation program
* Travel Medical Insurance

Merit scholarships are available for the semester based on GPA as follows:
GPA of 2.49 and below - $1,500
GPA between 2.75 and 2.99 - $2,500
GPA between 3.0 and 3.49 - $4,500
GPA above 3.5 - $5,500

Paxton
Mechanic Falls

Tangier, Morocco: UNE Campus

Going to Tangier was the best decision of my life. It brought me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to meet people I never would have otherwise. The group excursions to Rabat, Marrakesh, Tetouan, Chefchaouen, and Sevilla only brought our group closer and enhanced our cultural experience. However, staying right in Tangier was an adventure in itself. There were always people to see, cafes and views to enjoy, or local events going on in the city (the soccer games are awesome!). Don't hesitate to apply and take advantage of this amazing program. The staff and campus are wonderful and so are the locals of Morocco!

Provide a better variety of classes for students.

Maggie
BIddeford, Maine

Amazing experience

Although it's been 2 years since I was abroad in Morocco, I still benefit from the experience now. Everything about the program is fantastic- I was able to utilize the beautiful campus and great academic program, as well as experience the amazing culture for barely any cost. Living on the UNE campus allowed me to make life long friends, explore Tangier, and also experience different cities and countries during excursions included with the program.

During my semester, I visited 5 different moroccan cities and traveled to Spain as excursions included with the cost, and was able to plan my own trips to different countries during the weekends and over breaks. However, I learned that Tangier is an amazing city in itself- the city is rich in diversity, has a vibrant nightlife, and is really just a lot of fun!

Even now, I still benefit from participating in this program. Having been abroad for 4 months, I feel much more comfortable traveling and interacting in new places. Doing a semester abroad also looks great on a resume- as a graduating senior, I even have a job lined up abroad thanks to this program!

The only thing I wish I had during this program would be more help with academics- tutoring resources and things like that. Since then, however, this has become available!

John
Biddeford, Maine

Best Experience Ever

By far the best thing I have ever done in my entire life. I am so happy to have had the chance to study abroad in Morocco and find my self constantly wishing I was back abroad. Not only did I receive an amazing education while abroad but I also had the chance to immerse myself in Muslim culture, make friends with the locals and travel to France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Germany and London on the weekends. I would recommend this program to anyone who is looking for something fun to do during their time in college. Anyone who doesn't do this is missing out.

Don't really have any complaints about the program. Food was a bit of an adjustment but that's because we were in a different country and soon found myself loving it and up to trying new things. The only real issue I found was some minor lacks in communication between the staff on campus in terms of planning group trips but all issues were minor things with quick fixes.

The mission of the Global Education Program is to foster global citizenship by providing the opportunity for all students to study abroad. Our program offers English-language courses in the sciences, humanities, business and the arts, as well as language study in Arabic, Spanish or French.