Psychology & Neuroscience in Europe

Psychology & Neuroscience in Europe

Maastricht, the Netherlands, forms a unique environment for studying psychology and neuroscience. Maastricht University specialises in cognitive and biological psychology and its unique research infrastructure enables ground-breaking study of the brain and behaviour. It is home to a European Centre of Excellence that combines state-of-the art technology (three MRI scanners of 9.4, 7 and 3 Tesla) with clinical know-how, access to patients and expert post-acquisition processing of data. Compare the scientific research methods of the Netherlands to those of your home country. Follow courses and seminars taught by leading experts.

Europe » Netherlands

INCLUDED COSTS:
4-day European Study Trip
2-day Get to know the Netherlands cultural weekend
2-day Euregional field trip
Airport pick up & drop off
Extensive introduction programme
On-site support throughout the programme
Library and IT services
Transcripts
Disability Management
24/7 Emergency assistance

Brooke
Los Angeles, California
University of Southern California

Maastricht Mania

I've had a great time in the PBL style at UM because I've been able to get to know my classmates really well. It's a unique experience that brings together many different views to create a full picture and encourage learning more than just what's on the agenda for the day. The classes are not easy, but you really gain the knowledge because you work with it so much.

The staff has been great and they really engage with each student. From the very start, Maureen has helped me immensely and I love seeing her at programs and being able to catch up with her.

The people I've met have made this the most incredible experience I ever could have asked for. My roommate had a bad experience and didn't connect with the people at all, so I was very nervous coming into a program in a city I'd never previously heard of. Now Maastricht feels like home and I feel a bitter sweetness because I don't want to leave but I'm also so grateful to have been here.

Maastricht is a beautiful city and I'm so happy to have chosen it! It makes a great home base and while the weather is not something I'm used to, I still love it. There is so much history and culture and the celebrations are incredible. Maastricht has everything from shopping to gorgeous views to cozy cafes for studying. I'm so sad to have to leave but I hope one day I can come back!

Shiori
Cleveland, Ohio
Case Western Reserve University

Unforgettable experience!

I got to pursue my academic passions in and international setting at UM! Organisational psychology is something I'm interested in and it has been fun to be able to explore that.

The CES staff are probably the most approachable group of people ever. From the very beginning, I felt comfortable around them and helped make Maastricht feel like home.

Everything feels like the most amazing dream. Seeing the world and meeting new people and going on adventures is something I'll never forget. Definetly will recommend to everyone i know!

Molly
Stratham, New Hampshire

A CEStastic Review!

This has been an experience that has opened my eyes and mind to a different side of my academic study and allowed me to become more aware of what I may want to do as a career. The Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience offers a wonderful variety of courses that are both interesting and challenging.

The CES staff are a friendly and welcoming group that has been so helpful. They are a great resource to have in a foreign place and have made my experience abroad go very smoothly.

My study abroad experience has in more ways than one, helped me grow as an individual, and given me the confidence that I previously lacked. It has been been invaluable experience.

Michaele
San Diego
University of Denver

Hashtag CEStastic

The psych program was a new perspective on topics that I’ve been studying for years, offering applicable skills and seeing everything through new eyes. It gave me an experience that I couldn’t find at my home university and, not only did I learn about psychology, I also learned about myself and those around me. Coming into a completely new environment, unaware of what lies ahead, its really important to have a support system that you know will help you through the adjustment period. The CES staff is always available to help and it seems like they really enjoy interacting with students and making everyone else’s lives easier. I expected to love my study abroad experience but I didn’t expect to have so many cliché moments where I stepped back and thought to myself “wow, I’m actually here and this is actually my life”. Apparently Europe has made me a real softy.

Isabella
Atlanta
Brandeis University

GO ABROAD TO MAASTRICHT!!

Studying abroad is an incredible experience where you gain a global perspective by traveling to different countries almost every weekend, creating amazing friendships that will last a lifetime, and gaining an independence that you can’t get from other experiences. The learning style of Maastricht University, problem based learning, is an awesome way to get to know Maastricht and it forces you out of your comfort zone to meet others in your class, and to become more involved in your readings. Your CES coordinators are there to help you if you get lost at any point, or if you just need a bit of support. They are super friendly people who are great at giving insight into classes as well as giving ideas about travel or where to eat.

Maastricht University (UM), the most international university in the Netherlands, stands out for its innovative approach to learning and international outlook. With almost 16,000 students and 4,000 staff, UM offers a wide choice of academic programmes, all of which are designed to bring out the