View Other Details
Online access to wildlife and conservation experts, weekly courses and webinars, Q&As and assignments, FGASA registration, examination and moderator fees, 16 core FGASA modules, additional field guiding modules, Bushwise online certificates, Nature Guide manual, additional workbooks.
If you’re interested in African wildlife but unable to travel, you can start your safari guiding or ecotourism career from the comfort of your home. Without interrupting your normal life, in just 10 hours a week for 12 weeks, you’ll gain valuable knowledge about wildlife, conservation and field guiding. At the end of 12 weeks you can write the FGASA NQF2 (Apprentice Field Guide) theory exam. You’ll be well on your way to a wildlife career!
This course covers the essential Field Guides Association of Southern Africa (FGASA) modules and goes beyond to give you a well-rounded foundation for your safari guiding career. These sessions include lectures from industry leaders in conservation and safari guiding, who will give you expert insight into real-life situations you might encounter.
Our online learning platform also allows you to work and interact with like-minded students from all over the world. Ready to start your professional field guiding career?
- Learn through the discussion of real-world case studies, which ground the theory in the practical application of field guiding.
- Gain knowledge of fauna and flora, including endangered species, and understand animal behavior, including the Big 5.
- Grow your skills with additional knowledge on radio procedures, rifle handling and viewing potentially dangerous animals (Level 2 theory).
- Understand what it means to conduct a guided safari and offer guests an unforgettable experience.
- Learn valuable leadership and people management skills and enjoy a highly supportive, interactive learning experience.