Customized study abroad experience in Lima, Peru!

EdOdyssey's study abroad program in Lima, Peru is especially for undergraduate and gap year students. The programs includes pre-departure preparation, month-long orientation program, intensive Spanish language course, three excursions, monthly cultural activities, and more.

We customize the experience just for you. Students choose a semester, full year or summer term. Then, based on your interests and preferences we match you with a compatible host family, help place you in an internship or volunteer experience and have a local team to advise and support you 24/7.

Peru is the most ecologically diverse country in the world with 84 of the 103 existing ecosystems. Lima is an amazing city (even bigger than New York) that is affordable, diverse and offers something for everyone. It really is the perfect place to break out and become a global citizen!

Please visit our website for more details and to begin your application. Have questions? Contact us at any time!

• Guaranteed internship or service project
  • Local advisors and support staff
  • Three free excursions - including Machu Picchu!
  • Comprehensive, month-long culture orientation and intensive language program
  • Great, hand-matched homestay family

Margaret

A Beautiful 5 Months in Perú

I am so glad that I decided of all the places in the world to study in Lima, Perú. The trips were amazing and eye-opening, always finding the niches in every place that weren't so discovered by travelers and foreigners, all thanks to the staff at EdOdyssey, who have lived there their whole lives. For example, in El Carmen, Chincha, we went to the house of the famed Ballumbrosio family to learn about Afro-Peruvian music and dancing, a mix between the West African culture that came to Peru during the period of slavery and the criollo music in Latin America. It was such a warming and genuine experience, learning how to dance and listen and watch them play the cajón and all the other instruments passed down through the generations. I loved it when we were on a trip, seeing all the sights and going where one "must" go as a tourist, but also would make stops like these to just -be- in a certain community for a few hours and spend time with the people there. I can't imagine that would have been possible without EdOdyssey. Aside from incredible traveling experience, I always felt the the team at EdOdyssey was ready to help me if I ever needed anything, big or small. I think it was great to feel like you were part of a little community of students studying abroad and the staff there, while you're trying to find your place in a culture that is not at all your own. There were many challenges dispersed along the way, but it was all worth it because I know that I have grown up a lot since I first got there in July. Now I am studying abroad somewhere else, and I have this set of tools I picked up in Peru to deal with whatever life throws at me, and more importantly, I feel more ready than ever to conquer whatever challenge, and explore whatever place. Thank you EdOdyssey for giving me essential tips about how to live in Lima, constant support, and for showing me around such an inspiring country! I'll never forget it.

Mattie

A fully immersive experience in Lima, Peru

Completing a study abroad program in Peru has been one of the most transformative and meaningful experiences of my life. Having a program like EdOdyssey to provide orientation to the region, Spanish language classes, homestay families, excursions around Peru and supportive staff to guide us along our journeys and experiences in Peru made a huge difference and allowed us to understand Peru in a significant way and get to know many people who are local to Lima and other places in Peru. All of the staff know the country very well and are great to work with and have as leaders. They helped us pick classes at the university and helped us to create our personal projects to better immerse us in Lima and focus on a topic of interest for us to further investigate. I have so many positive memories of Peru and I feel as though EdOdyssey helped me to take full advantage of the opportunities I had while living in Lima.

About EdOdyssey

EdOdyssey offer an (amazing) semester and full year study abroad program in Lima, Peru for undergraduate students. We also custom designs the best student immersion in Peru, China, Spain, and the USA for grade 6-12 students.

What makes EdOdyssey...