Spend a semester or academic year in St. Petersburg with AIFS. Earn up to 18 credits studying at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University. Courses are taught in English or Russian. No previous Russian language study is required.
The Russian Language and Liberal Arts Program focuses on enhancing your skills in the Russian language while taking elective courses in English. Volunteer opportunities are also available to support a variety of interests.
Live in a homestay or a student residence hall. During the first month, all students live in the residence hall.
Enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
• City tours
• Visits to museums and cultural sites
• Boat trip along the canals
• Classical music, opera and ballet performances
• 3-day trip to Moscow
• Day trips to Catherine Palace, Peterhof, Veliky Novgorod and Pavlosk.
An optional 4-day excursion Helsinki, Finland and Tallinn, Estonia is offered.
- Earn up to 18 credits and transcript issued by Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
- 3-day trip to Moscow
- Siege of Leningrad tour
- No previous Russian language study required
- Day trips to Catherine Palace at Pushkin, Peterhof, Veliky Novgorod and Pavlovsk