Students have five programs to choose from at the University of Cape Town: Engineering & Computer Science; Humanities, Social Sciences & Psychology; Business & Economics; Sciences & the Environment; and Identity, Politics, & History of South Africa. Each program includes 1-2 core courses, a regional course, and 1-3 electives. Students have the option of registering for up to three social groups on the UCT campus and joining one of the university’s sports clubs. UCT hosts over a hundred social groups dedicated to a variety of activities, religions, beliefs, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
CEA provides students with ample opportunity to experience the best of Cape Town and South Africa through complementary cultural activities and excursions to important sites such as Robben Island and !Kwa Ttu San Village.
CEA makes sure your housing, health, safety, social engagement, and other needs are taken care of. Giving you the best possible study abroad experience is our top priority.
- Learn more about your academic areas of interest at the highest-ranking university in Africa
- Develop cross-cultural intelligence and sensitivity through interacting with Cape Town’s highly
- Experience African wildlife up close and beautiful natural landscapes in your spare time
- Study abroad in the South African capital to experience one of the world’s richest and most interesting cultures
- Visit Robben Island and the Nelson Mandela Capture Site to learn about South Africa’s history of apartheid
CEA Scholarships and Financial Aid
Studying abroad will change your life, improve your employability, and enhance your global competence. That's why we commit more than $2.0 million each year to our financial and scholarship programs.