Spend a semester or academic year in Granada, Spain with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester through a variety of courses at the University of Granada. Courses are taught in English or in Spanish, depending on the program.
Volunteer opportunities are available to all students in a variety of areas. At the end of the semester, you will receive a certificate for participating.
Live in a Spanish homestay, in an apartment or, for an additional fee, in a student residence. Homestay students receive 3 meals per day, and residence students receive 3 meals per day Monday through Saturday. Apartment students will receive a meal allowance.
Enjoy activities such as:
• Visits to the Albaicín and the Cathedral of Granada
• Hiking in the Sierra Nevada mountains
• 3-day trip to Gibraltar, Seville and Córdoba
• Day trips to Nerja, Ronda (spring only) and La Alpujarra (fall only).
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Madrid and Toledo and a 3-day trip to Morocco
- 3-day excursion to Gibraltar, Seville and Córdoba
- Day trip to Nerja, Ronda (Spring only) and La Alpujarra (Fall only)
- Earn up to 15 credits and transcript issued by the University of Granada
- No previous Spanish language study required for the Spanish Language and Culture Program
- Internship and volunteer opportunities
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support
We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.