Spend a semester or academic year in Barcelona, Spain with AIFS. You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester while studying at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Courses are taught in English or Spanish with no previous Spanish language study required.
Volunteer opportunities are available through local NGOs to provide services to people in need within the local community.
Live in a Spanish homestay or, for an additional fee, in a student residence or apartment. Homestay students receive daily breakfast and dinner from the family. Apartment and student residence students will receive a meal allowance.
Cultural and social activities include:
• Guided tours
• Cooking classes
• Flamenco performances
• Tapas evenings with Spanish students
• 3-day excursion to the Pyrenees
• Day trips to Girona and Besalú, Figueras and the Salvador Dalí Museum and Montserrat and Sitges.
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Seville and Granada and a 3-day trip to Morocco.
- 3-day excursion to the Pyrenees
- Day trips to Gerona and Besalú, Figueras and the Salvador Dalí Museum and Montserrat and Sitges
- Earn up to 15 credits and transcript issued by the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB)
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Volunteer opportunities available
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support
We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.