CIEE Liberal Arts in Palma de Mallorca, Spain

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from CIEE.

The beautiful Mediterranean island of Palma de Mallorca is the perfect setting to further develop your advanced-level Spanish skills, and pursue your varied interests in business, the humanities, and social sciences.

Through daily interactions in Palma’s business and social environment; direct enrollment at Universitat de les Illes Balears, homestays, an internship, cultural excursions, and conversation exchanges, study abroad in Palma offers you an exciting and uniquely immersive intercultural experience.

Study abroad in Palma and you you will:

- Choose from a wide range of courses including business and tourism, Spanish language, literature, and cinema, anthropology, and psychology; study alongside Spanish and other international students in a small group atmosphere

- Experience Spanish culture through extensive cultural activities and excursions in and around Palma to historical and natural sites of Mallorca

Erinn Rogowski
Erinn

Palma is a dream come true!

Palma was everything I could have hoped for in my study abroad expereince. The city itself is filled with energy, and the people are friendly and inviting. I loved Palma because it allowed me to live in a city, but also escape to the many beautiful and unique pueblos around the island. Mallorca has many beautiful beaches, incredible hiking trails in the mountains, and so much more. It is my home away from home!

There was nothing to improve. The CIEE team worked with me every step of the way. I always felt like I was supported and cared for. I would suggest working out classes a little differently to provide more lenience for traveling, but that is a minor detail. The program really made my study abroad experience even better.
Karah

Study Abroad 2013-2014

My time in Palma de Mallorca was incredible. I only planned on staying one semester, but that quickly changed. Within the first month, I switched my CIEE semester stay to a year long stay. Living with my host family gave me the challenge and confidence to excel in both my Spanish and university classes as well as my social life. Something about Mallorca always stays with you - that's why I'm currently living here. After my study abroad year, I returned to the States, graduated, and then moved to Madrid. After one year in Madrid, I realized it was time to move back to my second home: Palma. Overall, it's beautiful place to live with diverse people, breathtaking scenery, and great night life!

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...