Arcadia in Barcelona

Explore the beautiful and cosmopolitan city of Barcelona, and learn about globalization from a European perspective. In addition to Arcadia’s cornerstone course that will introduce you to the vibrant culture and distinct identity of this magnetic mediterranean city, you will choose four elective courses offered at either the Arcadia Barcelona Center and/or the University Pompeu Fabra (UPF).

Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Excursions may include: a guided exploration of Alhambra, discover Morocco, and discover Dali, his work and the landscape that inspired him.

Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories. With Arcadia, you can: Enjoy academic success, explore a new world, get to know yourself, rely on us for support, and boost your resume.

Profile Picture
Meghan

Barcelona

By far the best decision I have made is studying abroad in Barcelona. The Arcadia Staff made sure the experience was extraordinary, fun and insightful for all of the students. Everyone got along so well and we became a family within the span of 4 months. Words do not do it justice. Useful tips: Hang onto your phone tight at clubs or it will get stolen. The fixed rate for the taxi is about 2 euros. Elisabets has amazing cheap tapas. Pregame at D-9 for cheap cheap drinks, the best club is Razzmatazz; it's expensive but worth it.

Let the students have more free time to travel on the weekends. Do the embedded excursions during the school week and afternoons so that students have time to achieve their personal travel goals.
Mauro

Esdeveniments a Barcelona

I enjoyed that this program only held classes from Monday through Thursday and it allowed for us to travel to other places during the weekends. The staff was particularly helpful with any issue I had and it helped reassure throughout the semester that I made the right decision. The extra-curricular activities they offer bolster the reputation the program has and it was enough to provide an outlet for my extra energy outside the classroom setting. Do not hesitate twice on selecting this program if you want to have an eventful study abroad experience in Barcelona!

The program would be ideal if it could last a little longer. I felt that the semester ended far too early and could be extended by 2 or 3 more weeks.
Lauren

Best Decision I Ever Made

Going abroad with Arcadia University in Barcelona was an incredible experience that I would 100% recommend to anyone considering going overseas. Barcelona is a beautiful city, but it was the staff and the people I met through my program that really made my experience so special. Arcadia offers a smaller, more intimate approach to study abroad. I was not just one of 200 kids studying at the university. Since it was a group of 30 students everyone created a unique bond and was extremely supportive of one another. I met some of the best friends of my life through this program. The academics were great and really incorporated doing more learning outside the classroom, and got us into the city a lot to learn more about the city's culture and history. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

The only criticism I have for this program is being more transparent about the embedded excursions that are required on the weekends for classes. Although, the excursions were incredible if I had know I would have been able to plan my travels better ahead of time.
David

David Sanchez Arcadia in Barcelona

Well, I was taken by surprise when I arrived in Barcelona and found the region to be so different from what I had expected. They spoke a different language, had different cultures, and didn't consider themselves Spanish at all. At first this made me nervous and a bit irritated but I leaned to love the culture and language when I started to take the history and language class at Arcadia. My landlord was extremely nice and helpful. My roommates were very nice, my classmates became my very good friends and I met some amazing people. Everything was great, only thing is that I wish they would've offered a more advanced Spanish course.

What I would change is the level of Spanish offered at the Arcadia institute in Barcelona. They need to accommodate for the Spanish speaker so they can continue to develop their language.

About Arcadia University Study Abroad

Students from colleges and universities throughout the U.S. study abroad with Arcadia University through The College of Global Studies, the first college of its kind in the U.S. With over 130 programs in 12 countries, we offer a wide range of...