Athena Study Abroad: CLIC in Seville, Spain

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Athena Study Abroad.

Athena Study Abroad offers this exciting program, in Seville, Spain at Centro de Lenguas e Intercambio Cultural (CLIC). Though CLIC is a great option for learning the Spanish language, there are classes offered in English through an agreement with the University of Seville. Home-stays are encouraged for those looking for a comfortable family and home cooked meals, not to mention a great environment to practice your developing Spanish language skills!

Seville is at the heart of the history, artistry, and culture of Spain. This city bursts with life and offers many opportunities to students to become immersed in the surrounding culture, both through classes and personal experience. As if this vibrant city isn't enough, Athena offers other travel opportunities with the cost of the program, including Zahara Beach, Granada, and Morocco!

• Ready to explore Seville? From visiting the sets of scenes from Game of Thrones to visiting the tomb of Christopher Colombus, there's so much to see and do!
  • Visit stunning destinations like Zahara Beach, Granada (semester only), the Flamenco Museum, Jerez de la Frontera, and Morocco.
  • Witness the cultural heritage of Seville, the capital of Andalusia region famous as the artistic, cultural, and financial capital of southern Spain.
  • Music is an important part of the Spanish culture- join in! Attend music or dance class during the day and then catch a Flamenco show at night!
  • Enjoy everything that Seville has to offer, with the city offering a wonderful mix of trademark Spanish vitality and a mellow Mediterranean vibe!

Allison

Study Abroad- Greatest Experince Ever!

Classes were held Monday though Friday, from 9:20 to 1:00, with a 25 minute break. Classes were conducted entirely in Spanish, and it was strongly encouraged for students to speak to one another in Spanish. This sounds a bit scary at first, but helps you to learn the language faster and better. My host family was wonderful, and provided me with 2 meals a day (breakfast and lunch) and then dinner I would have on my own. This program allowed me to improve my Spanish in the classroom, and then utilize it after class on that street while exploring the city. this program also allowed me to be very independent and do what I want in my free time, but also was there if I needed help or support.

I don't know if I would really change anything, except for maybe my first day at school hen I was unsure as to what was going on and no one spoke to me in English. The people were very helpful though, and I quickly figured out where to go for my placement test and classes.