• Spain
    • Seville
Term
Academic Year, Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter
Advertising Anthropology Archaeology Art History Biology Business Communications Cultural Studies Digital Media Economics Film Gender Studies Health Sciences History Hospitality International Business International Relations Journalism Kinesiology Liberal Arts Linguistics Literature Marketing Media Relations Museum Studies Photography Political Science Psychology Public Relations Social Sciences Sociology Sports Science Tourism +23

Program Details

High School Diploma Associates Bachelors
Apartment Dormitory Host Family

Pricing

Included: Personalized Pre-departure Advising; Tuition & Registration; Travel Medical Insurance; On-site Orientation; Housing; Volunteer Opportunities; On-site Staff Support; Excursions and Cultural Engagement; Host Institution Services & Amenities and more. Scholarships available.
What's Included
Some Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers
Feb 15, 2022
Nov 10, 2022
100 travelers are looking at this program

Study or intern in the heart of Al-Andalus culture: Seville. This small city offers a down-to-earth lifestyle and a relaxed atmosphere that allows you to dive into Andalusian culture and still have time to focus on your academic and professional goals in style.

Increase your global competence with a quarter, semester, or academic year spent in Seville! CEA has a broad range of courses available at partner universities: Pablo de Olavide, University of Seville and EUSA University Center; or at the CEA Seville Center, located near the Giralda of Seville Cathedral and the walls of the Moorish Alcazar.

In addition to study abroad, the CEA Internships Abroad program offers personalized internship placements that give students hands-on, practical experience in a career field of their choosing.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s possible!

Program Highlights

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions

CEA Scholarships

CEA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Studying abroad will change your life, improve your employability, and enhance your global competence. That's why we commit more than $2.0 million each year to our financial and scholarship programs.

$400 - $3,000

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Jared

Incredible city, Incredible program!

I lived in a host family's apartment in Los Remedios. This was a totally immersive experience and I have CEA to thank for it. I was in the Advanced Spanish Language and Culture in Seville Program, and took international business at the CEA study center along with 4 courses at the Universidad de Sevilla in Spanish linguistics, culture and translation. I was within walking distance from all of the wonder Sevilla had to offer and the excursions and support the CEA site staff support is unparalleled

Pros
  • Weather
  • Warm culture
  • Food and Drink
Cons
  • Andalucia language barrier
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Hi Jared. Thanks for sharing your review about your incredible experience in Seville. Your courses sound insightful and we're happy to hear your host family and CEA onsite staff were helpful. Good luck to you moving forward!

Lily

A Semester in Seville: Studious, Scenic and Spectacular

I simply cannot imagine a more hospitable city or program for a study abroad student. Seville is full of narrow streets in quaint neighborhoods, breathtaking landmarks, sprawling parks, and bustling areas of young locals and international students. When not exploring or eating affordable, delicious food, courses are taken at various institutions with tons of options for subjects. The CEA study center is situated ideally in the city, as are the comfortable living options. Every day, I looked forward to seeing all of my professors and the staff at CEA; they were an excellent, helpful, and talented team! I always felt safe and supported. I more than highly recommend this program and location - take me back!

Pros
  • Perfectly sized city: can never see it all but feels comfortable
  • Large population of international students to form communities and have fun
  • Simply amazing onsite CEA staff
Cons
  • Not as easy travel access to other European countries
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Hi Lily! Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your semester in Seville. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and we're so glad to hear it. I can guarantee CEA professors were looking forward to every day too! Best of luck!

Shannon

The best semester of my life!

I studied abroad with CEA in Seville, Spain in fall 2019. Having never even been outside the country before, I wasn't sure quite what to expect, but this program exceeded my every expectation. The staff is so supportive and really takes the time to get to know students. Academics were very relevant to local life in Seville as well as my major (strategic communication) and minors (Spanish & video). I visited so many cool places and emerged with new friends & a broadened perspective of the world!!!

I didn't get along with my host mom, and I almost moved out. But the housing coordinator Esther was excellent. She listened to all my concerns and helped me explore my options for moving out.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you so much for your review, Shannon! Your feedback will help serve as a guide for future students when researching their own study abroad programs with CEA. We are so glad you had a wonderful CEA experience and we wish you the very best in your future endeavors. Be sure to stop by and say hello the next time you find yourself in Seville! Our team is always working to improve our programs and provide the best possible experience for students, so if you would like to share any feedback, please email StudentFeedback@ceastudyabroad.com.

Crista

CEA Study Abroad In Seville, Spain was the time of my life!

CEA Study Abroad is an incredible company. The whole process - from applying to the program, to arriving and finally leaving - was seamless. The staff is incredibly supportive, helpful and kind. The building was beautiful, and in an incredible location near the center of the city. My classes at CEA we’re both interesting and reasonable. I felt like I learned loads of useful information in them, but I never felt overwhelmed with school work. I felt safe and supported during my entire stay in Spain. Thanks CEA!

Explore everything on your to-do list while you can, the time flies by quickly! Try new things, adventure, and put yourself out there EVERY DAY...you won’t regret it!
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough review, Crista! We so appreciate seeing your incredible photos and hearing your kind words about your CEA Seville program as well as our wonderful staff. Your advice to future students will help guide them through their own study abroad experiences! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors, and be sure to stop by and say hello the next time you’re in Seville!

Caroline

Unforgettable, Eye-Opening Experience

I believe that everyone's study abroad experience is unique, and no matter what program you go through, the fate of your enjoyment relies on your willingness to be open-minded and step out of your comfort zone. However, CEA provided every necessary resource in order to create the ideal study abroad experience. From flamenco dance lessons, to self-defense classes, to connecting with local intercambio students, CEA went above and beyond to create a unique, enjoyable, and comfortable environment. Soaking in the local culture by exploring historical sites, such as the Cathedral, Giralda, Alcázar, Archivo de Indias, etc., is a great way to delve into the historical world of this city, while actively participating in the renowned "Feria de Abril" in Seville expands your perspective of dance and music, allowing you to explore a whole new cultural experience. Overall, as a result of studying abroad with CEA in Seville, my perspective on the world has broadened, and I see life from a worldly viewpoint instead of my narrowed, small-town mindset.

Don't be afraid to make yourself uncomfortable–whether speaking the language, tasting a local tapa, or attempting to learn a new form of dance–in order to take full advantage of the new cultural experiences.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Caroline, thank you for your kind words and the well-thought-out review. Your detailed recommendations for Seville and study abroad insights will help guide future students when researching and deciding upon their own study abroad experiences. Getting out of your comfort zone is a great step toward getting the most out of studying abroad, and we’re happy to hear you embraced it! We are thrilled to hear you had a great semester with CEA in Seville, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Delaney

Beautiful City and Great Program

This semester was the best time of my life. I chose Seville on a whim, and it turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. Seville is a perfect medium-sized city so it's easy to get around and get familiar with most of it, but there are always new things to do and see. You won't get bored--even just walking around the old, gorgeous streets. I found that once I made Seville my home for the semester, most of the cities I would visit in Spain and Europe rarely compared to the vibrancy and culture of Seville.

The program with CEA in Seville is also the perfect size. Unlike other programs, you get to know your staff/advisors well and you form close bonds with the other students because there aren't too many of you. The housing was great; I chose the Casa de Sevilla option and it was perfect). CEA's facilities are so beautiful and in the perfect location in the city.

If you are interested in coming to study in Sevilla, I would definitely recommend trying to do so in the spring. During this time the city hosts its two largest events of the year: Semana Santa and Feria de Abril. These were honestly my favorite part of experiencing the culture.

I wouldn't change a thing about this semester and I would HIGHLY recommend it to others.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would choose a CEA program at University of Seville or EUSA instead of Universidad Pablo de Olavide to avoid a commute by metro.
Lilia

Spring in Sevilla

Frankly, the main reason I chose CEA in Sevilla was the cost. I knew that I wanted to study in a Spanish-speaking city, and didn't really have a preference of which one. Additionally, I wanted a place that would be easy to travel from. Sevilla met all these expectations, and CEA was so reasonably priced, so I decided to go for it!

I absolutely fell in love with the city and culture. I absolutely adored my time in the heart of Andalusia, and already want to return. Sevilla is such an easily walkable place, which makes exploring fun and easy. The natural and manmade beauty can not be overstated. I made some amazing, lifelong friends through CEA and was able to learn so much about the city and country I was living in at the University of Sevilla and the CEA center. The CEA excursions were very well organized and allowed us to thoroughly enjoy Lisbon, Cordoba, and Granada.

As the song says, Sevilla tiene un color especial.

Take advantage of cheap plane and train tickets, but don't forget to get to know Sevilla. Weekends in Sevilla are so much fun too! Also, get the carrot cake at Viajero Sedentario on the Alameda!!!! It is life changing!
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Lilia, thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review! We are so glad to hear CEA was a life-changing, positive experience for you, and your tips for enjoying all Seville has to offer will serve as a guide to future CEA students when researching their own programs! Be sure to stop by and say hello should you find yourself back in Seville 😊 We wish you all the best in your future endeavors, Lilia!

Brogan

CEA in Sevilla, España

My study abroad experience in Sevilla was absolutely amazing. I studied abroad for the entire spring semester in 2017. Not only was the city breathtaking, but the support from the staff at CEA is something that I felt really set them apart. During the application process, while you're there, and even your experience is over, the staff members are there to help with any guidance you may need. They have no issues helping you with problems related to school, housing, or travel. The excursions that are included in the program fees are a perfect blend of historical and fun. There are plenty of group activities, but also time for you to explore on your own. They also offer a lot of different activities throughout the city, such as a bullfight, a cooking class, and intercambios, which gives you an opportunity to meet some of the locals that want to learn English! I would highly recommend this program to anyone thinking about studying abroad!

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Brogan, this is music to our ears! Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience in beautiful Seville, and your notes will help guide future students when choosing their own study abroad adventure! Be sure to stop by and say hello should you find yourself back in Seville!