CEA Study Abroad in Seville, Spain

Sunset over Seville
Sunset over Seville
CEA Center Seville
CEA Center Seville

Study or intern in the heart of Al-Andalus culture: Seville. This small city offers a down-to-earth lifestyle and a relaxed atmosphere that allows you to dive into Andalusian culture and still have time to focus on your academic and professional goals.

Increase your global competence with a quarter, semester, or academic year spent in Seville! CEA has a broad range of courses available at partner universities: Pablo de Olavide, University of Seville and EUSA University Center; or at the CEA Seville Center, located near the Giralda of Seville Cathedral and the walls of the Moorish Alcazar.

In addition to study abroad, the CEA Internships Abroad program offers personalized internship placements that give students hands-on, practical experience in a career field of their choosing.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s possible!

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions

CEA Scholarships
CEA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Studying abroad will change your life, improve your employability, and enhance your global competence. That's why we commit more than $2.0 million each year to our financial and scholarship programs.

$400 - $3,000

Apply by 10/3/2019 and get a $1,000 flight voucher!

Allow yourself to experience cultures in parts of the world you’ve only ever dreamt of. Take this opportunity to make this your life. Apply by October 3, 2019, and get up to $1000 in flight vouchers toward study or internship programs abroad.

Caroline

Unforgettable, Eye-Opening Experience

I believe that everyone's study abroad experience is unique, and no matter what program you go through, the fate of your enjoyment relies on your willingness to be open-minded and step out of your comfort zone. However, CEA provided every necessary resource in order to create the ideal study abroad experience. From flamenco dance lessons, to self-defense classes, to connecting with local intercambio students, CEA went above and beyond to create a unique, enjoyable, and comfortable environment. Soaking in the local culture by exploring historical sites, such as the Cathedral, Giralda, Alcázar, Archivo de Indias, etc., is a great way to delve into the historical world of this city, while actively participating in the renowned "Feria de Abril" in Seville expands your perspective of dance and music, allowing you to explore a whole new cultural experience. Overall, as a result of studying abroad with CEA in Seville, my perspective on the world has broadened, and I see life from a worldly viewpoint instead of my narrowed, small-town mindset.

Don't be afraid to make yourself uncomfortable–whether speaking the language, tasting a local tapa, or attempting to learn a new form of dance–in order to take full advantage of the new cultural experiences.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Caroline, thank you for your kind words and the well-thought-out review. Your detailed recommendations for Seville and study abroad insights will help guide future students when researching and deciding upon their own study abroad experiences. Getting out of your comfort zone is a great step toward getting the most out of studying abroad, and we’re happy to hear you embraced it! We are thrilled to hear you had a great semester with CEA in Seville, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Delaney

Beautiful City and Great Program

This semester was the best time of my life. I chose Seville on a whim, and it turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. Seville is a perfect medium-sized city so it's easy to get around and get familiar with most of it, but there are always new things to do and see. You won't get bored--even just walking around the old, gorgeous streets. I found that once I made Seville my home for the semester, most of the cities I would visit in Spain and Europe rarely compared to the vibrancy and culture of Seville.

The program with CEA in Seville is also the perfect size. Unlike other programs, you get to know your staff/advisors well and you form close bonds with the other students because there aren't too many of you. The housing was great; I chose the Casa de Sevilla option and it was perfect). CEA's facilities are so beautiful and in the perfect location in the city.

If you are interested in coming to study in Sevilla, I would definitely recommend trying to do so in the spring. During this time the city hosts its two largest events of the year: Semana Santa and Feria de Abril. These were honestly my favorite part of experiencing the culture.

I wouldn't change a thing about this semester and I would HIGHLY recommend it to others.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would choose a CEA program at University of Seville or EUSA instead of Universidad Pablo de Olavide to avoid a commute by metro.
Lilia

Spring in Sevilla

Frankly, the main reason I chose CEA in Sevilla was the cost. I knew that I wanted to study in a Spanish-speaking city, and didn't really have a preference of which one. Additionally, I wanted a place that would be easy to travel from. Sevilla met all these expectations, and CEA was so reasonably priced, so I decided to go for it!

I absolutely fell in love with the city and culture. I absolutely adored my time in the heart of Andalusia, and already want to return. Sevilla is such an easily walkable place, which makes exploring fun and easy. The natural and manmade beauty can not be overstated. I made some amazing, lifelong friends through CEA and was able to learn so much about the city and country I was living in at the University of Sevilla and the CEA center. The CEA excursions were very well organized and allowed us to thoroughly enjoy Lisbon, Cordoba, and Granada.

As the song says, Sevilla tiene un color especial.

Take advantage of cheap plane and train tickets, but don't forget to get to know Sevilla. Weekends in Sevilla are so much fun too! Also, get the carrot cake at Viajero Sedentario on the Alameda!!!! It is life changing!
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Lilia, thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review! We are so glad to hear CEA was a life-changing, positive experience for you, and your tips for enjoying all Seville has to offer will serve as a guide to future CEA students when researching their own programs! Be sure to stop by and say hello should you find yourself back in Seville 😊 We wish you all the best in your future endeavors, Lilia!

Brogan

CEA in Sevilla, España

My study abroad experience in Sevilla was absolutely amazing. I studied abroad for the entire spring semester in 2017. Not only was the city breathtaking, but the support from the staff at CEA is something that I felt really set them apart. During the application process, while you're there, and even your experience is over, the staff members are there to help with any guidance you may need. They have no issues helping you with problems related to school, housing, or travel. The excursions that are included in the program fees are a perfect blend of historical and fun. There are plenty of group activities, but also time for you to explore on your own. They also offer a lot of different activities throughout the city, such as a bullfight, a cooking class, and intercambios, which gives you an opportunity to meet some of the locals that want to learn English! I would highly recommend this program to anyone thinking about studying abroad!

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Brogan, this is music to our ears! Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience in beautiful Seville, and your notes will help guide future students when choosing their own study abroad adventure! Be sure to stop by and say hello should you find yourself back in Seville!

Caitlin

Discovering My Roots in Seville (Spring 2017)

Choosing to study in Seville was quite easy for me. I grew up hearing stories about the labyrinthine streets and unchallenged beauty of the city from my family, who spent almost every summer there. I was able to walk the same streets my grandfather grew up on and make memories of my own.

I had the amazing opportunity to share my connection to Seville and several other stories as CEA’s Mobile Journalist (MOJO) for Seville during the Spring 2017 semester. A friend of mine had previously been a MOJO for CEA in Aix-en-Provence and recommended I study with them, and it was definitely the right choice!

The academics in Seville were a bit confusing at first and were not well-explained on their website or by staff. Some courses I wanted were canceled or were changed which was a bit of a disappointment, however, I thoroughly enjoyed all the courses I ended up taking and thankfully my major (International Studies) was incredibly flexible. Surprisingly my classes at the University of Seville (USS) were much easier than those at the CEA campus. I did feel a bit under-stimulated with my courses at USS, but that gave me more time to explore the city and to travel throughout Europe.

I was very lucky to have an amazing apartment, just a ten-minute walk to USS and the CEA campus. I heard from some year-long students that their previous apartments were not as nice, so it must be quite random which type of apartment you will be placed in. I enjoyed the freedom that came along with apartment living, especially since I am quite independent.

Overall, I had an amazing semester in Seville and hope to spend more time in the city in the near future. My one piece of advice for any prospective student in Seville would be to get out of your comfort zone and strive to meet locals and other international students; with the structure of CEA it is too easy to be surrounded by only other Americans, but you’ll have a more fulfilling time if you break out of that circle.

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Caitlin, so glad you decided to study abroad with us again and thank you for being a Mobile Journalist! We appreciate your insight and feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Kelly

I am in love with Seville and this program

I was a little nervous to leave the comfort of the United States and study abroad. I didn't know anyone that was going to the same location as me, let alone was in the same program. Since arriving here, CEA has been completely accommodating and helpful. We opened the program with a couple days of orientation where we were given guided tours of our neighborhoods and allowed to mingle with the other students. I was hoping to make new friends to travel with, and I think the structure of these first few days were extremely conducive for this. I have loved my different professors at both the CEA center and EUSA. While the program is mainly made up of American students, CEA has allowed me ample opportunity to meet locals and students from other parts of the world. I also absolutely love Seville. There are so many opportunities to practice speaking Spanish and to learn about Spanish culture. It feels really safe and clean. I would recommend this program 100 times over.

I can't think of any aspects of the program that need improving!
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thanks for the review Kelly!

Maddie

Fall 2017 Abroad AMAZING

I really enjoyed my semester abroad. CEA gives amazing opportunities to explore within Spain and outside of Spain. The excursion to Morocco was a real highlight of the trip. There is so much culture and always something to do or see in Sevilla! There are many beautiful sights to see in Sevilla. The Cathedral, Plaza de España, Alcazar, and more. The Spaniards are so welcoming and it is a perfect place to practice spanish! The food is amazing and the architecture and people match it.

I think having more activities to integrate the students at CEA. I also would suggest that there should be a greater variety of students recruited. There was a large amount of students from the same university.
Nicole

CEA Seville was the right choice for me

I could not be happier with my decision to attend CEA Seville. The amount of support I received from the very beginning when I was applying for the program to my day to day questions while I am abroad has been incredible. The staff is friendly, excited, and willing to assist in absolutely any way possible.

The classes are not as intensive as those in America but it is so much better this way as it allows us to gain actual worldly experience instead of sitting inside doing hours of homework. CEA provides its students with many opportunities to connect with locals and attend cultural workshops and excursions. More is provided in this program than any other I have seen.

I highly recommend CEA's unique Casa de Sevilla housing option which gives students the freedom to live in an apartment on their own but also the convenience of having a house mom who cooks and cleans. I love it very much and my house mom is the absolute sweetest!

Seville is a wonderful city as well, the perfect combination of hustle and bustle as well as safety and comfort. Overall, this program has been amazing. No regrets!

More course options would always be nice and integration with more international students perhaps from other countries to share cultural experiences they have had in Seville
Daniella

Studying Abroad in Seville, Spain

My experience in Seville was incredible. Coming from a latin background and being fluent in Spanish, it was such a cool experience for me to put my Spanish speaking skills to test by talking to local Sevillanos, singing to top Spanish hits, and immersing myself in a new Spanish culture. I absolutely loved Seville because I learned so much about Spain in general such as its historic background, its current conflicts/issues that occurring, and Spaniards way of life. With such a strong Spanish culture, Seville forces you to practice Spanish and not just hang out with American study abroad students. This was my favorite part about studying abroad in this city because this is how I gained so much by studying abroad. I became more confident with speaking to new people, and becoming a world-traveler. But most importantly, studying abroad helped be to become a global citizen. Seville has had such a great impact on my life that I now want to go back after I graduate to work there for at least 6 months.

Switch up some of the excursions with adding more locations such as visiting Portugal or Madrid Also adding more AICAP activities (more cooking classes, flamenco nights, intercambio sessions). Another thing I would have loved was to be taking classes with Spanish students. It was nice going to a local university, however if I was sitting next to Spanish students in my classes and studying what they were studying it would help not only with my Academic/Spanish learning but also create long lasting friendships with Spaniards.
girl in blue doorway
Danielle

The Best Place to Be

“Sevilla tiene una cosa, que solo tiene Sevilla” This basically means Seville has a thing that is only Seville, which could not be a truer statement. I studied abroad in Seville, Spain for four months and had the time of my life. I lived with my host mom and two other girls. From the moment, I landed in Seville CEA staff made sure we were all accounted for and got us to the right place.

My “madre” greeted me with open arms and made sure I felt welcomed.
I had my classes split between a local university there, Universidad de Pablo Olavide, and the CEA program. This gave me a range of classes to choose from. All my classes were in Spanish and my speaking and comprehension improved.

CEA offered great side trips to Portugal, Cordoba, Granada, and other places. There were great local culture learning activities where we watched a private flamenco show, learned how to make typical tapas, and learned all about bull fighting before viewing the show.
All the staff were great were ready to solve any problem and give tips from trying to find someone who could do braids, researching places to go on the weekend, and figuring out how issues with lost keys.

Overall, I had a wonderful time. I made life long friends with locals and others across the country. I would recommend everyone to go to Seville, Spain with CEA. You won't regret it.

It would be fun to travel the week before as a program like some of the other programs when we first get there. It would be a great way to meet the rest of the people in the program and learn about the country.
Kate

CEA in Seville

Studying abroad through CEA in Seville, Spain was hands down one of the best decisions I have ever made. Whether it was the CEA staff in Phoenix, Arizona or the on-site staff in Seville, everyone was incredibly helpful and reliable. The staff were always available to help me with anything I needed. Whether it was helping me through the registration process and making sure I had all of my necessary documents or when I was in Spain and didn't know how to get somewhere or needed a restaurant recommendation. My semester abroad would not have been as successful as it was if it weren't for all of the CEA staff. Having the CEA Seville Center to go to every day was key in fully emerging myself in the Sevillano culture and being successful in my academics.

This program could improve in when they provide students about to go abroad their housing and academic choices. It's a little nerve-racking waiting til about two weeks before you go abroad not knowing where you'll live and what your budget should look like depending on your housing assignment. Other than that, I loved everything about this program!
Amber

Adventure everywhere you go

I was a student in Seville, Spain for a little over three months and it was the best experience of my life. The professors and directors of CEA helped shape my experience to the best it could be. I recommend going to every excursion CEA offers beacuse that is where you will truly learn what the country you are living in has to offer. One of my favorite excursions was when CEA took the program to Morocco. This adventure was an eye opening experience that you will not be able to find during your travels to cities such as Paris or London. Now don't get me wrong London and Paris were my favorite cities to visit but when I look over my experience abroad it was my excursion to Morocco where I learned the most about the world. We traveled to four different cities, spoke to students studying in Morocco, and even had the opportunity to ride a camel. What I learned during my travels was that it didn't matter which cities I visited; in the end what shaped me the most were the people/friends I made along the way. The success to a wonderful abroad experience is to meet knew friends, try new things, and never say no to a new adventure.

Leslie

No place like Sevilla

Sevilla is the most perfect city I have ever been to, and I couldn't imagine studying here through any other program. CEA helped make Sevilla feel like home. The staff truly cares about its students and will do anything to ensure they have the best experience here possible; they are very organized and always are willing to help. Another great part about CEA is that there are students from a variety of universities from all over the US, which allowed me the unique opportunity to meet many new people I couldn't have otherwise if I studied through my home university. The housing options are also amazing, and I have been able to form an incredible relationship with my "madre." I have had the most amazing experience here in Sevilla with CEA, and couldn't imagine doing abroad any differently.

Classes with more conversational Spanish, the opportunity to take classes with local students
Brittany

Best Semester Ever

Studying abroad with CEA was the best choice that I ever made. I did a lot of research over several different programs and cities, but CEA Seville was by far the most appealing option!

Seville itself is an amazing city. It's in the south of Spain, so the climate is amazing. There's so much history, and the center of the city is my favorite place. I could spend hours in the Plaza de España if I had the chance! It's a very walkable city with so much to do, but it doesn't feel like a tourist destination. The people are kind, and the city is safe.

The CEA staff are some of the most helpful people I've ever met. From the moment I applied, I had someone reaching out to me weekly about the status of my applications, both the general application, and scholarship applications. They answered all of my questions and were able to help with everything I needed!

They were just as helpful when I arrived in Spain. We were picked up at the airport and taken to our homes, and shown around the city over the next few days. I really like that with CEA we take half of our classes at the CEA center, and half at our chosen university. The CEA classes are a lot of fun, and it's nice to be able to make friends both at CEA and at UPO (the school I chose) from other programs!

I love my living situation -- I live in a "casa de Seville" with several other students. We have host parents that come in and feed us every day and spend time with us, but they don't live with us. I like that we get the Spanish interaction, but also have the same amount of independence as at home!

CEA offers a variety of intercambio activities that allowed us to get to know Spanish students and make friends with locals. They also had workshops over things like Flamenco, Bullfighting, and Cooking, so that we could learn more about the Spanish culture. CEA also offers excursions outside of Seville that are tons of fun. We went to tons of cities that I wouldn't have visited otherwise, and I loved them! CEA really tries to make sure that students get the most out of their experience.

I recommend CEA, and Seville, for anyone who's wanting to study abroad! Don't be afraid, just fill out the application and go!

Maybe have more Advanced Spanish classes at the CEA center.
Emilee

I found my home here!

Studying abroad in Seville has been the best experience I could have ever had. Every aspect of it has been phenomenal (except the lack of peanut butter availability). The CEA staff is so helpful with anything and everything; I could go to them with any problem and they would be willing to help. For example, imagine how scary it is to get sick away from home. Not just like having a cold during your freshman year of college without your mom, but like having strep throat in another country where you're not entirely sure how to explain what's going on in Spanish. The CEA staff helped me make my appointment and made sure that someone would be there that could translate for me.
There's so many aspects of my semester abroad that have made me fall in love with Seville, and most of them are due to CEA Seville. Had I not chosen to study with CEA, I wouldn't have had my wonderful host family who I love so much. Probably just as much as my real family at home. Trust me, walking into a new house and being welcomed by your "dad," "mom," "sister," and "brother" that you've never met before is intimidating. However, I wouldn't have had it any other way. Now I have a big sister that I had always wanted, and my roommate and I get to laugh about when our host brother uses her conditioner and walks around the house smelling like a melon, thinking no one has noticed.
The classes at CEA have also taught me so much. I fully expected "easy A's" from my Food and Wine class and my Spanish course, but I have been challenged just as much here as I am at home at Auburn. For once, also, I actually use what I've learned and I can apply it to my daily life in Spain. I know how to buy a good red wine for not 50 euros but for "broke college kid" prices, I can identify the quality of a bottle of olive oil, and so many other things that have actually been very useful to know.
All in all, Seville is the only place I'd ever want to be. If someone is considering studying abroad, Seville is perfect and CEA is the program to use. Come to Seville and you'll find a home just like I did. However, if you come for the Spring, watch the rebujitos during Feria. They'll getcha.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About CEA Study Abroad

With 23 destinations across 13 countries, CEA Study Abroad offers an ideal balance of academics, internships, and adventure to more than 4,000 students each year. Find out where learning abroad can take you by clicking the “Visit Site” button and...