CEA Study Abroad in Seville, Spain

Study or intern in the heart of Al-Andalus culture: Seville. This small city offers a down-to-earth lifestyle and a relaxed atmosphere that allows you to dive into Andalusian culture and still have time to focus on your academic and professional goals.

Increase your global competence with a quarter, semester, or academic year spent in Seville! CEA has a broad range of courses available at partner universities: Pablo de Olavide, University of Seville and EUSA University Center; or at the CEA Seville Center, located near the Giralda of Seville Cathedral and the walls of the Moorish Alcazar.

In addition to study abroad, the CEA Internships Abroad program offers personalized internship placements that give students hands-on, practical experience in a career field of their choosing.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s possible!

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions

Kelly

I am in love with Seville and this program

I was a little nervous to leave the comfort of the United States and study abroad. I didn't know anyone that was going to the same location as me, let alone was in the same program. Since arriving here, CEA has been completely accommodating and helpful. We opened the program with a couple days of orientation where we were given guided tours of our neighborhoods and allowed to mingle with the other students. I was hoping to make new friends to travel with, and I think the structure of these first few days were extremely conducive for this. I have loved my different professors at both the CEA center and EUSA. While the program is mainly made up of American students, CEA has allowed me ample opportunity to meet locals and students from other parts of the world. I also absolutely love Seville. There are so many opportunities to practice speaking Spanish and to learn about Spanish culture. It feels really safe and clean. I would recommend this program 100 times over.

I can't think of any aspects of the program that need improving!
Maddie

Fall 2017 Abroad AMAZING

I really enjoyed my semester abroad. CEA gives amazing opportunities to explore within Spain and outside of Spain. The excursion to Morocco was a real highlight of the trip. There is so much culture and always something to do or see in Sevilla! There are many beautiful sights to see in Sevilla. The Cathedral, Plaza de España, Alcazar, and more. The Spaniards are so welcoming and it is a perfect place to practice spanish! The food is amazing and the architecture and people match it.

I think having more activities to integrate the students at CEA. I also would suggest that there should be a greater variety of students recruited. There was a large amount of students from the same university.
Nicole

CEA Seville was the right choice for me

I could not be happier with my decision to attend CEA Seville. The amount of support I received from the very beginning when I was applying for the program to my day to day questions while I am abroad has been incredible. The staff is friendly, excited, and willing to assist in absolutely any way possible.

The classes are not as intensive as those in America but it is so much better this way as it allows us to gain actual worldly experience instead of sitting inside doing hours of homework. CEA provides its students with many opportunities to connect with locals and attend cultural workshops and excursions. More is provided in this program than any other I have seen.

I highly recommend CEA's unique Casa de Sevilla housing option which gives students the freedom to live in an apartment on their own but also the convenience of having a house mom who cooks and cleans. I love it very much and my house mom is the absolute sweetest!

Seville is a wonderful city as well, the perfect combination of hustle and bustle as well as safety and comfort. Overall, this program has been amazing. No regrets!

More course options would always be nice and integration with more international students perhaps from other countries to share cultural experiences they have had in Seville
Daniella

Studying Abroad in Seville, Spain

My experience in Seville was incredible. Coming from a latin background and being fluent in Spanish, it was such a cool experience for me to put my Spanish speaking skills to test by talking to local Sevillanos, singing to top Spanish hits, and immersing myself in a new Spanish culture. I absolutely loved Seville because I learned so much about Spain in general such as its historic background, its current conflicts/issues that occurring, and Spaniards way of life. With such a strong Spanish culture, Seville forces you to practice Spanish and not just hang out with American study abroad students. This was my favorite part about studying abroad in this city because this is how I gained so much by studying abroad. I became more confident with speaking to new people, and becoming a world-traveler. But most importantly, studying abroad helped be to become a global citizen. Seville has had such a great impact on my life that I now want to go back after I graduate to work there for at least 6 months.

Switch up some of the excursions with adding more locations such as visiting Portugal or Madrid Also adding more AICAP activities (more cooking classes, flamenco nights, intercambio sessions). Another thing I would have loved was to be taking classes with Spanish students. It was nice going to a local university, however if I was sitting next to Spanish students in my classes and studying what they were studying it would help not only with my Academic/Spanish learning but also create long lasting friendships with Spaniards.
girl in blue doorway
Danielle

The Best Place to Be

“Sevilla tiene una cosa, que solo tiene Sevilla” This basically means Seville has a thing that is only Seville, which could not be a truer statement. I studied abroad in Seville, Spain for four months and had the time of my life. I lived with my host mom and two other girls. From the moment, I landed in Seville CEA staff made sure we were all accounted for and got us to the right place.

My “madre” greeted me with open arms and made sure I felt welcomed.
I had my classes split between a local university there, Universidad de Pablo Olavide, and the CEA program. This gave me a range of classes to choose from. All my classes were in Spanish and my speaking and comprehension improved.

CEA offered great side trips to Portugal, Cordoba, Granada, and other places. There were great local culture learning activities where we watched a private flamenco show, learned how to make typical tapas, and learned all about bull fighting before viewing the show.
All the staff were great were ready to solve any problem and give tips from trying to find someone who could do braids, researching places to go on the weekend, and figuring out how issues with lost keys.

Overall, I had a wonderful time. I made life long friends with locals and others across the country. I would recommend everyone to go to Seville, Spain with CEA. You won't regret it.

It would be fun to travel the week before as a program like some of the other programs when we first get there. It would be a great way to meet the rest of the people in the program and learn about the country.
Kate

CEA in Seville

Studying abroad through CEA in Seville, Spain was hands down one of the best decisions I have ever made. Whether it was the CEA staff in Phoenix, Arizona or the on-site staff in Seville, everyone was incredibly helpful and reliable. The staff were always available to help me with anything I needed. Whether it was helping me through the registration process and making sure I had all of my necessary documents or when I was in Spain and didn't know how to get somewhere or needed a restaurant recommendation. My semester abroad would not have been as successful as it was if it weren't for all of the CEA staff. Having the CEA Seville Center to go to every day was key in fully emerging myself in the Sevillano culture and being successful in my academics.

This program could improve in when they provide students about to go abroad their housing and academic choices. It's a little nerve-racking waiting til about two weeks before you go abroad not knowing where you'll live and what your budget should look like depending on your housing assignment. Other than that, I loved everything about this program!
Amber

Adventure everywhere you go

I was a student in Seville, Spain for a little over three months and it was the best experience of my life. The professors and directors of CEA helped shape my experience to the best it could be. I recommend going to every excursion CEA offers beacuse that is where you will truly learn what the country you are living in has to offer. One of my favorite excursions was when CEA took the program to Morocco. This adventure was an eye opening experience that you will not be able to find during your travels to cities such as Paris or London. Now don't get me wrong London and Paris were my favorite cities to visit but when I look over my experience abroad it was my excursion to Morocco where I learned the most about the world. We traveled to four different cities, spoke to students studying in Morocco, and even had the opportunity to ride a camel. What I learned during my travels was that it didn't matter which cities I visited; in the end what shaped me the most were the people/friends I made along the way. The success to a wonderful abroad experience is to meet knew friends, try new things, and never say no to a new adventure.

Leslie

No place like Sevilla

Sevilla is the most perfect city I have ever been to, and I couldn't imagine studying here through any other program. CEA helped make Sevilla feel like home. The staff truly cares about its students and will do anything to ensure they have the best experience here possible; they are very organized and always are willing to help. Another great part about CEA is that there are students from a variety of universities from all over the US, which allowed me the unique opportunity to meet many new people I couldn't have otherwise if I studied through my home university. The housing options are also amazing, and I have been able to form an incredible relationship with my "madre." I have had the most amazing experience here in Sevilla with CEA, and couldn't imagine doing abroad any differently.

Classes with more conversational Spanish, the opportunity to take classes with local students
Brittany

Best Semester Ever

Studying abroad with CEA was the best choice that I ever made. I did a lot of research over several different programs and cities, but CEA Seville was by far the most appealing option!

Seville itself is an amazing city. It's in the south of Spain, so the climate is amazing. There's so much history, and the center of the city is my favorite place. I could spend hours in the Plaza de España if I had the chance! It's a very walkable city with so much to do, but it doesn't feel like a tourist destination. The people are kind, and the city is safe.

The CEA staff are some of the most helpful people I've ever met. From the moment I applied, I had someone reaching out to me weekly about the status of my applications, both the general application, and scholarship applications. They answered all of my questions and were able to help with everything I needed!

They were just as helpful when I arrived in Spain. We were picked up at the airport and taken to our homes, and shown around the city over the next few days. I really like that with CEA we take half of our classes at the CEA center, and half at our chosen university. The CEA classes are a lot of fun, and it's nice to be able to make friends both at CEA and at UPO (the school I chose) from other programs!

I love my living situation -- I live in a "casa de Seville" with several other students. We have host parents that come in and feed us every day and spend time with us, but they don't live with us. I like that we get the Spanish interaction, but also have the same amount of independence as at home!

CEA offers a variety of intercambio activities that allowed us to get to know Spanish students and make friends with locals. They also had workshops over things like Flamenco, Bullfighting, and Cooking, so that we could learn more about the Spanish culture. CEA also offers excursions outside of Seville that are tons of fun. We went to tons of cities that I wouldn't have visited otherwise, and I loved them! CEA really tries to make sure that students get the most out of their experience.

I recommend CEA, and Seville, for anyone who's wanting to study abroad! Don't be afraid, just fill out the application and go!

Maybe have more Advanced Spanish classes at the CEA center.
Emilee

I found my home here!

Studying abroad in Seville has been the best experience I could have ever had. Every aspect of it has been phenomenal (except the lack of peanut butter availability). The CEA staff is so helpful with anything and everything; I could go to them with any problem and they would be willing to help. For example, imagine how scary it is to get sick away from home. Not just like having a cold during your freshman year of college without your mom, but like having strep throat in another country where you're not entirely sure how to explain what's going on in Spanish. The CEA staff helped me make my appointment and made sure that someone would be there that could translate for me.
There's so many aspects of my semester abroad that have made me fall in love with Seville, and most of them are due to CEA Seville. Had I not chosen to study with CEA, I wouldn't have had my wonderful host family who I love so much. Probably just as much as my real family at home. Trust me, walking into a new house and being welcomed by your "dad," "mom," "sister," and "brother" that you've never met before is intimidating. However, I wouldn't have had it any other way. Now I have a big sister that I had always wanted, and my roommate and I get to laugh about when our host brother uses her conditioner and walks around the house smelling like a melon, thinking no one has noticed.
The classes at CEA have also taught me so much. I fully expected "easy A's" from my Food and Wine class and my Spanish course, but I have been challenged just as much here as I am at home at Auburn. For once, also, I actually use what I've learned and I can apply it to my daily life in Spain. I know how to buy a good red wine for not 50 euros but for "broke college kid" prices, I can identify the quality of a bottle of olive oil, and so many other things that have actually been very useful to know.
All in all, Seville is the only place I'd ever want to be. If someone is considering studying abroad, Seville is perfect and CEA is the program to use. Come to Seville and you'll find a home just like I did. However, if you come for the Spring, watch the rebujitos during Feria. They'll getcha.

Katherine

CEA Study Abroad Program in Sevilla

Overall I would most definitely rate my experience as a 10/10. I have had an amazing time in Sevilla and have grown to love the city. The staff at CEA were always welcome and accommodating whenever I had any questions or problems. I have also enjoyed the teachers at CEA. The courses are interesting without being too difficult and the teachers are always there when you need help, or even if you just want to talk. The program center is in a perfect location, and I never had the feeling that I was unsafe while walking to and from class.

The only suggestion I would have for CEA is to possibly try out an immersive 1 or 2 week Spanish language program when the students first arrive to Sevilla. I know some other programs who arrived to the city a week early to participate in this Spanish course. It not only helped them improve and prepare their Spanish for the upcoming months significantly, but it also helped with meeting the people in the program.
Madison

Life Changing Experience

Studying abroad was the best decision I have ever made. Before coming here I was a huge homebody. I go to school 25 minutes away from my house and I see my family every other week. However, I am so glad I decided to step out of my comfort zone and study in Seville with CEA. From the very beginning CEA provided step-by-step advice that made the application and before-arriving process easy and stress free, something you will greatly appreciate when getting ready to go abroad.

When arriving in Seville I was more than overwhelmed. I'm not going to lie, I was VERY homesick the first few weeks. I was having issues with my housing (nothing to do with CEA -- mainly to do with the host family) and once I told CEA about it they were beyond helpful. Within the next few days they had housing options lined up for me that were in the city center and near my friends. They made the transition from one house to the other super easy, and found me a great place to live. I love my new host mom, she is amazing. I'm glad CEA took the time to find me such a great place to live.

CEA also takes their students on numerous cultural excursions where we learn a lot about the Spanish culture and lifestyle. They provide intercambio activities where we can meet and interact with locals to practice our Spanish. They have lounges where students can come to hang out and study, or just talk with their friends. Also, through CEA students have the option to study at the program center as well as various other universities, something that other programs in Seville don't offer. The people here really put an effort into making sure we are getting the most out of our experience.

For the actual city of Seville, it is a must see place. I've done a lot of traveling while abroad, and out of all the places I have visited Seville is by far my favorite. The city is filled life and history. Having the opportunity to live in a place with so much culture has been a great experience (not to mention the night life is really fun as well). I feel safe in Seville and I am very sad to be leaving. Being here for four months has changed me. I have become much more independent and have changed for the better. However, if I needed anything, CEA was always there to offer advice and help me figure out any issue I had. When people think about studying abroad it is always about location, location, location. However, the program you choose is a very important part of your decision. I owe much of my experiences here to CEA and the people who work there. I would definitely recommend studying abroad through this program, especially CEA Seville!

Alexandra

Studying abroad with CEA was the best decision I've ever made

With CEA I have been pushed out of my comfort zone into a city filled with culture and magic. From the moment I arrived, CEA help us ease into Seville with comfort and confidence. They really provided a lot of trips and cultural experiences that helped me experience the most that Spain has to offer.
One of my favorite things about the CEA staff was their willingness to help each and every one of us to really dive into the culture and environment in Seville. They were very encouraging and helpful in terms of providing and finding events for us to participate in. A bullfight at the Plaza de Toros, a day at a local Jamon Iberico farm, and a cooking class are just some of the events to name a few.
The experiences that CEA provided really helped me to see every single aspect of the culture here, and I am so grateful for their help and guidance during the best four months of my life.

William

Great program

CEA is a great program if you are interested in developing a close-knit base with enough freedom to develop a unique study abroad experience. For my particular term, there were only about 100 students, so I was able to create a close connection with my classmates, but felt no pressure to conform to anybody else's opinion of what my experience should be. The staff were helpful, friendly, and knowledgable. I would recommend this program to anyone looking to study abroad in Seville

Mateus

CEA Sevilla Was a Winner

I was recommended CEA in Sevilla by a friend who did it last year, and I can absolutely see why. The city itself is unbeatable; full of authenticity, local culture, and incredibly friendly people. The weather is nearly perfect in the Spring that allow for great days by the river that runs through the city, and the social scene is a ton of fun, with awesome bars, clubs, and restaurants to go to.

CEA really was a fantastic supplement to enjoy all the city has to offer. They put together great language exchange events where I was able to meet local people, and organized awesome trips around the Andalucia region that allowed us to see more of Spain beyond the city I was studying in. The staff is incredibly friendly and I became friends with many of the knowledgable people there. The classes were not overwhelmingly difficult, but certainly forced you to incorporate an understanding of Spanish culture into certain classes to do well.

Overall I can't imagine a better program to be a part of in an even better city. You will not be disappointed with CEA!

Maybe a wider variety of classes (especially conversational spanish ones).

About CEA Study Abroad

With 20 destinations across 11 countries, CEA Study Abroad offers an ideal balance of academics, internships, and adventure to more than 4,000 students each year. Find out where learning abroad can take you by clicking the “Visit Site” button and...