SAI Study Abroad at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona

Gaudí's iconic architecture, as seen from the Park Güell
Gaudí's iconic architecture, as seen from the Park Güell
Study break in the Barcelona sunshine
Study break in the Barcelona sunshine

SAI invites students to experience Barcelona's vibrant diversity! SAI’s partner school, the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), is a dynamic public university, which is consistently ranked among the top European universities. UPF offers undergraduate students a rich variety of courses, with specialization in social sciences, humanities, Hispanic studies, and business. UPF is an urban institution, with three campuses located throughout the city of Barcelona. SAI students studying abroad at UPF join a vibrant student community, with ample occasions to engage in campus activities.

In addition to supporting students throughout their stay in Barcelona, SAI also coordinates a range of activities and excursions throughout the term, including a weekend trip to Seville, cooking classes, a Flamenco dance demonstration, a Barcelona scavenger hunt, and much more.

• The Hispanic and European Studies Program (HESP) encourages students to explore the region's history, culture, and political economy.
  • The cosmopolitan student body includes both visiting international students, as well as Spanish nationals.
  • Enjoy SAI's 360° Services

Erica

Best Semester in Barcelona

I had the most amazing semester studying in Barcelona, Spain. The SAI program I did organized many activities and trips for the students in my program. We did a cooking class, many dinners, trips to Monseratt, Girona, Sevilla, and many more. When I wasn't doing things with the SAI program I was traveling on the weekends with other students in my program. I loved living in walking distance from so many amazing restaurants and ancient cathedrals. Getting to use the metro for transportation was very convenient and saved me a lot of money from taxis. The metro made exploring the city a breeze whether it was exploring the mountains or the beach; the city of Barcelona has so much to offer. Overall, I would not change anything about my semester abroad and recommend everyone study abroad.

having most activities on the weekdays instead of some on the weekends so people traveling could still attend