• Spain
    • Barcelona
Term
Academic Year, Fall, Spring, Summer
Architecture Art History Business Cultural Studies European Studies Health Sciences Hispanic Studies History Humanities Liberal Arts Marketing Political Science Social Sciences +3

Program Details

Pricing

Program cost includes tuition, housing & SAI's 360° Services
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Classes Travel Insurance Wifi
Sep 14, 2020
Sep 12, 2020
1 traveler is looking at this program

SAI invites students to experience Barcelona's vibrant diversity! SAI’s partner school, the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), is a dynamic public university, which is consistently ranked among the top European universities. UPF offers undergraduate students a rich variety of courses, with specialization in social sciences, humanities, Hispanic studies, and business. UPF is an urban institution, with three campuses located throughout the city of Barcelona. SAI students studying abroad at UPF join a vibrant student community, with ample occasions to engage in campus activities.

In addition to supporting students throughout their stay in Barcelona, SAI also coordinates a range of activities and excursions throughout the term, including a weekend trip to Seville, cooking classes, a Flamenco dance demonstration, a Barcelona scavenger hunt, and much more.

Program Highlights

• UPF encourages students to explore the region's history, culture, and political economy.
  • The cosmopolitan student body includes both visiting international students, as well as Spanish nationals.
  • Enjoy SAI's 360° Services

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Anneliese

SAI BARCELONA = BEST EXPERIENCE EVER

My experience studying at UPF with SAI in Barcelona was incredible. I would choose it over and over again.

UPF - UPF is the top ranked school in Spain, so the classes were definitely challenging, but in a good way. I didn't feel like I was wasting my time with school, I really was learning important information. It is also a very historic and culturally Catalan school, so it was perfect for getting the local experience I wanted!! Beautiful and peaceful campus just a 10 minute walk away from Barceloneta (the beach). Be prepared to do school work, but also have really cool professors and learn a lot. Totally worth it.

BARCELONA - I'm probably biased but I think this is the best city to study abroad in. Absolutely beautiful, so much to do, awesome night and day life, and super easy to travel out of / access the airport for weekend trips.

SAI - SAI was the best decision I could have made. They were SO accommodating, quick to respond, and settled any worries I had going into it. The apartments we were assigned were really nice and fantastic location. SAI gave the perfect amount of independence but also security and excursion opportunities. The staff were all so welcoming, easy to talk to, and made you feel right at home. They also planned great events and were fun to hang out with!! We went to Monterserrat, had a flamenco dancing workshop, ceramics workshop, Catalan cooking night, weekend trip to Seville, and more ... the staff made all of the excursions so great!! I really felt like I got a local experience in Barcelona and that was my main goal for studying abroad. So much of the local experience I was given was from SAI excursions and their Global Leadership Certification, where I had the opportunity to earn an additional certification through making a presentation on a subject related to Spain, write a thesis statement, meet with the advisors, attend academic seminars, and volunteer weekly at a local school to help teach the kids English. Overall incredible experience!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
human castles on UPF Campus - a Catalan tradition!
sophie

A once in a lifetime opportunity

My experience in Barcelona with SAI was one I would not trade for the world. SAI acted as a second family to me and helped make the somewhat scary transition from the US to Europe feel natural. They were there every step of the way when I was sick, confused, lost; they were always there to hold my hand and help me no matter the time of day. I recommend this program to anyone studying abroad because I never thought I would have such a positive experience, and I wouldn't change it for the world! SAI also helped me meet tons of students from around the globe with their opportunities to travel in groups and nightly activities such as my favorite- cooking class!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking moment I have had abroad was when I visited the Swiss Alps and skii'd for the very first time!
Erica

Best Semester in Barcelona

I had the most amazing semester studying in Barcelona, Spain. The SAI program I did organized many activities and trips for the students in my program. We did a cooking class, many dinners, trips to Monseratt, Girona, Sevilla, and many more. When I wasn't doing things with the SAI program I was traveling on the weekends with other students in my program. I loved living in walking distance from so many amazing restaurants and ancient cathedrals. Getting to use the metro for transportation was very convenient and saved me a lot of money from taxis. The metro made exploring the city a breeze whether it was exploring the mountains or the beach; the city of Barcelona has so much to offer. Overall, I would not change anything about my semester abroad and recommend everyone study abroad.

having most activities on the weekdays instead of some on the weekends so people traveling could still attend