CIEE Liberal Arts in Alicante, Spain

CIEE Study Abroad Alicante, Spain

The 3,500-year-old port city of Alicante sits on Spain’s dazzling Mediterranean coast and invites advanced Spanish language students to take their Spanish to the next level while taking courses across academic areas at CIEE Alicante and our partner school, Universidad de Alicante. Students select from courses in arts and humanities, engineering and architecture, health sciences, sciences, social sciences, and law studies – all taught in Spanish. Spend your free time immersed in the community, teaching English to local students. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.

• TRAVEL TO ANOTHER AMAZING SPANISH CITY such as Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, Murcia, or Granada.
  • LEARN ALONGSIDE PEERS FROM SPAIN and other countries at Universidad de Alicante, one of the country’s newest universities with a modern campus and an international vibe.
  • COMMUNICATE WITH SPANISH STUDENTS THROUGH INTERCAMBIOS a linguistic exchange program with Universidad de Alicante students that makes it easy to practice what you are learning and become a part of Spanish student life.

Win up to $3,000 for 2020 Study Abroad with CIEE!

Put “study abroad” on your 2020 calendar! Enter the Seize the Season Sweepstakes for a chance to be one of eight lucky students who will share up to $24,000 in study abroad scholarships with CIEE. Choose your prize: $1,500 toward any of 80+ summer study abroad programs or $3,000 toward any of 100+ fall study abroad programs. The sweepstakes ends on April 15, 2020. Enter today!

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Abigail

A truly life-changing experience

If you are looking for an experience that will let you grow in more ways than you could ever imagine all while becoming fluent in Spanish, CIEE liberal arts in Alicante is the program for you! This program has allowed me to be more independent by stepping me outside of my comfort zone. Alicante is an amazing city to learn Spanish and immerse yourself in the culture. The classes in this program are all in Spanish which at first is daunting, but ends up being the best decision. I had so much fun my semester abroad! I am forever thankful for the people I met, the CIEE employees and I am proud of myself for allowing me to do something completely on my own without any previous friends and family. Anyone considering abroad in Spain should put Alicante on their radar.

When we arrive at the airport, I would make sure that the homestay families are waiting outside because when I arrived my family was in their apartment and I had no way of getting into the building and did not know what floor.
Read my full story
female headshot
Brooke

A taste of paradise

My experience in Alicante with CIEE has helped me improve myself and become more independent in so many ways. The program is incredibly organized and the staff are there for you to help with any problem you encounter. There were many classes offered and for my program we only speak in Spanish. Because of this, I have improved my language skills immensely. I also love that you develop a more personal relationship with your professors, because Alicante is a smaller city compared to Madrid and Sevilla. I would recommend Alicante Liberal Arts to any intermediate Spanish speaker who wants to learn in a challenging, yet supportive environment. I can’t wait to come back and visit!

Read my full story