View Other Details
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.
The 3,500-year-old port city of Alicante sits on Spain’s dazzling Mediterranean coast and invites advanced Spanish language students to take their Spanish to the next level while taking courses across academic areas at CIEE Alicante and our partner school, Universidad de Alicante. Students select from courses in arts and humanities, engineering and architecture, health sciences, sciences, social sciences, and law studies – all taught in Spanish. Spend your free time immersed in the community, teaching English to local students. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
- TRAVEL TO ANOTHER AMAZING SPANISH CITY such as Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, Murcia, or Granada.
- LEARN ALONGSIDE PEERS FROM SPAIN and other countries at Universidad de Alicante, one of the country’s newest universities with a modern campus and an international vibe.
- COMMUNICATE WITH SPANISH STUDENTS THROUGH INTERCAMBIOS a linguistic exchange program with Universidad de Alicante students that makes it easy to practice what you are learning and become a part of Spanish student life.
CIEE Scholarships and Grants
CIEE’s need-based grants offer support to students who face financial barriers to studying abroad. CIEE awards need-based grants based on students’ EFCs and program selection. The Gilman Go Global Grant offers students $750-$2,000 toward airfare, plus $2,500 toward semester program costs, or $1,000 toward summer program costs.