CIEE Liberal Arts in Alicante, Spain

COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, CIEE has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily. Learn more about COVID-19 updates and sign up for email notifications to stay tuned regarding program information.

CIEE Study Abroad Alicante, Spain

The 3,500-year-old port city of Alicante sits on Spain’s dazzling Mediterranean coast and invites advanced Spanish language students to take their Spanish to the next level while taking courses across academic areas at CIEE Alicante and our partner school, Universidad de Alicante. Students select from courses in arts and humanities, engineering and architecture, health sciences, sciences, social sciences, and law studies – all taught in Spanish. Spend your free time immersed in the community, teaching English to local students. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.

• TRAVEL TO ANOTHER AMAZING SPANISH CITY such as Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, Murcia, or Granada.
  • LEARN ALONGSIDE PEERS FROM SPAIN and other countries at Universidad de Alicante, one of the country’s newest universities with a modern campus and an international vibe.
  • COMMUNICATE WITH SPANISH STUDENTS THROUGH INTERCAMBIOS a linguistic exchange program with Universidad de Alicante students that makes it easy to practice what you are learning and become a part of Spanish student life.

Updated refund & cancellation policy for flexible, secure booking due to COVID-19

In the unusual event CIEE has to cancel your summer ’20, fall '20, January '21, or spring '21 study abroad or internship program due to a health, safety, or security concern, you’re covered with Program Assurance Advantage.

Learn more >

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Abigail

A truly life-changing experience

If you are looking for an experience that will let you grow in more ways than you could ever imagine all while becoming fluent in Spanish, CIEE liberal arts in Alicante is the program for you! This program has allowed me to be more independent by stepping me outside of my comfort zone. Alicante is an amazing city to learn Spanish and immerse yourself in the culture. The classes in this program are all in Spanish which at first is daunting, but ends up being the best decision. I had so much fun my semester abroad! I am forever thankful for the people I met, the CIEE employees and I am proud of myself for allowing me to do something completely on my own without any previous friends and family. Anyone considering abroad in Spain should put Alicante on their radar.

When we arrive at the airport, I would make sure that the homestay families are waiting outside because when I arrived my family was in their apartment and I had no way of getting into the building and did not know what floor.
Read my full story
female headshot
Brooke

A taste of paradise

My experience in Alicante with CIEE has helped me improve myself and become more independent in so many ways. The program is incredibly organized and the staff are there for you to help with any problem you encounter. There were many classes offered and for my program we only speak in Spanish. Because of this, I have improved my language skills immensely. I also love that you develop a more personal relationship with your professors, because Alicante is a smaller city compared to Madrid and Sevilla. I would recommend Alicante Liberal Arts to any intermediate Spanish speaker who wants to learn in a challenging, yet supportive environment. I can’t wait to come back and visit!

Read my full story