• Spain
    • Seville
Term
Academic Year, Fall, Spring
Communications Global Studies Hispanic Studies History International Relations Language Studies Social Sciences Theology

Program Details

Direct Enrollment
Dormitory Host Family

Pricing

19500
Verto is committed to making our experiences abroad accessible to students from all backgrounds and we offer grants and scholarships for all locations.

The tuition for a Verto Semester Abroad Experience may be reduced by as much as 72% through Verto’s grants and scholarships for students who qualify.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Classes Meals Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

Accommodation Activities Classes Meals Wifi

What's Not Included
Airfare Domestic Airfare SIM cards Travel Insurance Visa
What's Not Included (Extra)

Airfare Domestic Airfare SIM cards Travel Insurance Visa

Sep 08, 2022
Feb 23, 2023
0 travelers are looking at this program

Spend Your First Semester of College in Spain!

Soak up the passionate energy of Seville through its delicious food, world-class art, dynamic history, and rich traditions.

With Verto, you'll:
• Explore Spain's delicious tapas, lively flamenco, spirited futbol games, and more!
• Earn 12-16 official college credits.
• Take inspiring courses based on hands-on learning and cultural immersion.
• Gain admission and transfer seamlessly to one of our 70+ U.S. partner colleges to finish your degree!

Program Highlights

• Flex your Spanish and get to know the local way of life during your homestay.
  • Discover religious and historic architecture on day trips to Córdoba or Cádiz.
  • Put on your dancing shoes for a “Sevillanas” folk dance workshop.
  • Get out in nature while kayaking the Guadalquivir River or hiking in Sierra Norte.

Verto Opportunity Grant & Verto Scholars Award

The Verto Education Opportunity Grant ($5,000-$14,000) can reduce tuition by as much as 72%. Funding is awarded based on Expected Family Contribution (determined by the FAFSA). Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 to qualify.

The Verto Scholars Award ($5,000) is offered to incoming students based on their high school GPA. Applicants with a GPA of 3.5 or higher will automatically be given a Verto Scholars Award.

$5,000 - $17,000

• 5 rating 40%
  • 4 rating 60%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
John

Verto in Spain

Verto in Seville is very freeing. I personally chose to live with a host family who are some of the most fun people i’ve ever met. They have a family with dogs and kids and we eat meals together every day and go out on occasion too. They have made me feel like part of the family and I am grateful for them. On weekend I go and take trips to different Spanish cities. Classes are unique and I would definitely recommend the program. They offer lots of different opportunity for financial aid and the program is diverse.

Pros
  • Freedom
  • Travel
1 person found this review helpful.
Kia

Verto Seville, Spain

This program was awesome for my son. He has been able to meet awesome people that I’m hoping he will continue to keep in touch with for years to come. The experience that he had in Spain will help to continue to shape his bright future. I feel that this program allowed him to learn more about himself and grow in areas that he wouldn’t have if he did not study abroad. Not only has he had the opportunity to immerse himself in another culture but also to be paid as a photographer while he was there.

Pros
  • Being immersed in the culture
Cynthia

Life changing!

This experience changed my life in all the right ways! I have grown from this experience so much more than expected and I’m just getting that closer to my dream and I would not have done that without this program. This has been a blessing to me and trust me academics wise I’ve learned so much and For some reason it’s always felt so difficult for me to understand concepts with subjects but the teachers here just know how to teach right. I’ve also met life long friends and it’s just amazing all around:) I love it here!

Pros
  • 100% free healthcare
  • Great academics
  • Life long friends
Cons
  • Away from home:(
  • Warm and cold weird weather
Shauri

Verto Education Spain

My time abroad with verto education has been incredible and I will never forget it. Verto and its teachers singlehandedly reinvigorated my passion for education. In my 15 years of being a student, I've never had such perfect grades and had the ability to participate in extracurricular activities while continuing to travel to other places in Europe. The Verto team really goes above and beyond to make your experience as smooth as possible (visas, housing & food, commuting). I love Verto and I would specifically recommend it to anybody who is questioning the path of a college education. I took two gap years before this and now I plan to obtain a doctorate in the future. That's how amazing it is.

Pros
  • Incredible staff
  • Passionate Professors
  • Access to travel throughout europe for a cheaper price
Cons
  • not everyone speaks english, but thats to be expected!
Raul

A Genuine Education Experience

This semester in Sevilla has been exceptional. My teachers are not only knowledgeable in their fields, but are genuine and amazing human beings. They have made taking in the sights and history of this city so much easier and have found their own ways to tie it back to what we learn in class. I think the greatest example of this is the way that my current English teacher encourages us to go out into new environments throughout the city during class to fully imerse ourselves in Sevillan culture. An overall amazing learning journey.

Planning is the key to managing life and school. Manage your time with classes to be able to experience and immerse yourself in Sevillan culture.