AIFS Study Abroad in Barcelona, Spain: January Term

Earn 3-semester credits studying abroad during your January break in Barcelona, Spain! Study International Business or Spanish Art and Cultural Heritage at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, both taught in English.

Live in a Spanish homestay or select a student apartment for a small supplement. Breakfast and dinner are provided in the homestay Monday through Friday. Apartment students receive a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of purchasing meals and groceries.

You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as flamenco shows, guided city walks, a "tapas tour", visits to museums, monuments, and cultural sites, Spanish cooking classes, and traditional Spanish music and dance performances. A day trip to Montserrat and Sitges is also included.

• “Tapas” tour and visit to La Sagrada Família and Parque Güell
  • Day trip to Montserrat and Sitges
  • Live in a Spanish homestay
  • Earn 3 credits studying Spanish art and cultural heritage or international business
  • Over 50% of students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of grants or scholarships

Gina

J-Term AIFS Barcelona

Like many students today, I knew I wanted to study abroad, but was somewhat nervous about taking the first step. When I was browsing options and programs online, AIFS caught my eye due to their easy to navigate website, awesome photos and descriptions of their programs, and hearing great reviews from my peers. When I sent my initial email to the program coordinator, I had nothing but exceptional support throughout the entire process, via phone and email. Whenever I had an issue, my resident director was there to provide support, regardless of the situation. Purchasing the AIFS flight plan made my travel details even easier, because transportation was already determined, meaning I was less afraid about leaving the country by myself. Overall, I would rate my experience a 10/10.

My program was exceptional, no improvements necessary.