Spain: Valencia - Spanish Culture, Language, STEM Disciplines

Live and learn in Valencia, one of Spain’s most cosmopolitan cities, while focusing your studies on Spanish language/culture and business. Its location on the Mediterranean coast and status as one of Spain’s most cultural and cutting-edge cities means that you can attend stimulating courses at one of Spain’s most beautiful and sustainable campuses, round off your day by visiting museums or performing arts venues, and grab a casual or upscale meal at one of the cities internationally-renowned eateries.

You will have the opportunity to study the Spanish language and the intricacies of Spanish culture, history, and society through a wide selection of academic courses, supplemented by included field trips.

• Live in a cutting-edge city rich in culture—with picturesque museums, historic monuments, modern performing arts venues, and the City of Arts and Sciences, a unique complex devoted to scientific and cultural dissemination.
  • Complete up to three semesters of university Spanish language coursework in only one semester or focus on STEM prerequisites.
  • Explore the third-largest city in Spain on Valencia’s 120+ kilometers of bike lanes and garden causeways that connect this bike-friendly city’s most important and desirable areas.
  • Enjoy all that this coastal city has to offer, from miles of beaches, to seaside promenades, ocean sports, and access to l’Oceanographic, the largest marine center in Europe

Mason

One Year

I decided to do the yearlong program in València, Spain. I was a bit hesitant at first. But once I started getting into a routine with school and other events it really was an amazing time! The support that the on-site advisors offer is second to none. Sara, Sylvia and Adhara, they were always there to help whenever we needed it. No matter the time of day, and always happy to see you. Exploring the city of Valencia is also one of the most rewarding things to do. Taking tours to learn about they history of the city is fantastic. Especially if you become a tour guide for friends or family that are visiting you! With the university being so close to the beach, it is almost required that you go after class! Especially in the summer time, beginning of the fall semester and the end of the spring one. València is the third biggest city in Spain. But is still offers that small town sort of vibe. I never felt unsafe or at risk no matter the time of day. It is also a great hub for traveling to other counties if that suits you. I for one took advantage of that. A total of 12 counties under my belt, but still ready to see more!

Maybe have some classes that have more international students in them. Or even classes with students from the home university. It kinda felt as if we were in our own bubble in the university.
Maria

Great experience

I have nothing but great memories about my experience in Valencia with USAC! I had a wonderful time! The USAC staff was so kind and helpful, plus our host university was not just beautiful, but also had really good teachers as well. The city was beautiful and filled with so many activities and great places to visit. The housing arrangements were really nice and close to downtown. I loved my time there. It left me with great memories and great friends. 10/10 no question about it.

Add more USAC planned activities!
William

USAC Valencia

I loved studying in Valencia. The city is a great size and full of museums and parks. My Spanish classes were great and there were several fun activity classes I took as well. My university was under a mile from the beach. Plenty of great restaurants and I met a lot of Spanish and other European students also studying abroad. The program staff was very helpful. They encouraged us to speak Spanish with them but were happy to help in English at any time. The students who lived in home stays generally liked it. I lived in the apartment with most of the other USAC students and a lot of ERASMUS students.

Classes with Spanish students would have been cool