SAI Programs :: Study Abroad at Elisava, Barcelona

SAI Programs :: Study Abroad at Elisava, Barcelona

Founded in 1961, Elisava was the first school of design to open in Spain and throughout its history the school has maintained its position as a pioneering institution. Elisava is located in the historical center of Barcelona, just a few blocks from the Mediterranean Sea. La Rambla, the Gothic Quarter, Gaudi’s iconic works of architecture, and many of the city’s most famous sights are within walking distance of Elisava.

SAI Programs is a complete study abroad program offering comprehensive and affordable educational programs paired with exciting cultural experiences in five Italian cities, as well as Paris, London, and Barcelona. Our programs include US university credit and our host schools are considered among the finest in their respective academic areas.

Europe » Spain » Barcelona
Statement of Purpose

Marisa
Indiana

SAI's Barcelona/Elisava Program

SAI is incredibly put together! Had an amazing experience with them from pre-departure days all the way through till the end. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to study abroad in a heart beat. Mireia, the program coordinator for Barcelona, is more than perfect for her position. She is impossible not to love, and without her, I definitely wouldn't have had the amazing time that I did. As for Elisava, I think it was a great school that helped me view design in a completely different way than I was used to. It's a prestigious school that will look amazing on resume!

Elisava could have done a much better job with their criteria in some classes, and the teachers they chose to teach them.

Alyssa
Denver
Colorado State University

Exceeded my expectations

I had a wonderful time in Barcelona with SAI and Elisava. SAI was very helpful and accommodating during my time here. I could not have asked for better on site staff or the excursions provided. I loved the fact that the program was smaller, about 20 people, because it allowed everyone to get closer and the excursions were more personal. Elisava was a little disappointing in regards to helpfulness but I did enjoy the tours around the city with my classes

Kajsa
Seattle
Washington State University

Always there for you

SAI was an amazing help throughout my whole study abroad experience. From day one to nearly our last Mieria (program coordinator) was there to help me with what ever I needed. The school was really nice, a lot of projects with limited tests. We have several activities through the program and I recommed attending each one. We got to see so many amazing places and had unique experiences. Our housing was a beautiful apartment in a very central location. The housing agency was very helpful to work with as well.

One more weekend excursion

Collin
Springfield, Missouri

SAI BCN A+

My study abroad experience was one of my favorite semesters throughout college. There is not one thing I would've changed about my semester. SAI is an incredible program. They are so helpful and kind. Our Barcelona Program Coordinator, Mireia, was truly incredible. Mireia is so helpful and caring, she made the experience even better. I am so thankful that I ended up studying through SAI programs and had Mireia as my coordinator.

Sally
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Oklahoma State University

Dual City- Furniture Design 2 Review in Barcelona

We went on visits of furniture companies and we built a full scale model out of cardboard. I was able to sit on my model piece, but I found it difficult that the teachers wouldn't let me do what I felt like as a designer. My design changed a lot in the process and it was a great design but I didn't feel like it was my own creation. The cardboard was a difficult medium especially since we didn't have a lot of resources for the rest of the materials we needed to build it. We never got scissors and it was almost the last day when we finally got hot glue. Our lunch was suppose to be from 1-2 pm everyday but it was sporadic and on the last day we didn't get a lunch break. I learned a lot about the design process and how to make a full scale model, however, I wish the professors were a little more helpful and more structured. The time allocated wasn't enough to build a full scale model and I had to come in early or stay late multiple times and it was expected of me to do so.

I would prefer it be taught by one teacher and then an assistant instead of two teachers that switch off. I had to tell each one what I was thinking and I felt like it wasted a lot of time since they had two very different opinions.

With headquarters located just north of San Francisco, SAI Programs was founded in 1995 to serve as the US admissions office for an Italian art institute in Florence. Since that time, SAI has expanded into a full-service international education organization, working with partner schools throughout