SAI Programs: Study Abroad at Elisava in Barcelona, Spain

Study abroad in Barcelona

SAI invites you to experience cutting-edge design at the Elisava Barcelona School for Design and Engineering! Elisava's design-centered programs prepare students for the professional world and promote close collaboration with companies, institutions and universities around the world.
SAI students at Elisava immerse themselves in a dynamic and cosmopolitan learning environment populated by scholars and instructors from around the world, while enjoying SAI’s famous student services, including excursions, activities, and a dedicated onsite support staff. SAI oversees and coordinates all aspects of student enrollment, including application processing, course selection and credit, visa advising, housing, student health insurance, and transcripts.

• Study design in Barcelona, a hub for creativity and cultural richness.
  • Highly-skilled teaching staff composed of professionals in design fields.
  • Exceptional art and design facilities and exhibition space available.
  • Enjoy SAI's 360° Services

Darian

Amazing Program

I studied at ELISAVA in Spring of 2019 and it is definitely worth your time and money. Don't be fooled into thinking this school will be easier than your home university though. ELISAVA is a world renown design school and their teaching staff are a good example of why. You can really make some great connections a learn a lot (don't worry you can still travel on the weekends). My SAI program coordinators were there to answer any questions at all steps of the process and our excursions/trips were so fun. Barcelona is a city that has a lot going on and it can be a really fun place to be. You'll get tons of advice on what things to see and food to try and meet a lot of people from all over the world. There is so much to love about the program it cannot be put into a small review.

Most of southern Europe (Barcelona in particular) have these bazaars all over. They are the equivalent to dollar stores and they are a cheap resource for any house supplies or school supplies you might need. It saved me so much money.
Marisa

SAI's Barcelona/Elisava Program

SAI is incredibly put together! Had an amazing experience with them from pre-departure days all the way through till the end. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to study abroad in a heart beat. Mireia, the program coordinator for Barcelona, is more than perfect for her position. She is impossible not to love, and without her, I definitely wouldn't have had the amazing time that I did. As for Elisava, I think it was a great school that helped me view design in a completely different way than I was used to. It's a prestigious school that will look amazing on resume!

Elisava could have done a much better job with their criteria in some classes, and the teachers they chose to teach them.
Alyssa

Exceeded my expectations

I had a wonderful time in Barcelona with SAI and Elisava. SAI was very helpful and accommodating during my time here. I could not have asked for better on site staff or the excursions provided. I loved the fact that the program was smaller, about 20 people, because it allowed everyone to get closer and the excursions were more personal. Elisava was a little disappointing in regards to helpfulness but I did enjoy the tours around the city with my classes

Kajsa

Always there for you

SAI was an amazing help throughout my whole study abroad experience. From day one to nearly our last Mieria (program coordinator) was there to help me with what ever I needed. The school was really nice, a lot of projects with limited tests. We have several activities through the program and I recommed attending each one. We got to see so many amazing places and had unique experiences. Our housing was a beautiful apartment in a very central location. The housing agency was very helpful to work with as well.

One more weekend excursion
Collin

SAI BCN A+

My study abroad experience was one of my favorite semesters throughout college. There is not one thing I would've changed about my semester. SAI is an incredible program. They are so helpful and kind. Our Barcelona Program Coordinator, Mireia, was truly incredible. Mireia is so helpful and caring, she made the experience even better. I am so thankful that I ended up studying through SAI programs and had Mireia as my coordinator.

Sally

Dual City- Furniture Design 2 Review in Barcelona

We went on visits of furniture companies and we built a full scale model out of cardboard. I was able to sit on my model piece, but I found it difficult that the teachers wouldn't let me do what I felt like as a designer. My design changed a lot in the process and it was a great design but I didn't feel like it was my own creation. The cardboard was a difficult medium especially since we didn't have a lot of resources for the rest of the materials we needed to build it. We never got scissors and it was almost the last day when we finally got hot glue. Our lunch was suppose to be from 1-2 pm everyday but it was sporadic and on the last day we didn't get a lunch break. I learned a lot about the design process and how to make a full scale model, however, I wish the professors were a little more helpful and more structured. The time allocated wasn't enough to build a full scale model and I had to come in early or stay late multiple times and it was expected of me to do so.

I would prefer it be taught by one teacher and then an assistant instead of two teachers that switch off. I had to tell each one what I was thinking and I felt like it wasted a lot of time since they had two very different opinions.

Staff Interviews

About SAI Programs

Since 1995, SAI has provided students with exceptional cultural and educational experiences abroad, offering the opportunity to enroll in some of the finest schools available to English speaking students in Europe. SAI is dedicated to providing...