The ISLE Program has been affiliated with the University of Peradeniya in Kandy, Sri Lanka since 1982. ISLE provides a unique combination of high-quality academics, cultural immersion, and experiential learning.
Sri Lanka is a multi-ethnic, multi-religious country that presents numerous opportunities for academic research and exploration. From important Buddhist pilgrimage sites to colonial tea estates, the island's strategic location in the Indian Ocean has placed it at the center of international trade for millennia.
Develop the tools to navigate Sri Lanka as a cultural insider and informed researcher. This fascinating island is your classroom as you learn the local language, live with host families and conduct an Independent Study Project on one of its deeply-rooted traditions or contemporary post-war challenges.
- Set yourself apart by participating in the only academic and cultural immersion program in Sri Lanka
- Become part of the family with a homestay that offers an intimate look at daily Sri Lankan life and cultural traditions
- Gain valuable experience and give your resume a boost by conducting independent field-based research
- Take courses with faculty at the historic and prestigious University of Peradeniya
- Travel throughout the island to learn about its diverse populations, environments and social issues
IFSA Scholarships and Financial Aid
We believe that study abroad should be within reach of every student, so we offer a wide range of scholarships and funding opportunities for all our participants.