Young Adult Veterinary Service

Young Adult Veterinary Service

This Veterinary Service program is for students and young adults ages 21-30. It follows the same curriculum as our College Veterinary Service program, but includes free nights and weekends so that students can explore on their own or in small groups, customizing their experience and allowing for a little more free time.

Asia » Thailand » Chiang Mai
Asia » Thailand

Astrid
Houston, TX

An amazing experience!

Those two weeks in Thailand were amazing and beyond what I expected. Our teachers, Ruth and Jordan, were helpful, patient, and taught us so much. Loop did a great job partnering these two ladies together. Not only were they awesome teachers, but they were also strangers turned into lifelong friends, along with the others girls in the Young Adult Vet group.

The classes taught us many basics of what goes on in the vet field and we were able to have hands on practice with the dogs and cats of ARK. At ENP, we worked closely with elephants following them around and doing diet studies. We were also able to do some chores, feed the elephants, bathe them, and work a little in their animal clinic.

The housing accommodations for both our week in Chiang Mai and ENP were great. The food options provided for us during our week in Chiang Mai were also great! There was a variety to choose from for our lunch breaks; I ate something different every day! At ENP, it was all vegetarian, but I still managed to eat something filling every single day.

Overall, this was an adventure I will never forget. If there is some advice I like to give people now, it is to take that leap and study abroad! You will not regret it!

Meghan
El Paso, Texas
New Mexico State University

Trip of a lifetime!

This trip was an excellent combination of learning about vet services on companion animals as well as exotic animals and at the same time giving back to the community. My experience was amazing! Everything on my trip went so smoothly. Well organized and professional group of people that made my trip that much more enjoyable. I learned very valuable skills that I will carry on throughout my life and the duration of my future career in vet medicine.

Its hard to really decide what needs to be improved because my trip was so perfect! I would of liked a little more Elephant vet rounds.

This is Loop Abroad's 8th year offering exciting animal and teaching programs in Asia and Africa. We offer summer and semester programs for people who love animals, travel, adventure, and authentic experiences. Each program is an opportunity for students to get hands-on experience with greatly