CIEE Summer Community Public Health in Khon Kaen, Thailand

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, CIEE has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Kids at the Village of Lao Noi
Kids at the Village of Lao Noi
Cow herders in Thailand
Cow herders in Thailand

According to the World Health Organization, Thailand has “a long and successful history of health development,” yet it continues to struggle with public health issues such as HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis. Spend your summer learning about these challenges during CIEE’s Summer Community Public Health program. Through intensive courses, a two-week field research practicum in a small Thai community, site visits, and more, you’ll help to make a difference while developing your Thai language skills and exploring this beautiful country.

Study abroad in Thailand and you’ll:

-Visit a hospital ward and the provincial offices of the Ministry of Public Health
-Spend two weeks in a small Thai community doing a research and intervention project
-Meditate in a forest temple, try your hand at Thai cooking, and more

Updated refund & cancellation policy for flexible, secure booking due to COVID-19

In the unusual event CIEE has to cancel your summer ’20, fall '20, January '21, or spring '21 study abroad or internship program due to a health, safety, or security concern, you’re covered with Program Assurance Advantage.

Learn more >

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Rida

Study Abroad Experience

I had the opportunity to study abroad through CIEE on the CPH Program during the summer of 2017. As many people say about their study abroad experience, it was the greatest experience of my life. Thailand is the most beautiful and culturally vibrant country I have been to. My favorite part of living in Khon Kaen was that it wasn't a touristy city, so we got to experience living like the locals do and practicing our Thai language. The staff at the CIEE study center were extremely helpful and nice. They really cared for us and made us feel at home. My favorite part of the trip were the community visits to the village we stayed in. The program also has many other field trips, so we were able to see different hospitals and centers. I would recommend this program to anyone looking for a different cultural experience and wanting an adventure!