CIS Abroad - Summer in Thailand

CIS Abroad - Summer study abroad in Bangkok, Thailand

This immersive program will place you alongside Thai and other international students on a modern campus just outside of Bangkok. Choose from a variety of courses to count towards your major/minor or electives - a great variety offered in English, as well as Thai language and culture. Uncertain about living conditions in Thailand? Worry no more! You'll live in modern student apartments with tons of amenities, including an outdoor pool, gym, restaurant, convenience store, and rooftop terrace. Outside of your studies, you can expect plenty of social and cultural activities organized both by the university and our on-site staff.

• Comprehensive and affordable program that won't break the bank
  • Study at one of the most well-regarded universities in Asia
  • Tons of courses in English, as well as Thai language and culture
  • Easy travel to neighboring Southeast Asian countries

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Carissa

Experience of a lifetime

I got the chance to study abroad for a summer trimester in this amazing and beautiful country. Thailand has so much beautiful culture to offer and I’m so grateful for being able to study in this country for a month. I studied at Mahidol University and took an Intro to Thai Language course which definitely came in handy! I cannot even begin to explain how beautiful the temples, the elephant sanctuary and the different provinces I visited (Krabi Island, Chiang Mai and Bangkok) are. It was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. Between the classes, the excursions, the interaction with locals and the overall beautiful way of Thai life I wouldn’t have changed any aspect of my experience there. CISAbroad had awesome staff to help us with everything we needed and always made sure we were taken care of. I learned a lot about not only Thai culture, but about myself and my capabilities as well. If your thinking about choosing Thailand and your study abroad destination, I definitely recommend it and I think you will have the most amazing time!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I think my most nerve wrecking moment was when I visited one of the most popular party scenes in Thailand while abroad, also known as Khaosan Road. I generally am not a person who goes out to large parties so I didn’t know what to expect. I felt uncomfortable at first because there were so many people and that is when I really experienced culture shock. The language barrier was also very difficult at first but I made my way through and was able to make the most of my experience. I loved Thailand and even though there were few obstacles I had to overcome, I still gained a lot of valuable experience.