Full TEFL Sponsorships for all English First Teachers in 2020

EF English First, a division of EF Education First, is the world’s leading privately owned education company. Founded in 1965, EF operates in 53 countries around the world. We have vacancies for teaching positions in 60+ cities across China, so if you enjoy the fast pace of cities like Shanghai, or if you'd rather be immersed in the more traditional culture of a smaller city, we have the position for you.

Full arrival support (and beyond!) includes:
•Preparing your legal work visa
•Airport pickup
•Free hotel
•Free Chinese lessons (it is not necessary to speak Chinese to live and work in China)
•Support network of over 2,000 teachers across 60+ cities in China
•Invitations to regular social and cultural events

There’s so much to experience when you live abroad, and EF English First will help you make the most of this great opportunity.

• Free Foundation TEFL sponsorship
  • Upfront paid flights to many locations
  • Ongoing professional development training
  • Compensation package up to 16,400rmb
  • Over 200 schools located in over 60 cities across China

Hi Charles! China visa regulations state that a male must be between the ages of 18-60, while a female's age range is 18-55. Please note, if you would turn one of these ages during the length of your visa, China will not issue the visa. For example, if a man is 59 and his 60th birthday would occur during his year overseas, China would not issue the visa. I hope this information helps. Sincerely...

• 9-10 rating 56.1%
  • Benefits 8.1
  • Facilities 8
Nick

Great Experience

EF is a great company to teach in China, especially for new teachers and people moving abroad for the first time. Their staff was really helpful throughout the visa process and made me feel welcome upon arriving in China. Their assistance was great and helped me feel settled in China right away. At work, I had professional training and guidance that helped me feel comfortable as a teacher. I worked in a diverse center with teachers and staff from all over the world and was given the opportunity to be myself inside and outside the classroom. EF is also a massive company with frequent opportunities to develop as both a teacher and professional.

Overall, I would recommend teaching with EF to anyone who wants to experience something new and exciting in a safe and supportive environment.

Skye

Perfect opportunity for someone looking to travel while adding to your resume!

I joined EF right out of University because I wanted to live abroad and travel in Asia. The recruitment team was super helpful in the Visa process and we were given proper training when we arrived which was perfect because I hadn't taught before. I got to visit several places in China and three other countries including Cambodia, the Philippines, and Japan in my first year which was what I was looking for. I've made friends from around the world and I was able to travel with them as well. The students were adorable and respectful and I will miss them dearly when I finish teaching. Overall I've enjoyed my time with EF and I'm happy I decided to make the move after I graduated. I planned on staying 1 year but am into my 2nd with no plans on leaving any time soon!

Juraj
United Kingdom

Great time teaching

EF made it very easy to come over and teach. The visa process was very easy and I always had help to renew my contract. it was very straight forward. I came over and had a great experience with my recruiter who works for EF. After getting all my documents together I was able to get my Work Visa and came to China and started teaching. There were always fun activities and trips that the company planned for us, they weren't mandatory so we were able to choose which ones to go to. the weekend was pretty free so I was able to organize my own trips. the international community at the school was also very big, and I had friends that came from different places in the world. I have south African, American, Canadian and British colleagues I was able to socialize with during work and after. EF is a fun place to work but also a great place to develop yourself as a teacher and as an international professional.

Vicki
China

Wonderful Experience about TRT Events

In past few months, I've attended many TRT events, which were wonderful and well-organized. Normally, I will receive the TRT information every month and sign up for it and I will receive more detailed information from organizer. The most impressive one for me is Sip and Paint event, I had a great time of painting, as well as my colleagues from other schools. Before that, I always try to look for the similar workshops to practice my painting skill. Moreover, the environment and the vibe were so relaxing. After taking part in those TRT events, I think I got the chance to meet more friends from other schools and had a great time to communicate with them. Besides, I got more chances to spend my spare time and experience more new stuff. Thanks for TRT events, I always have the chances to achieve my life goals.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I think the most surprising thing that I've done was the baseball event. Before that, I had no ideas about what the baseball really is. Thanks the lovely colleagues from other school, they helped me how to hit the baseball correctly. I can't believe that I could hit the baseball till the end!!!
Response from EF English First

Hi Vicki!

Thank you for the positive feedback. We're so glad to hear that you've been enjoying our Teacher Recruitment & Training (TRT) events. These events are a monthly highlight for us and I know that our engagement team spends a lot of time thinking about fun and unique events to help our teachers get together and experience something new.

LeAnna
Canada

Awesome Support & Community

I've really enjoyed my time with EF. They've helped me at each step of the way, whether it was with getting my visa documents together or with my professional development. The days are often fast-paced, but my Managers really seem to care and offer support whenever possible.

EF has provided me with different opportunities to travel, which is something that I've valued. There have also been a lot of local events to attend, some just for fun and others for career building. It means that there's always something to do. It's been a great transition to life in China, and it's helpful knowing that there's a large network of people to connect with whether it's for travel or help.

I'm a career changer and was unsure of what life would be like in the Teaching sector, but it's really been an amazing adventure and I'm glad I took the leap! It's awesome knowing that the work I do is making a difference in hundreds of lives each year.

Yuri

English First Teaching

Coming out of university I didn't know what to do. Thankfully I found English First and was given the opportunity to teach in China. I have been able to grow so much during my time, learning how to live in another country and teach has been an incredible experience.

The onboarding process was second to none and the visa team ensured that everything is done to the highest of standards. I was also given time to learn how to become a teacher, first observing, then co-teaching and finally having more experience teachers observe me and give me developmental points to improve.

After half a year I was moved into a more senior role due to my work ethic, which was another amazing developmental experience. Learning how to mentor new teachers and run trainings for staff is something I can take forward into other areas of my career.

Andrew

Fantastic Place to Work

Enjoy working for EF. Worked for the company back in the UK and now in China. Strong organisational structure, very effective management. Benefits are great.

You get to interact with people from so many different backgrounds, having a strong community of employees and staff makes it really exciting when visiting new places, and interacting with colleagues.

During my time working here I have interacted with management who have looked at collaboration, allowed me to run with my own ideas and become more creative in my role. Extra activities have been really interesting to be a part of, and much is very forward thinking and at the forefront of the industry.

The role has been challenging to allow me to develop my skills and grow, and the team has been fantastic at helping me settle into a new life, and new country!

Joanne

First Time Teacher Living in Beijing!

EF provides its employees the opportunity to grow and develop within the company. I started with the company as a teacher and have now moved on to be a part of the Teacher Recruitment and Training team. Before arriving in China I had never taught before, everything I know about teaching I learned through EF’s training and development opportunities. EF provides a lot of development opportunities but it takes good performance, as well as personal motivation and determination to achieve these milestones.

I believe that traveling is one of the best ways to grow, while learning about yourself and the people around you. I’ve learned more about myself and what I’m passionate about through my experiences of living and working in China. My transition to China wouldn’t have been the same without EF’s assistance with the Visa process and my first weeks in Beijing!

When I arrived in China, I came in with a group of teachers that were experiencing the same things as me. Mostly excitement, but of course some fear, as most of us were moving abroad on our own for the first time. These people not only became colleagues, they ended up becoming, roommates, gym partners, travel buddies, and friends. The support system that EF initially facilitates by putting a group of people in the same training room, organically grew to become much more.

Wouldn’t necessarily think of this as a con and more of an adjustment. I was used to a regular work week (8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday) so I had to adjust myself to working on the weekends and having my days off during the week. This actually ended up being better than expected because I was able to enjoy the city and tourist cites without all the tourists! It definitely gave you the feel of exploring the city as a local.