Gold Star TEFL Recruitment: Live and Teach in China

The best jobs with the best schools across China

We are looking for qualified teachers with the passion and talent to deliver exceptional English education at leading schools across China. Our high academic standards and enjoyable learning environment have established our schools as the very best in the industry. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to work in an established school as part of a supportive teaching team where you creativity will be valued and you teaching will really make a difference to students’ lives.

Gold Star
We are English owned and managed, based in China and have over 6 years experience in the TEFL industry. We are an independent recruitment agent so you benefit from impartial, unbiased job advice and have access to the best and most recent jobs from a variety of English schools across China.

There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.

• Benefits 8.9
  • Facilities 8.7
Shannon
Shannon

A Newcomer in China

Jessica, and Gold Star Recruitment, were amazing. They were very efficient and helped to point me in the right direction so that I could find a good job in China. The job contacting process was very quick, it took less than a week for them to send me a nice job option. They were also very helpful when I had questions about the interview process. I would definitely recommend Gold Star Recruitment to any new teachers wanting to find jobs overseas.

If possible, please give more information on your job listings. Also if possible, separate them into categories, perhaps by location of the job, what type of location it is (city or country), or employer.
Kapil

Fast, Efficient, Gets Results!

I can't say more positive things about GoldStar Recruiting and Jessica.

This is a first class organisation. Jessica makes things extremely easy for her clients. She reaches out to you, reaches out to the company that your interested in applying for, and then you're connected with said company 1-3 days later. In the two times that I've used this service, I had interviews with my chosen companies within a few days. I highly recommend this service for everyone.

Already perfect
Lauren

Gold Star TEFL Review

The service was very quick, and they sent me a lot of options! I was pleased with the results. I just simply e-mailed them, and received a response within one day. Christine did an excellent job getting the information to the potential employers, and answered all of my questions quickly and efficiently. I would recommend this site if you are looking to obtain a TEFL job very soon! This is a good service for anyone who is ready to teach and live abroad.

Kyle

Good recruiter that sets up good oppertunities

Jessica and Goldstar recruitment was a huge help in finding a TEFL job in China. After sending my resume to goldstar and my preference in location and teaching children, Jessica sent me information of five schools and from there I chose three to apply for. The job I would eventually take and have is amazing, the staff at York English have been welcoming and helpful for every corner. The city in China I am living in (Fuzhou) is exciting and everyday I keep on seeing new crazy things. Thanks to goldstar I found a great fit in a school here in China.

Antonia

"Gold Star TEFL Recruitment - A very professional and reliable recruiting company"

Gold Star is an excellent recruitment agency. They have been offering a completely free recruitment service to teachers for over 8 years. They really try to match suitable teachers with suitable schools. The staff is very professional and reliable. When I decided to get a teaching job in China I did a research about the best recruitment companies in this country and I decided to register with Gold Star. This agency was mentioned in several websites and had good reviews in the book "Teaching English Abroad 2015" by Susan Griffith published by Teaching House. I put my CV on their website and a few days later, I was doing interviews. Jessica Tsai was the recruitment consultant I dealt with and she was very helpful and professional.
They have friendly and flexible staff that are on call 24/7. I undoubtedly recommend to any teacher looking for a job in China to register with Gold Star TEFL Recruitment.

Antonia

Gold Star TEFL Recruitment - Very professional and reliable recruiting company

Golden Star is an excellent recruitment agency. They have been offering a completely free recruitment service to teachers for over 8 years. They really try to match suitable teachers with suitable schools. The staff is very professional and reliable. When I decided to get a teaching job in China I did a research about the best recruitment companies in this country, and I decided to register with Gold Star as it was mentioned in several websites as well as in the book "Teaching English Abroad 2015" by Susan Griffith published by Teaching House. I put my CV on their website and a few days later I was doing interviews to get a teaching job in China.

n/a
Cassidy

Thanks Christine!

Thank you to the wonderful staff at Gold Star my partner and I have found a fantastic position in China. initially we were sent a host of potential positions that would be a good fit for us. Christine was so helpful and took the time to write lengthy emails offering advice on which offer would be the best fit for us. She consistently checked up on us during our interview process. I was truly amazed! Go with Gold Star they are an amazing choice to help you realize your dreams.

kagiso

Amazing school and my new home

After making a decision to come and teach in china,i went online and started applying for jobs randomly.Jessica from Gold star quickly responded and arrange three interviews for me,from the three,i got two offers but settled for Top international school in Harbin.Jessica updated me every step of the way and made me feel i was in safe hands.I am very happy at the school and already feel like its my home away from home.

Thank you Jessica for the exceptional service!

Ben

Great job

I was helped by Jessica Tsai- her guidance and professionalism were of the highest standard.
She helped me find the best job and her support and advice was excellent.

I was nervous finding a place and reaching the decision to travel and live and work in another country, especially one so far away, but the help I had, which seemed genuine and from the heart, helped me both emotionally and mentally.

JSlug123

Very professional and led us to a brilliant programme

Aidan from Goldstar was brilliant in recommending what has turned out to be an excellent position in Fuzhou, China. His email responses were always very quick and my girlfriend and I could rely on him for the answer we needed.

There could have been more material provided on the location etc. provided prior to our departure. That said, we didn't ask for anything so perhaps it was on offer.
Paula

Teaching in Shanghai

I first came across Gold Star TEFL in early 2013 when I was looking for teaching jobs in China and I could tell from the start that Gold Star was different from all the others in a positive way: very professional and very resourceful. I soon signed for my first job with EF in Shijiazhuang. This summer Gold Star helped me again find a job with EF in Shanghai, I`m now teaching university students Monday to Friday, which is exactly what I had hopped for, but wasn`t sure whether I was going to find or not. Gold Star offered me exactly what I had asked for and for that I am really grateful! I have already recommended Gold Star to all my friends an will continue to do so! As for the teaching experience itself, it`s always great if you know what you are looking for and if you ask all the questions on your mind before you embark on a new adventure. Shanghai is a great place to teach and live in and I love being here!

Weihai

My Experience

I am appreciative of the support that Gold Star provided. Moving out of the country for the first time can be difficult and they made the process of finding a job easier. I am now living in Weihai China and working for Baowei English First. I enjoy the community and the school very much. I would suggest going through an agency to verify your first job in China. Now that I am here, I know that it is a nice place to live and work.

rono1986

How to find a teaching job near Tianjin!

Jim and Gold Star TEFL Recruitment have been fantastic at helping me find a position teaching in China. Jim has been patient and provided plenty of information and given a lot of his time in helping me choose between schools and cities. As a newly qualified teacher, I can’t recommend Gold Star more highly as they have all the professional services and contacts available at their fingertips. Jim is friendly and experienced in the ESL sector and this has been of great reassurance to me as I embark on a new career in China.

EF Binhai is a positive, welcoming and warm school where staff and students work well together and the students leave with a sense of fulfillment. Located near Tianjin city proper, Tanggu has lots to see and do, not just in TEDA which has a lot of nightlife but the cheap and delicious local restaurants and eating joints in town where the people are friendly and generous.

Burcin

Gold Star TEFL Recruitment

Gold Star is the most trusted recruitment agency you would find if you are looking to teach abroad. They are efficient, honest and highly trustworthy. Moving to a new country is an experience itself, but knowing you are in good hands, all your needs are taken care of by professionals, and receiving all the support you need takes all the pressure off your shoulders which makes a huge difference, even moving to a new house can be stressful. Speaking of my experience, I would recommend Gold Star TEFL Recruitment agency to anyone.

Jadelette

Give Gold Star a Gold Star!

Having made the decision to teach English in China, I began to look through various job boards to get some idea of what was out there. I am so glad I followed a link to Gold Star's website, as I can't imagine anyone being more helpful or making the process any easier! Before I'd even finished my TEFL course Jim was happy to have a detailed conversation about what I was looking for and where in China I would like to work. He asked me to send my paperwork, such as CV and photograph, and he passed these on to schools that matched my criteria. This was such a great help! Within a week I'd been contacted by schools with positions open, in exactly the locations that I was hoping to work. Jim remained in constant contact throughout the visa application and signing of contracts and was always available with help and advice. I anticipated some difficulty because I had not quite finished my TEFL course and my degree certificate had not yet been posted to me. However, Jim was on hand once again to speak to my TEFL tutor and negotiate the sending of transcripts rather than my actual degree certificate.
Since I have been in China, I have found everything to my satisfaction. The housing I have been provided with is fantastic! I have a large room with en suite bathroom and my own balcony! All modern comforts such as fridge, washing machine, shower, western toilet and western mattress are provided and the staff at my school are always on hand to help find anything else I require. The courses I teach at EF are great fun and well structured - with loads of ideas for activities and materials provided. I love working here so much, I've just signed a contract for a second year! I really can't fault my experience in any way! If you are thinking about applying for a position advertised on Gold Star, the advice I'd give is DO IT!! I guarantee you wont regret it! :)

About Gold Star TEFL Recruitment

China is an exciting place to live and teach! With over 7 years of experience in the TEFL industry in China, Gold Star TEFL Recruitment specializes in arranging interviews for English teachers with the very best schools across the country and we do...