TEFL International Prague: Earn your teaching certificate in beautiful Prague

TEFL International Prague: Earn your teaching certificate in beautiful Prague

Our TEFL course is internationally accredited, validated and moderated by TEFL International, which is one of the largest and most respected providers of initial teacher training and certification.

We share our training facilities with Threshold Training Associates, one of the most established and respected language schools in Prague. You will therefore have the chance to meet our serving teachers in the staffroom and pick their brains about TEFL teaching and life in Prague or other cities.

Our social coordinator tailors the social and cultural program according to the interests and tastes of each group; starting with the welcome breakfast and a get-to-know-you dinner with the trainers, trainees and staff on the first day. The other possibilities include theater visits, pub crawls, tours of Prague and trips to surrounding cities, festivals, concerts and clubs.

Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
Price includes:
- Fully-accredited TEFL certificate
- 120+ hours of face-to-face training
- 6+ hours of teaching practice
- 50-hour specialised online course (Business English or Teaching Young Learners)
- Guided tour of Prague on Sunday before the course starts
- Pick up from the apartment on the 1st day of the course
- Welcome breakfast
- Welcome dinner
- All lessons and course materials
- Teaching practices with feedback
- Job guidance session
- Mock interview for a future teaching job
- Possible presentation from a visa agency
- Graduation ceremony with refreshments
- Free tea and coffee
- Access to the library and teaching resources

Price doesn't include:
- Accommodation
- Visa fee

I have to say that the program is great, they present very quality information to prepare someone to teach English as a foreign language! The people there are very nice, the teachers are brilliant and super helpful to newbies in Prague. As for finding work, I think there are lots of options if you are a native English speaker or speak English very clearly with little accent. Also, summer is the be...

• Benefits
  • Facilities
  • Instruction
  • Difficulty
  • Job Assistance

Krimo

Awesome place for the TEFL Course experience

i had such a good time doing my TEFL course at the TEFL International Prague , the trainers are so nice and they helped us through the whole course, they did all their best to meet our needs, the course was very hard, but that's what you expect from an intensive English teaching course
i had to work so hard but i enjoyed it so much. i definitely recommend it to anyone who's looking to get a true experience doing his or her TEFL course

i thought it was fantastic, i loved the program so much

Dustin

Look no further

This is an intense course in a beautiful city. The support and instruction you will receive here are incredible. The input sessions are top-notch, and the coordinator really goes the extra mile to help you navigate your life in Prague.
One of the many pluses is that you will have experience teaching young learners.
If you are looking for a TEFL course that will challenge you, and leave you feeling ready to teach by the time it's done, then this is the course for you.

YILMAZ
Çek Cumhuriyeti

Great experience

I genuinely think that getting a TEFL certificate could not have been any better at any other place. I loved the learning and teaching experiences here. There were great trainers who'd support us all the time. We learned so many different ways of approaching teaching.
The facilities were accessible and in very good conditions. The staff as well as the trainers were very kind and supportive throughout the course.
It was actually difficult to leave the school after the course finished because I enjoyed being there so much.
All in all, Langauge and Training/TEFL International Prague is a great place.
Thank you for the amazing experience.

The location of the school is a bit inconvenient, but other than that, everything was great.

Marianna

Feedback - Gorronova

The course was very helpful. We had a chance to meet many good trainers.
We got a nice help and library facilities. There was a bunch of literature and we could copy whenever we wanted (it was a pity that library closed at 5 pm, I often needed something during the time after lessons).
I liked feedbacks 4 days a week. I also enjoyed a good coffee and tea service as well as friendly staff.
I only disliked 3-hour free time 4 times a week, I didn´t know what to do with this time.

Thank you very much.

Start later in the day, not so long breaks.

Dildora
Uzbekistan, Tashkent.

Amazing and effective experience.

Hi, I am Dildora. I had been looking for the appropriate TEFL course for a long time before I found this particular course. The thing which charmed me most was the instructors who are highly skilled and know the content of their subject perfectly well. Every time I attended classes, I was hooked by their professional knowledge to pass it to us. The supportive stuff was extremely helpful. They were ready to assist us and to respond to our first call. Despite the fact that the assignments were a bit challenging I managed to complete them in time because Christine and Tereza were ready to assist me with patience and calm. We were one team during that intensive month. Tears, laugh, happiness, critics, knowledge, skills, wonderful moments were the part of my life in Prague. I will never sorry that I did the course. Gained skills has totally changed my teaching strategies. Prague is a mysterious city to discover and it is in the heart of Europe which gave me a great opportunity to travel around the Europe. Our lovely Kristyna (a TEFL coordinator) really helpful with our travel maps, routes and even with tickets. TEFL International is not myth it is real. It splendid course to discover your teaching abilities.

More time for library research. You have a lot of books but I was not able to read and look through them all it is sad.

Eva
Poland

An excellent experience

The TEFL course was very intense, and the teachers are real fountains of knowledge. I had had some experience as a teacher before the course, but this TEFL course gave me an excellent opportunity to improve my skills through a detailed feedback and loads of great suggestions and interesting ideas. I can recommend it to everyone who wants to become a better teacher or start his/her career with a solid base.

Anuja
Mangalore

Wonderful experience

The TEFL course through TEFL International, Prague was conducted professionally with a range of highly competent, experienced and helpful trainers. They were open and welcoming, offering their suggestions, advice and opinions whenever called upon. The course prepares you for life as an English teacher with both the advantages that comes with it as well as some of the disadvantages that you might have to be prepared to face if you really want to make it in this field (I'm saying this from the point of view of a non native speaker, these challenges are not faced by native speakers of English) If nothing, I'm glad that I got to learn so much whilst living in a city as beautiful as Prague. It was worth the experience.

Ashley
Chillicothe

A wonderful experience

This TEFL course was an amazing experience! The trainers were extremely knowledgeable and helpful in guiding us through the course with well planned materials and activities. They were dedicated to our success and truly prepared us for teaching English as a foreign language. They also made sure that we had time on the weekends for touring Prague. I had the time of my life and am very thankful for this TEFL certificate and the opportunities it will bring!

Gemma
Edinburgh, Scotland
University of Edinburgh

Quality Instruction in a Whimsical City.

Prague is a magical city and must be seen in person in order for you to absorb the wonderful energy, culture and history throughout the city. The staff at the school go above and beyond to provide a positive experience for you. From providing top quality tuition from very knowledgeable tutors to making sure you feel welcome and enjoy your stay in Prague. Your career development is their main concern and they will help you every step of the way! Would definitely recommend this course to a friend.

That a few more people would attend this amazing course as class was very small.

Lenka

Professional Approach

I would higly recommend Language and Training s.r.o./ TEFL International Prague for its professional approach throughout the course. Extremely experienced, helpful and supportive teachers with different teaching styles (so much to learn from). Not just for the reasons already mentioned but also for the school´s surroundings, easy access and and its equipment I never regretted my decision to take the course there. Most important of all, the support and encouragement given not just by the tutors but all (friendly) staff resulted in building my confidence. Within a week of completing the course I have 3 offers from different language schools in Prague. Thank you all at Language and Training s.r.o. - I would not be as successful without your professional approach, teaching experience and more importantly genuine interest in my development.
Lenka Collins

Louis
Belfast Ireland
Stranmillis University College

Fantastic

Course was fantastic. Intellectually stimulating and challenging throughout. Very enjoyable, I would 100% recommend. I had a great time with the staff and my peers and I am very confident going out into the world of teaching.

Dita

Review

Very quality course taught by real professionals and at the same very friendly people. They were always ready to help with any questions and materials even without asking for them:). I found very useful receiving a lot of advice when planning my teaching lessons and then getting from them very constructive feedback. I really enjoyed this course, because it made me feel more confident about my teaching and not only that.

Cannot think of anything now, sorry.

Emma
Prague

Loved the small class size

I loved the small class size, relaxed atmosphere, individual attention. Teachers were very knowledgeable, very approachable. Sessions were highly efficiently taught. I enjoyed that we had to give feedback after teaching sessions, to discuss our strengths and weaknesses as new teachers. Loved the facilities, kitchen, coffee machine.

I really liked all our assignments but it wasn’t made clear up front when they were due, which was frustrating. Also every teacher had a slightly different set of expectations.

Mae
Arcata, CA
Humboldt State University

Wonderful experience

The course is quite rigorous, but the entire staff is extremely helpful. I came over from the states, and I was always assisted with all of the practical things - accommodation, bus pass, phone, etc. The course trainers are all extremely qualified and helpful with planning lessons, finding resources for classes, and finding work after the course. It is a really well-run organization who genuinely cares for the trainees.

For our course, we only practiced several 45 minute lessons - it would have been good practice to have had one 90 minute lesson. I would have liked to try this under the guidance of the teacher trainers.

Matthew
Michigan State University

TEFL in Praha

The class of 3 trainees made the 4 wk training much more personal, with much more individual attention that crafted me in to a highly effective and efficient teacher. Each trainer at the facility was very highly skilled in all the areas I trained in, really instilling confidence in my learning and my teaching ability. The staff was top notch, my only concern was the instructions on the assignments because it really created unneeded stress during the final weeks of the training.

Trainers and directors need to be clearer on instructions for expected assignments from the trainees - they briefly brushed over the assignments, did not really give us the scope of the seriousness of them nor the expected length of each assignment.

Stephanie
University of California- Davis

Very Good Course

The course was pretty intensive, but it did help prepare me for teaching. The staff were very nice, and incredibly helpful. It was obvious that they cared about us and went out of their way to help in any way they could.

I would have liked the opportunity to teach a little more, but overall the course was really well set up.

Shelby
Michigan State University

Unshakeable Foundation

I went into this program with passion but nothing else, so to come out of it four months later with the confidence and skills to teach English anywhere in the world is amazing. This school felt like a family to me. They were extremely dedicated not only to helping us succeed in our training but also to helping us adapt to our new lives abroad. The small classes were exactly what I needed to learn, as I was able to ask all the questions I needed and we were all given very individualized attention and feedback. This class was very authentic for the kind of teaching I will be doing and was executed in a way that made me feel comfortable despite learning all new skills in a completely foreign country.

I think the most efficient way to improve the class as a whole would be if the various instructors created detailed lesson plans for themselves so that they can keep track of which assignments and reminders need to be passed onto the students at any given time. Just going through a detailed syllabus together at the very beginning of the course would help a lot to keep student and teacher expectations on the same level.

Eva
Prague, The Czech Republic

Very helpful in all situations

Diversity of trainees who were always well prepared, helpful and encouraging. Variety of classes which we had to teach. Individual approach to every participant. Friendly environment. I seriously felt almost like at home :-)
The organizers took us out for a dinner, guided tour, theatre...
Regarding students I was teaching, I especially enjoyed youths (abt 13yo).

Encourage participants to try to teach all parts of the lesson (grammar, vocabulary, listening, speaking, writing, ...) during the course.

Tracy
University of Colorado- Boulder

Prague TEFL

The overall experience with the Prague TEFL International program was great. It is amazing how much you can learn about a language that you just take for granted knowing how to speak. The location was easy to get and the staff was very knowledgable and helpful. The days seemed long, but the course went by quickly. We had ample amount of time and help with lesson planning and actually teaching lessons. I really enjoyed the opportunity to work with kids as well as adults. Prague itself is a beautiful city worth visiting and living in for some time. There are many opportunities to reach English here.

The teachers to be more on the same page with the direction of the program and a little more organized. We experienced some confusion on what is to be done and when with a few assignments. Little more communication between staff and students.

Patricia
Nigeria

TEFL Course in Prague made me more confident!

Starting from when I applied for this course, till when I got TEFL certified, TEFL Prague never left me alone. I got visa assistant from them, was picked up at the airport on my arrival to Prague and was taken to my place of accommodation by them. A tour was organized for me to get me accustomed to my route, so I can comfortably move around Prague.
At the training house, I got wonderful help from all the staff, and the course trainer was super nice to us all. He made sure we begin each morning with free tea or coffee. The training was intense and it made me a surer teacherbecause I was taught to first of all find out what my language learners' weaknesses are before planning befitting esl lessons for them.
Creating teaching materials by myself made me tensed at the beginning, but I later became perfect in doing that after my trainer spent time with me, guiding me on how to get it done. Notwithstanding, before comming to Prague, I could only teach children, but after my series of lesson plans and teaching practices on adults, I can now boldly teach adults, both in class and in "one to one" basis.
Thanks to TEFL Course in Prague, I am a better English teacher now.

I would like to change the fact that there is no job guarantee after this course. Finishing the course with a job waiting for you would be great! My friends are actually ready to pay more as long as there would be a job waiting for them after the course.

Daniel
Washington D.C.
University of Maryland

A wonderful way to learn useful skills and see the sights

I found this course quite exceptional. The teachers and staff are all extremely knowledgeable and give realistic and helpful advice. They are also very friendly and approachable. There was no one time that I felt as though I was not in capable hands.
The course load was completely manageable, however the days were long and tiring. It is definitely a trail by fire, you teach your first lesson on day three of the course.

The program from time to time gave the impression that not all of the teachers were on exactly the same page. So sometimes things got a little bit repetitive. Also, I could have handled a few more grammar lessons.

Language and Training provides TEFL International Certified courses in Prague. We combine the personal attention of a small course with the facilities and support of one of the most established and respected language schools in Prague - Threshold Training Associates. We provide comprehensive assistance with