TEFL/TESOL Certification Courses to Teach in Czech Republic

Our TEFL course is internationally accredited, validated and moderated by TEFL International, which is one of the largest and most respected providers of initial teacher training and certification.

We share our training facilities with Threshold Training Associates, one of the most established and respected language schools in Prague. You will therefore have the chance to meet our serving teachers in the staffroom and pick their brains about TEFL teaching and life in Prague or other cities.

Our social coordinator tailors the social and cultural program according to the interests and tastes of each group; starting with the welcome breakfast and a get-to-know-you dinner with the trainers, trainees and staff on the first day. The other possibilities include theater visits, pub crawls, tours of Prague and trips to surrounding cities, festivals, concerts and clubs.

I have to say that the program is great, they present very quality information to prepare someone to teach English as a foreign language! The people there are very nice, the teachers are brilliant and super helpful to newbies in Prague. As for finding work, I think there are lots of options if you are a native English speaker or speak English very clearly with little accent. Also, summer is the...

• Benefits 9.3
  • Facilities 8.4
  • Instruction 9.4
  • Difficulty 7.9
  • Job Assistance 9
Uditi

Totally worth it!

I didn’t have any experience in teaching and this course was appropriate to start my career in the teaching world. This course is tough and intensive but once you get through it, you will see the pros of doing this course. Initially it was hard for me but with the constant guidance and the feedbacks I felt more confident about teaching and soon picked up on the methods and techniques. I don’t think I could have done this course in a better place! Prague is magical.

Stella

Hard but worth it

This course is demanding and hard. I had a lot of difficulties in the first week and a half. Going into this, I had never really taught before and I had a bit of anxiety, especially in front of groups. But something clicked half way through and I felt confident and capable in my teaching abilities. They helped with the visa process and helped me find a job and living accommodations. I think one of the best things about this class was the people I met and the friends I have made. It made the transition of moving from America to Prague so much easier.

It's long and hard but you can't really change that. You shouldn't want to change that because it prepares you for anything
Anna

July 2018

I’m happy I chose the course exactly in Prague because the city is amazing and magical. It was really great experience! The school is very good. The trainers are very professional and mature, all of the trainers have great personalities. All the materials were really useful and interesting. The stuff is very nice too. Now I feel more confident and professional as a teacher and ready to go further and achieve my goals! 😊

Matt

Take This Course

I have had the idea of becoming an English teacher in Prague for some time now, but I had no idea where to even start for a lesson. I knew nothing, but I thought just because I was a native speaker that it would be no problem for me. I am so thankful for taking this course, because there is so much to teaching English as a foreign language that I never even knew about until I took this course. Especially in the grammar aspect. This course truly has me prepared for my first real life teaching lesson. The teachers were extremely helpful and insightful. Their availability and flexibility was astounding. The teachers were the reason I got out of bed in the morning for class. They made me want to come to class for that day. Highly recommend this course to anyone. Especially in Prague, this place is amazing.

Only area this course could be improved in by giving the trainees practice with people of all different ages. More students in their teenage years to early thirties. This would help with practicing with all types of age demographics.
Tereza

TEFL in Prague

The whole TEFL experience was great. I appreciated the individual approach and very friendly atmosphere. The trainers were professional and helpful. They provided us with many new methods and techniques that help us to make our lessons more interesting and useful. We had enough teaching practice where we could have used what we had learnt during the theoretical lessons. There was so much time to prepare lesson plans that you did not have to worry you would not finish in time. In general, it was nice to finally meet some people who share the same interest. They became new friends to me and it made the atmosphere even better. It was very nice to keep coming back every morning just to see them. So, if you are thinking about doing this course then do not hesitate and do it. You will not regret it!!!

I would focus on more difficult grammatical aspects than basic tenses and future. It was too easy.
Sarah

Prague June 2018

What an incredible, unforgettable experience! I learned so much in a short amount of time, The trainers and staff were wonderful, and gave us useful real world practice and guidance. The public transportation is everywhere and very easy to manage. We worked with and taught real EFL students and gained so much from our lessons. It was very rewarding work and the course itself is worth the hard work. It was a once in a lifetime adventure and I highly recommend it!

Alejandro

A great course in a great city!

I really loved my experience at Language and training. The trainers and staff were all excellent, while the courses were rigorous, engaging and enlightening. This great experience was all set with the gorgeous backdrop that is Prague. I loved that I was able to not only learn so much, but also have time to experience the city and its charms. I could not ask for a better setting to do a course like this, and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in travelling and teaching.

Ursula

A great experience in Prague

I had a great time during the four week course. The trainers are very helpful and prepared. You really get the chance to learn new things realated to teching and great amount of resources to start working. You really have to work hard though and every day is a new challenge, but It feels great when you see how much you have improve at the end of the course. Prague is magical, full of beautiful places and things to do. I am very happy I decided to make the course here.

Germaine

A fantastic experience at a fantastic institution

I had such an amazing experience here at TEFL International Prague. The course was full on (quite intense) but we wouldn't have been able to get through it without the support of our trainers and staff. I've met such great people here and I now belong to the 'TEFL International Prague family'. The school also has an abundance of resources and tools for you to use. I've settled in Prague and I have a fantastic group of students!

Having teaching practical lessons earlier so we don't have to finish so late (I know this can be difficult to arrange because most students come to the lessons after work).
Krimo

Awesome place for the TEFL Course experience

i had such a good time doing my TEFL course at the TEFL International Prague , the trainers are so nice and they helped us through the whole course, they did all their best to meet our needs, the course was very hard, but that's what you expect from an intensive English teaching course
i had to work so hard but i enjoyed it so much. i definitely recommend it to anyone who's looking to get a true experience doing his or her TEFL course

i thought it was fantastic, i loved the program so much
Dustin

Look no further

This is an intense course in a beautiful city. The support and instruction you will receive here are incredible. The input sessions are top-notch, and the coordinator really goes the extra mile to help you navigate your life in Prague.
One of the many pluses is that you will have experience teaching young learners.
If you are looking for a TEFL course that will challenge you, and leave you feeling ready to teach by the time it's done, then this is the course for you.

YILMAZ

Great experience

I genuinely think that getting a TEFL certificate could not have been any better at any other place. I loved the learning and teaching experiences here. There were great trainers who'd support us all the time. We learned so many different ways of approaching teaching.
The facilities were accessible and in very good conditions. The staff as well as the trainers were very kind and supportive throughout the course.
It was actually difficult to leave the school after the course finished because I enjoyed being there so much.
All in all, Langauge and Training/TEFL International Prague is a great place.
Thank you for the amazing experience.

The location of the school is a bit inconvenient, but other than that, everything was great.
Marianna

Feedback - Gorronova

The course was very helpful. We had a chance to meet many good trainers.
We got a nice help and library facilities. There was a bunch of literature and we could copy whenever we wanted (it was a pity that library closed at 5 pm, I often needed something during the time after lessons).
I liked feedbacks 4 days a week. I also enjoyed a good coffee and tea service as well as friendly staff.
I only disliked 3-hour free time 4 times a week, I didn´t know what to do with this time.

Thank you very much.

Start later in the day, not so long breaks.
Dildora

Amazing and effective experience.

Hi, I am Dildora. I had been looking for the appropriate TEFL course for a long time before I found this particular course. The thing which charmed me most was the instructors who are highly skilled and know the content of their subject perfectly well. Every time I attended classes, I was hooked by their professional knowledge to pass it to us. The supportive stuff was extremely helpful. They were ready to assist us and to respond to our first call. Despite the fact that the assignments were a bit challenging I managed to complete them in time because Christine and Tereza were ready to assist me with patience and calm. We were one team during that intensive month. Tears, laugh, happiness, critics, knowledge, skills, wonderful moments were the part of my life in Prague. I will never sorry that I did the course. Gained skills has totally changed my teaching strategies. Prague is a mysterious city to discover and it is in the heart of Europe which gave me a great opportunity to travel around the Europe. Our lovely Kristyna (a TEFL coordinator) really helpful with our travel maps, routes and even with tickets. TEFL International is not myth it is real. It splendid course to discover your teaching abilities.

More time for library research. You have a lot of books but I was not able to read and look through them all it is sad.
Eva

An excellent experience

The TEFL course was very intense, and the teachers are real fountains of knowledge. I had had some experience as a teacher before the course, but this TEFL course gave me an excellent opportunity to improve my skills through a detailed feedback and loads of great suggestions and interesting ideas. I can recommend it to everyone who wants to become a better teacher or start his/her career with a solid base.

About Language and Training

Language and Training provides TEFL International Certified courses in Prague. We combine the personal attention of a small course with the facilities and support of one of the most established and respected language schools in Prague - Threshold...