Poor education standards, illiteracy and high student dropout rates are some of the more glaring issues for educational reform in India.
Schools, especially rural schools suffer severe shortfalls in resources and iSpiice volunteers help by assisting local staff and giving lessons in various educational institutions. The most commonly requested subjects for teaching are English and Computers – both of which come naturally to most volunteers.
Usually, our volunteers fly into Delhi International airport on every Sunday all year around, where an iSpiice team member meets them and escorts them to our volunteer location in Dharamsala.
iSpiice also offers meaningful travel opportunities in India, including optional week end add-on tours to world's famous sites such as Taj Mahal tour, Himalayan Trekking tour, Adventure Tour in Manali, Jaipur and a 2-day tour visiting Golden Temple in Amritsar.
- Pick up from Delhi International airport at the time of arrival by iSpiice staff member.
- Transfer to Dharamsala with iSpiice staff member. On off days, hike Dharamsala's snow-capped peaks and lush green valleys.
- Optional add on trips like Golden Temple, Taj Mahal, Jaipur, Manali adventure trip and trekking in the Himalayas during the weekends.
- Morning or Evening yoga classes, Walk around the Kangra Tea Gardens. Take trips to the Dalai Lama Monastery.
- Enjoy projects in the stunning Dharamsala region of Himachal Pradesh.