Travel Italy and Become TEFL-TP Certified with A.C.L.E.

Host family
Host family
Hugs from the children in Rome
Hugs from the children in Rome

Travel Italy and become TEFL-TPⓒ Certified with A.C.L.E. Receive expert training on how to teach English to Italian children through games, drama, and songs; meet people from around the world; teach at our numerous summer camps and enjoy all that Italy has to offer!

All applicants attend a one-week intensive training course, usually on the Italian Riviera, where they learn everything they need to know about teaching English through theatre and play.
Once trainee tutors have completed the orientation they attend a minimum of 3 weeks in camps across Italy from the Alps to Sardinia, putting their training into practice, teaching children and having the time of their lives. The camps will run from June to September - Monday to Friday, usually from 9am until 5pm.

• Strengthen your résumé by becoming TEFL.TP certified
  • Receive expert training during an orientation week
  • Travel & teach all over Italy at our numerous summer camps
  • Live with host families and fully immerse yourself in local culture and traditions, as well as learn or practice some Italian
  • Build lasting friendships and lifelong memories with people from all over the world, your host families, and the children you’ll teach at camp

Travel Italy and become TEFL-TPⓒ Certified with A.C.L.E.

Check this out! Ever wanted to Teach English, acquire a TEFL-TPⓒ certificate, and explore different places in and around Italy?

Each summer A.C.L.E. trains and places more than 300 English trainee tutors in camps to teach English to Italian children and teenagers.
This TEFL-TPⓒ study program is a unique opportunity to enhance your CV!

Join us now! Click below to get started.

Hi Tom, The TEFL-TP certificate is unique in that it focuses on teaching through theatre and games. It is closely aligned to our curriculum, and has been developed to suit the nature of our summer camps. So, it focuses foremost on preparing tutors for this type of teaching environment. That being said, the program has been certified by the World TEFL Accrediting Commission, and ACLE itself is...

Yes, technically we look to recruit native English speakers. However if you are a near native English speaker and you have a high proficiency in English your application will be considered.

Once you receive your job offer, we normally ask you to confirm your flight details within 3 weeks time in order to secure your place at Orientations. Then we'll ask you to send us a copy of your flight receipt. After that time, if you have not been able to purchase your flight for any reason you should contact us.

It depends on the family you stay with and the town or city in which you are placed. Be open to differences in each place you are tutoring and try not to worry if at first it seems like you aren't happy with your situation because 1) there is most likely a miscommunication or misunderstanding; take time in a different conversation to bring up your concerns, expectations for outings etc. Ask for...

• Benefits 7.7
  • Facilities 8.7
  • Instruction 9.5
  • Academic Rigor 7.2
  • Job Assistance 8.6
Freya

The best time

Not only is ACLE a really smart and rewarding way to travel, but it's a break from the stress of wherever your life is at before you go there. It provides a home away from home and amazing relationships with host families, other tutors, and the kids you're teaching. This program has an amazing staff that communicates with you and comforts you in whatever situation may arise.
You're also earning your tefl.tp while getting paid AND having fun.
It's seriously one of the better things I have done with my life and it made me feel really proud. Just do it-- however you can find a way to.

I suggest taking every 4th week off so you can recharge, and to plan your lessons in advance to make the most out of the time you have with your classes!
Read my full story
David

An awesome opportunity and rewarding experience!

Attending A.C.L.E.'s TEFL.TP program has been without a doubt a truly rewarding experience: E.S.L. teaching to Italian kids may certainly be a handful, but thanks to the teaching tips and tricks previously shared and learned during Orientation, their emotional response is so wonderfully intense that I can assure you it's going to change your life forever.
The genuinely warm hospitality of the host families provided a joyful immersion into the beauty of Italian everyday life. Farewell has been difficult, to say the least!

Pack light and smart: Italian Summers are hotter than you think!
Lexi

Best summer ever!

I frequently talk about and look back on my summer of 2018. Italy is an amazing country and this program allows you to stay with host families who give you a real taste of the culture. The staff involved with ACLE are amazing. They are passionate about what they do and you can see it from the moment you get to orientation. The program is well organized and they take care of all of the transportation as you move around Italy. I am studying to be a teacher and I believe that this program helped me develop necessary skills for teaching language learners. I met amazing friends that I worked with at the camps and it didn’t even feel like work! I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys traveling, teaching, or drama!

Don’t be afraid to try new things and go out of your comfort zone! You learn the best that way. Explore the towns where you are placed and spend time immersing yourself.
Chloe

My Summer in Italy

Working for ACLE was one of the best experiences of my life! From the fun and inspirational training where I met amazing people from all over the world, to traveling throughout Italy each week, meeting new students and families. The program is exactly as described online, except the personal connections and confidence you will gain exceeds what you can even imagine. Although the days can feel long working at camp, the kids are amazing, the host teachers supportive, and the host families treat you like family. If you enjoy working with children, having fun and travelling, this program is an incredible way to spend the summer.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Beef Carpaccio! All of the Italian food was amazing, both in the homes we stayed and the restaurants.
Anabel

WONDERFUL AUTHENTIC ITALIAN EXPERIENCE!!!

ACLE is reliable and organized. Communication with the ACLE team is great, before and during the camps. Orientation can be a bit overwhelming, because there’s so much information and material you're receiving and learning. However, it’s extremely useful, it prepares you for camps, and it’s a load of fun. Typically camps run from 8:30/9am to 4:30/5pm. Camp days can be tiring and demanding, but they’re extremely rewarding and super fun! You’ll sing, dance, play games, and do a bunch of activities. ACLE provides you with more than enough material; you’ll never run out of ideas. You’ll get to collaborate with individuals from different parts of the world, which is pretty great. Duration of camps tend to be one or two weeks. Locations vary, you may find yourself near a well known city like Milan or Venice; or perhaps you’ll be in a quaint little town, in the mountains or by the sea. Italy is a gorgeous country, with so many hidden gems! Experience authentic Italian culture, living and engaging with Italians on a daily basis. Taste and savor Italian cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Have gelato, drink cappuccinos, meet new people, play, dance, and be silly with children! Experience a summer in Italy with ACLE! You may just have the time of your life!
I personally had a wonderful time, and highly recommend it!!!

Carla

An Great Opportunity for Cultural Exchange

My intention this summer was to find a fun, but still rewarding job along with the possibility to travel around Italy - and A.C.L.E. helped me achieve it. The training was a week long - intense but enough nonetheless - to prepare us for the two weeks of tutoring English ahead of us. I was placed at camps in the Tuscany and Umbria region - both breathtakingly beautiful towns, with host families who were just as friendly and welcoming. It was a fulfilling experience to see the kids having fun - through ACLE's approach - while learning English, and you truly feel this sense of fulfillment at the end of the camp week when you are having the Camp Farewell. Definitely an opportunity not to miss out on if you want to teach English and experience a side of Italy you will only get to see through ACLE!

Come open-minded to new experiences, and make sure you get enough sleep because the Italian kids are full of energy, but so much fun be around!
rhayanna

ACLE Summer

My summer with ACLE was truly incredible. I was very scared in the begining, didn't know what I was getting myself into and was nervous. I knew nobody. But then afterwards, I made so many new friends from all over the world which I am so thankfull for. ACLE really provided us with all the information we needed to teach the kids. It was very organized and we always felt like there was someone to lean on. I was blessed to have amazing host families, that really took care of me and made me feel very welcomed. My camp directors we're all very great and helped us whenever we needed! Last but not least, the kids really made you feel important and special to them. The connection I made with the kids was unbelievable and Im so excited to create more memories and connections again. If you're up to new challenges, you love kids and you'd like to travel, ACLE is definetly the place to go.

Always pack LESS. Trains in Italy can be tricky. You need move fast and get on the trains quickly. Trust me, less is better !
Also, be ready for any temper tantrums the kids might pull, its very normal.
Senthuriy

ACLE changed my life!!

Traveling to a different country alone when I was only 19 years old was a big step for me. But I knew I wanted to further my teaching experience and so I heard about ACLE through a friend. I couldn’t have asked for a better abroad experience. I got to do my dream job in a beautiful country and I’m so grateful. I met so many amazing people from around the world whom I still keep contact with. Host family was one of my concerns before applying to ACLE but they made my experience much better. I’m not sure what I was scared about since they treated you like their own child throughout the whole experience. As for the experience in teaching, you get your own classroom and own children representing the country you’re from and it was so surreal. I’m so glad I went with ACLE during the summer of 2019, and I will definitely be back for 2020