Teaching Opportunities in the UAE & Middle East with Teaching Nomad

Adorable Students in UAE
Adorable Students in UAE
Kids in Sharjah
Kids in Sharjah

Teaching Nomad is an American owned and operated teacher placement agency that works with schools in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oman, Qatar, & Saudi Arabia. We take a lot of pride in connecting our wonderful teachers with great schools all over the Middle East!

Contact us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all of your questions and find the perfect job match for you. We are currently interviewing for almost all age groups and subjects.

Each client has been thoroughly researched to ensure a great working and living experience for you. Our partner schools offer excellent tax-free salaries, free housing, flights, insurance benefits, and more.

Whether you're looking for the quiet beach-front areas in Sur or Abu Dhabi or the glitz and glam of Dubai, Teaching Nomad has positions for you!

• Tax free salary
  • Free housing
  • Flights
  • End of contract bonus/pension

I don't believe that the Middle East would be accepting of a South African's teaching experience prior to obtaining the PGCE qualification in Korea or experience from any other country for that matter. Most requirements are 2 years experience post PGCE and have increased that to 3 years. I had more than 5 years of experience from South Africa prior to completing my PGCE which was not taken into...

There's a number of factors to consider like: 1. Will your husband be working 2. Age of your child and whether or not they require tuition. 3. Your qualifications and experience. That said, families move overseas to teach abroad all the time! As a woman in UAE you are able to sponsor dependent visas for your family and most schools do provide either free or discounted tuition for dependents. We'd...

Generally speaking, degrees from fully online colleges are not accepted for work visa approval. However if the school offers both campus based & online programs, the online degree could be accepted.

Hello Callum, we have schools that will hire NQT's however for the experience to count towards your full QTS, you need to be hired by an accredited BSO (British school overseas) and we don't currently have openings at any of those. I suggest to register at www.teachingnomad.com and create a job alert to keep an eye on new openings.

• Benefits 9.2
  • Facilities 9.2
Quinton

Recruiter - Lauren Klein

Lauren Klein is patient, long suffering and friendly. I found her to be approachable and easy to speak to. She pays attention to your needs and is excellent at communicating and always responds to emails in a timely manner. Her follow-up and feedback are valuable. Lauren said that she will get me interviews within a month and followed through on this and got me 3 interviews. She is knowledgeable of schools and countries that she works with and provides relevant advice that helps to make a decision. Lauren takes into account all aspects of your future, including family and financial needs. She pays attention to detail. I would recommend Lauren to anyone looking to find a position abroad.

David

Recruiting process

I'm glad to leave this review about Teaching Nomads. Nick Bonnet was very resourceful and helpful in the process of searching for another career opportunity in teaching. He was very patient. If I had rate his customer service I would give him a 10 out of 10. He sent me several different schools in the areas and countries that I had inquiries about. Nick did an awesome job of answering any questions that I had. I will definitely consider using Teaching Nomads for the future. Thank you Nick Bonnet for all of your help.

B

Great Opportunities

The teaching nomad offers great opportunities in the middle east area where you get the opportunity to explore a new culture as you develop your teaching skills in the community.

Moreover, Lauren Klein is a great placement consultant that helps you throughout the process, and makes sure you feel comfortable and you're not going through any difficulties in your applications procedure.

I had the pleasure of working with them in Abu Dhabi, and everything was just as promised regarding contract details and the teaching opportunities. They even take care of your accommodation and try to help you during all times until you settle and feel comfortable at your work. Thank you for your great services, and I'm really pleased for having the opportunity to work with you.

PAT

Job in Riyadh

Madison was responsive and super helpful in finding a position for me in Riyadh. This school is topnotch in regards to facilities and teacher housing. Most importantly, it's a welcoming facility and the school treats western faculty with respect. This is not to say any single school is perfect, but It's important to work in a supportive environment.

Working in Riyadh isn't for a young teacher that need to socialize every weekend, but for someone with maturity, teaching experience, and clear goals. Successful teachers hold their cards close, never have emotional breakdowns, and realize that showing respect to all coworkers is 90% of success. There's ample vacation time, overtime pay, and plenty of resources available to a teacher. Thank you.

This position is perfect for an experienced teacher.
Allysha

So Very Pleased

Teaching Nomad, and the agent I worked with, Darrah O'Flaherty, have been great. They've been really supportive during the whole process from choosing jobs, interviewing, accepting offers, giving advice, to holding your hand and allaying your fears during the visa process. They are always easy to get in contact with and response time is super fast. I highly recommend Teaching Nomad. The schools I've been in contact with and ultimately accepted a job offer from have been very supportive about the visa process and answering questions about life there in another country and the expectations of the school and new society you will be joining. I have learned so much already! It's an extremely exciting opportunity and I would advise anyone who could do this to do this and to give Teaching Nomad a try.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would start the passport process even sooner! The hold up comes from the visa/authentication process where they have to determine if all of your documents are valid. So order that passport now if you are even thinking of applying because it is never as simple as it seems.
Amina

Great Support from Teaching Nomad

I applied with Teaching Nomad when I decided to leave my current school in the middle east (Ras al Khaimah). I was not ready to go back to the UK, hence I started to look for KG teaching positions in the middle east. Mike Ostrowski was the coordinator I was assigned to, He was very supportive and helped me get a position in a school that fitted me best. Mike was amazing and did not stop until I found a good school. I was very delighted with how experienced and prepared Mike was when he was dealing with my application. He emailed me back and forth and reassured me through out the entire process. Within two weeks of being assigned to Mike I knew I was ging to find the right school due to the effort he put in. Thank you for all your support.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Coming to the UAE and being in charge of 25 students, first day was really scary but i got used to it and now i feel very comfortable with the children.
Veronica

Quick, Quality Service

I signed up with Teaching Nomad when looking for work in Saudi Arabia. Madison was the coordinator I was assigned to, and she is such a sweet person. For me, it's really important to be treated at a personal level and not like a "case". She took note of my situation and was already experienced with securing jobs for teachers who had similar destination goals like me. Within about two weeks of my initial meeting with her, I had already signed my school contract for the upcoming year. The school has amazing reviews, the benefits are more than what I could ask for, and I can't wait to go to the school this September. It can be a little daunting having so many steps ahead of of me, but it's nice to know I'll still have her support throughout the process.

Definitely get to know your destination. I've been wanting to go to Saudi Arabia for a few years. Look up different experiences of other teachers and take a chance.
N

Great help from Teaching Nomad

Teaching Nomad helped me from the start. From uploading the first documents to getting hired. I am a qualified teacher so there where lots of jobs available, I got exactly the help I needed.

There are lots of documents and papers to be sorted and uploaded, but I got good advice on what I needed to do. After this Teaching Nomad helped with the job market and recommended me what jobs to apply for. Durig the interview process they supported me and advised me.

After this process they stayed in touch while I was in Contact with my hiring school. All in all it was a very good service.

The benefits of teaching in Saudi Arabia are very good. Tax-free salary and an apartment without having to pay rent, so there are good oppourtunities to save money.

Make sure you are ready for a culture shock. Have fun!