Teaching Opportunities in the UAE & Middle East with Teaching Nomad

Teacher in UAE
Teacher in UAE
Beach in the Middle East
Beach in the Middle East

Teaching Nomad is an American owned and operated teacher placement agency that works with schools in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oman, Qatar, & Saudi Arabia. We take a lot of pride in connecting our wonderful teachers with great schools all over the Middle East!

Contact us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all of your questions and find the perfect job match for you. We are currently interviewing for almost all age groups and subjects.

Each client has been thoroughly researched to ensure a great working and living experience for you. Our partner schools offer excellent tax-free salaries, free housing, flights, insurance benefits, and more.

Whether you're looking for the quiet beach-front areas in Sur or Abu Dhabi or the glitz and glam of Dubai, Teaching Nomad has positions for you!

• Tax free salary
  • Free housing
  • Flights
  • End of contract bonus/pension

Yes! The generally accepted minimum qualification to teach abroad is a BA degree + either 2 years experience or a TEFL certification.
Depends on where you want to teach. For UAE, you must have a bachelor degree in the subject you want to teach. China and other East Asian countries will be happy to accept the MA TESOL.
As long as your diploma is NQF 7 or above you should qualify to work in Dubai without the two years experience. Some Emirates require 2 years, but Dubai does not. Although you should at least have done student teaching so you have the necessary skills to step into the classroom.
Hey Savannah, Thanks for your query. Even without a degree in education, we’ll still be able to find you a teaching position. Please email your resume to [email protected] and we can schedule a call to talk about the different positions open to you.

• Benefits 9.3
  • Facilities 9.3
B

Great Opportunities

The teaching nomad offers great opportunities in the middle east area where you get the opportunity to explore a new culture as you develop your teaching skills in the community.

Moreover, Lauren Klein is a great placement consultant that helps you throughout the process, and makes sure you feel comfortable and you're not going through any difficulties in your applications procedure.

I had the pleasure of working with them in Abu Dhabi, and everything was just as promised regarding contract details and the teaching opportunities. They even take care of your accommodation and try to help you during all times until you settle and feel comfortable at your work. Thank you for your great services, and I'm really pleased for having the opportunity to work with you.

PAT

Job in Riyadh

Madison was responsive and super helpful in finding a position for me in Riyadh. This school is topnotch in regards to facilities and teacher housing. Most importantly, it's a welcoming facility and the school treats western faculty with respect. This is not to say any single school is perfect, but It's important to work in a supportive environment.

Working in Riyadh isn't for a young teacher that need to socialize every weekend, but for someone with maturity, teaching experience, and clear goals. Successful teachers hold their cards close, never have emotional breakdowns, and realize that showing respect to all coworkers is 90% of success. There's ample vacation time, overtime pay, and plenty of resources available to a teacher. Thank you.

This position is perfect for an experienced teacher.
Allysha

So Very Pleased

Teaching Nomad, and the agent I worked with, Darrah O'Flaherty, have been great. They've been really supportive during the whole process from choosing jobs, interviewing, accepting offers, giving advice, to holding your hand and allaying your fears during the visa process. They are always easy to get in contact with and response time is super fast. I highly recommend Teaching Nomad. The schools I've been in contact with and ultimately accepted a job offer from have been very supportive about the visa process and answering questions about life there in another country and the expectations of the school and new society you will be joining. I have learned so much already! It's an extremely exciting opportunity and I would advise anyone who could do this to do this and to give Teaching Nomad a try.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would start the passport process even sooner! The hold up comes from the visa/authentication process where they have to determine if all of your documents are valid. So order that passport now if you are even thinking of applying because it is never as simple as it seems.
Amina

Great Support from Teaching Nomad

I applied with Teaching Nomad when I decided to leave my current school in the middle east (Ras al Khaimah). I was not ready to go back to the UK, hence I started to look for KG teaching positions in the middle east. Mike Ostrowski was the coordinator I was assigned to, He was very supportive and helped me get a position in a school that fitted me best. Mike was amazing and did not stop until I found a good school. I was very delighted with how experienced and prepared Mike was when he was dealing with my application. He emailed me back and forth and reassured me through out the entire process. Within two weeks of being assigned to Mike I knew I was ging to find the right school due to the effort he put in. Thank you for all your support.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Coming to the UAE and being in charge of 25 students, first day was really scary but i got used to it and now i feel very comfortable with the children.
Veronica

Quick, Quality Service

I signed up with Teaching Nomad when looking for work in Saudi Arabia. Madison was the coordinator I was assigned to, and she is such a sweet person. For me, it's really important to be treated at a personal level and not like a "case". She took note of my situation and was already experienced with securing jobs for teachers who had similar destination goals like me. Within about two weeks of my initial meeting with her, I had already signed my school contract for the upcoming year. The school has amazing reviews, the benefits are more than what I could ask for, and I can't wait to go to the school this September. It can be a little daunting having so many steps ahead of of me, but it's nice to know I'll still have her support throughout the process.

Definitely get to know your destination. I've been wanting to go to Saudi Arabia for a few years. Look up different experiences of other teachers and take a chance.
N

Great help from Teaching Nomad

Teaching Nomad helped me from the start. From uploading the first documents to getting hired. I am a qualified teacher so there where lots of jobs available, I got exactly the help I needed.

There are lots of documents and papers to be sorted and uploaded, but I got good advice on what I needed to do. After this Teaching Nomad helped with the job market and recommended me what jobs to apply for. Durig the interview process they supported me and advised me.

After this process they stayed in touch while I was in Contact with my hiring school. All in all it was a very good service.

The benefits of teaching in Saudi Arabia are very good. Tax-free salary and an apartment without having to pay rent, so there are good oppourtunities to save money.

Make sure you are ready for a culture shock. Have fun!
Joseph

Teaching Nomad paved our way to UAE!

Lauren from Teaching Nomad connected to me for teaching opportunities in UAE on a Saturday morning January 5 2019, submitted our documents via email in the afternoon (mine and my wife's), scheduled the interview the next day Sunday afternoon, and in the evening signed the initial offer as couple teachers in a school in UAE! That was incredibly fast and I would like to commend Lauren for staying late at night to make sure we get a place for the interview. All these things and we didn't spend a cent for the process. Also, I find the website very helpful, it answers most of the concerns like about the schools, visa, benefits, and about the transition process of moving in a new country. Thank you teaching nomad for opening this amazing opportunity!

Malika

Couldn’t have asked for a better experience with teaching nomad

My process went pretty well. I didn’t know what to necessarily expect but Yiqin was very helpful throughout the process . She gave me lots of feedback and answered my questions in such a timely manner . She kept me updated on incoming positions in the UAE, and I was able to secure a position fairly quickly after i sent in all of my paperwork. I am grateful for her time and commitment to helping me find a position that met my needs ! Thank you so very much Yiqin!

Sepehr

Amazing Recruitment Agency

I would like to thank Brett and Sophia for their professional help. Thanks to Teaching Nomad, I had the opportunity to have a successful face-to-face interview with the management of a school in UAE.
As an experienced HR manager and teacher, I have a great respect for the Teaching Nomad's team. Sophia and Brett are very friendly and resourceful and will try their best to help you find the best job based on your qualifications and experience.

Looking Forward to relocating to UAE

Hallie

Awesome Experience

I had a great experience working with Teaching Nomad. They responded to my emails quickly and went above and beyond what they needed to, to make sure I was well prepared for my interview. They helped before and after and answered any questions they could. After my interview they followed up and helped me with my next step. I would recommend using them if you are interested in teaching abroad.

Naima

Way to go TeachingNomad

My recruiting agent Sophia from Teaching Nomad is simply a fantastic person to work with. She was professional and always got back to me promptly with all my questions answered. Sophia really gets things done in a timely manner. So if you are looking for a teaching job in the UAE, and if you’ve got all the required credentials, look no further; Teaching Nomad will get you that job in the shortest time possible.
This is true, because Sophia got me the job I was looking for when no one else did.
Teaching Nomad IS your way to your teaching job in the UAE. Go for it and don’t delay!

I was really happy and pleased with what Sophia from Teaching Nomad offered me.
Alex

Incredible support by a dedicated team

Sophia and the Teaching Nomad team gave me the best support I've ever had by a recruiting agency in finding a job. They responded within 24-48 hours by email, they were always polite and professional and they really listened to what I wanted and helped me find the right positions instead of pushing unnecessary ones on to me. I would reuse their services again any day. Thank you so much for your help!

Perhaps have more details about the contacting schools or school boards on the website.
Corey

Excellent Service

I had an excellent experience with Teaching Nomad. My recruiter Sophia was a wonderful resource. She had visited the school I interviewed with, and gave me good positive information about the school and hiring process. I am happy with the overall service of this company. I was offered a position in the UAE as a high school assistant principal. Thank you again Teaching Nomad for all of your help. :)

Jim

Pleased to recommend Teaching Nomad

I recently got my second teaching job in China with the expert help of Nomad. They supported me every step of the way, preparing my pre-interview, contacting references, and making an effective first introduction to the opportunities they "hand picked" for me. Pleased to recommend them as a first-rate placement service in China!

Some general advice might be, as with any job opportunity, the candidate should do their "homework" about the future school's financial and operating situation, and prospects for stability or growth going forward.
Ashley

Hassle free job placement

From the beginning, Teaching Nomad has been very supportive and encouraging of my teaching endeavors. All I had to do was tell them exactly what I was looking for in a job, and they were able to find me a teaching position based on the criteria I provided. I will now be working with children in Shanghai and could not be any happier. Teaching Nomad guided me through the whole application and interview process for my new job, and I can honestly say that they had my best interests at heart. The never hesitated to answer any of my questions, offered as much help as they could, and were very professional throughout the entire process. I got some really good insight on life in Shanghai from my recruiter, which was really comforting.
Teaching Nomad will figure out what it is that you want and need, find you a suitable placement, and guide you every step of the way. Finding a job in China was MUCH easier than I expected. You can't go wrong!

Thanks again, Ollie!

Staff Interviews

About Teaching Nomad

Teaching Nomad is your connection to great teaching opportunities abroad! We’re an American owned and operated company with offices in both Shanghai, China & Denver, Colorado. Our personal placement consultants will help guide you through the...