TEFL Zorritos – TEFL Course in Zorritos, Peru

TEFL Zorritos – TEFL Course in Zorritos, Peru

TEFL Zorritos offers courses in the idyllic coastal town of Zorritos in the far north of Peru. Our beach-front outdoor training centre allows our trainees to study in a beautiful natural setting.

* Small groups of 12 trainees means one on one feedback for your teaching practice classes, crucial to ensuring your development as a teacher.
* Our internationally accredited 120 hour TEFL Certificate course is taken over 4 weeks & includes 10 hours of observed teaching practice of local students of all ages & levels, as well as a complete overview of English grammar
* Our graduates will benefit from our job placement program in Peru which includes positions with a work visa, paid holidays, health insurance & pension. They also receive guaranteed lifetime job assistance.
* We offer 10 advanced certifications at no extra cost - including Teaching Business English & TOEFL Preparation

• A highly personalized course with a practical approach that adequately prepares you for teaching in the real world
  • Our job placement program includes positions in the mountain, jungle and coastal areas
  • Complete up to 10 Advanced Certifications at no extra cost
  • Receive the attention and mentoring you deserve with a maximum of 12 trainees per group
South America » Peru
Inclusions
Wifi
Application Fee
Deposit
Our 4 week, 120 hour course costs US$1,490 includes all course materials, a Welcome Information Pack, assistance planning your trip and 10 Advanced Certifications.
Zorritos

• Benefits
  • Facilities
  • Instruction
  • Difficulty
  • Job Assistance

Alesha

TEFL Zorritos

My overall experience was overwhelming and exciting! I learnt a lot about myself during this course and exceeded what i thought i was capable of.
The staff were very assisting when needed and would help in any way they were able to. There were certain times when i felt like i wasn't able to get through the course and the staff were very uplifting in getting my back on track.
This course is amazing and very rewarding. I'd recommend to all!
I look forward to taking my teaching globally!

female headshot
Joanne
Peru
University of Adelaide

TEFL Zorritos

this is a 10/10 company - i would recommend this group to anyone wanting to get out into the world and see things from a different perspective. Ellie and the crew were amazing in their support and their training. I was able to be placed in a job before i even finished the certificate - they are efficient, knowledgeable, reliable and proactive. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and cannot wait for the next leg of my journey to Arequipa.

they shouldn't change a thing

Beazleton

TEFL Zorritos is Worth It!!

TEFL Zorritos is an amazing program for acquiring a valuable certificate at a great price with lots of support. Ellie is an amazing teacher. She knows her subject inside and out and has a ton of amazing experiences backing up that knowledge. She makes the learning fun and is great at supporting her students through the practice classes and answering any questions that might come up during the month long class.

I would have liked some more discussion on teaching methods and learning styles.

Grace

Loved TEFL Zorritos!

The course is challenging but completely rewarding at the same time! I came from a complete beginners level with no prior tertiary education of the teaching world and was given all the tools I needed to host effective English language lessons. This course allows you to be exposed to a variety of levels and ages to put your teaching techniques to the test.
The consistent support and encouragement is motivating throughout the entire course and job application process.
Zorritos is also a beautiful place to study, we were based close to the town centre and right across from the school (where practise classes are done) I highly recommend Paradise TEFL Zorritos with Ellie and the team and to book directly rather than going through any third parties- Ellie gives you all the support you need!

Jemma

TEFL Zorritos!

I definitely wasn't too sure what I was getting myself into but that was half the fun of it. It gets to be long hours but they're rewarding and it's a completely unique experience that offers plenty of future opportunities as well as those simple travel stories that your friends and family love to hear. You walk away with a feeling of accomplishment and enrichment. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone wanting to do something out of their comfort zone!

I'm hard pressed to think of any!

Lauren

Come to Zorritos

Had a great time learning how to teach English here in Zorritos. The teachers were amazing and I made some really good friends that I am now going to live with while teaching here in Peru. Hotel Maradentro is great, right on the beach and the owner Flavio is a real treat. Teaching the practise classes ended up being not as scary as anticipated and even had a bit of fun with them! could not teach english without this course, have learnt so much.

Only side note I would say is do not go through Global work and travel. useless. They take care of everything for you here in Zorritos and Global dose not do a thing and will charge you through the nose for it. Go direct with TEFL Zorritos would be my only suggestion for this fabulous corse.

it was a blast :)

Nancy
Evergreen State College

Excellent program!

I found the TEFL Zorritos program to be an excellent value and overall experience. Ellie is a fantastic instructor with heaps of relevant experience. I cannot even imagine doing a course on-line, you would literally miss out on the majority of a good course, as it's got to be done in practice. We had lots of time to practice planning lessons and teaching the local community. Very beneficial experience, I am leaving feeling quite prepared. Finishing on a Friday and interviewing in person for a job on Monday morning, so that's fabulous as well! Thanks!

Reliable internet connection

Toni
Horsham
Loughborough University

Amazing.

In simple terms, this course was amazing.

I felt supported the entire time. After every class I taught I was given extensive feedback. What I did well, where I could tweak things to make them better and given an estimate of my teacher talk time.

The course taught me to appreciate aspects of teaching that I had not considered before, such as teaching talk time and ensuring all four skills areas were covered each lesson using simple activities.

Ellie, the instructor was a great help and was constantly positive. She, both made us feel like respected future teachers and showed us what it was like to be a student learning a foreign language. This was really useful because it allows me to now empathise with my students especially when planning my lessons.

Furthermore, because Ellie ensures the class sizes are small it means everyone gets to know each other quickly and easily. This meant lessons were fun and weekends and evenings were never dull.

The location of the course could not have been better. It is in right on the beach, on the grounds of a great hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the food is amazing.

I highly reccommend this course to anyone, especially those that are nervous about entering a classroom as a teacher. This course will improve your confidence leaps and bounds.

Whilst the location of the course is perfect, I would suggest staying elsewhere if you wanted a bit more of a nightlife. The course offers alternative accommodation which is better for those interested in going out in the evenings for a drink or dinner.

Although, it is not impossible to do this from Zorritos.

Barnaby
Melbourne, Australia

Wonderful experience

A great and challenging course in a wonderful location, was even better than i had hoped. i went in with a lot of doubts as hadn't studied for quite some time, its given me the confidence for a change of career and a different future, While the course is quite intensive, it is great in the fact that you do get so much time to prepare and give your practical lessons. Both Ellie and Brittney were very supportive throughout and with helping of placement both during and after. In particular trying to find positions that suited everyone's personal needs

Angel
Trinidad and Tobago

Remarkable Experience

This course was a great way to be introduced to and learn about a field in which I had no prior experience. Ellie, my course coordinator was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful in all areas relating to TEFL as well as to adjusting to life in Peru. The course location, Zorritos, is a charming, sleepy beach town which offers an authentic view of Peruvian life unaffected by tourism. It helped to balance the intensity of the course on days in which we had training in the morning and teaching in the evening. The 10 hours of practice teaching was essential in having a real life application of everything previously learnt. All of the students were locals from the surrounding area of all levels and age-groups. The ability to create and teach your own lessons from scratch and receive feedback on it, as well as the incredible support system afforded to you by completing this course, in my opinion, would be your greatest assets.

Although this course is already exceptional, I would say the only room for improvement would be to have trainees get a little more exposure to syllabus usage and creation. Having said that, even though there was minimum exposure to this, there was maximum exposure to lesson plans and lesson materials which was great.

Drew

TEFL at the Beach

The small beach town life style is perfect this intense but fun month of studies! Zorritos is also super easy to get around, safe, and you are never more then ten minutes walking distance of the beach. This program also offers you the ability to actually teach 10 hours with all level students and all ages. If you are thinking about teaching EFL in Latin America then TEFL Zorritos is the way to go!

This was a great program overall. I would have liked more time teaching young learners and advanced learners but regardless I did teach those two categories of students plus others.

Alli
Maryland
Duke University

TEFL Zorritos

The course is solid and very tailored to teaching in Latin America. I think that's its biggest strength -- if you're looking to teach in this part of the world, you'll benefit from having an instructor who knows the ins and outs of getting jobs here and can focus class time on specific aspects of English language learning that native Spanish speakers find difficult. Ellie is great and very approachable... as with most things in life, this experience boils down to the people. I had four other lovely people in my course and enjoyed spending time with them. Good instructor + good peers = good experience. That said, the course is taught in a relatively remote area and even the closest town (Zorritos proper) is about 15 min away by taxi. If you were staying on site and didn't like the people who were with you, you might not be able to make the most of your experience. That said, if you like being outdoors, relaxing at the beach, and playing sports, then you'll likely find plenty to do in Zorritos and at the course location (Sunset Club).

In the last three weeks of the course, you'll get to do practice teaching sessions with local students of all levels. This is extremely helpful, but could be improved further if the lessons were planned out as a whole. As it works currently, students learn new topics each week and there's no overarching structure (i.e., one teacher will cover "there is" and "there are" and talk about animals, and another teacher will come in and teach the simple present with to be and professions). This gives you flexibility as a teacher but doesn't give you much exposure to syllabus planning or the typical order in which English concepts should be taught to students of various levels. If this were planned out in the first week of the course, it would provide valuable experience to the teachers and make the lessons more impactful for the local students.

Maggie

Loved the Experience!

Ellie is a fantastic instructor! I could not wish for a better experience than the one I've had here in Zorritos. The course size was small which really allowed me to get to know everyone and to learn lots. I also found the 10 hours of observed teaching practice incredibly rewarding and practical. I am so happy I chose to study TEFL at Paradise TEFL Zorritos. I feel truly prepared to go out and teach now!

Adan
Guadalupe, Peru

Awesome experience

The time flew by during my TEFL Zorritos experience. Northern Peru is a perfect location for the course, especially right on the beach. I loved that i could swim in the ocean or the pool during our lunch break. Classes were intense but laid back at the same time. Ellie knows her stuff and is able to get stuff done. Whatever you need she is willing to help. Sunset Club is awesome, can't wait to go back.
The 10 hours of teaching at night is really where the intense part comes in. However Ellie made sure we were prepared and helped us along.
I really had a wonderful time.

Not much to change, however I wish sunset club was closer to the actual town center on Zorritos.

Marnie
New York

Fantastic experience

I was really happy with my experience with TEFL Zorritos. Ellie is clearly a passionate and gifted teacher. I also found her to be extremely attentive to all of my needs as well as those of my classmates.
The beach side classroom was really unique and refreshing. The class hours are not too long, however there is homework and class planning to be done afterwards.
It was a lovely way to become certified! I highly recommend TEFL Zorritos.

I suppose there is always room for improvement. Nothing comes to mind. I was very satisfied. I would recommend flying in thru Guayaquil, Ecuador Airport and taking the affordable bus ride south to Zorritos. The airport is lovely and seeing the scenery change thru Ecuador and into the coastline of Peru was super. I was excited to see another country as well.

Michael
Rochester, NY
University of Rochester

Great times in Zorritos

The town is great. The course is great. The teacher is great. Very few things that I could say about this experience here that weren't positive. A love for learning is a must, and a love for seafood doesn't hurt as well. You will be pushed, but in the end it feels great to know that you've accomplished so much in just a few short weeks.

Sonya
Puerto Plato, Dominican Republic

I Made the right choice by attending TEFL Zorritos

I attended the February 2015 course and had a tremendous TEFL learning experience in Zorritos. The value and education that I received there was far better than what I had originally expected. Our instructor, Ellie is very knowledgeable and passionate about the business. She goes the EXTRA MILE! The classes were held outside on the beach, under the beautiful and breezy gazebo. I had previously compared the location with other TEFL sites/locations around the world and this location (Sunset Club Hotel) on the beach can not be matched. The location is very convenient.

Yes the classes are challenging, but the experience was well worth it! I now teach in the Dominican Republic and I utilized the lessons and practice teaching skills that I learned at TEFL Zorritos. I would NOT have been comfortable enough to teach here in the DR without the skills and support from that I learned from Ellie at TEFL Zorritos.

During our training we had an opportunity to practice what we had learned each day on local students. This practice experience was very valuable. I would highly recommend TEFL Zorritos to anyone!!

You can read more about Sonya's experiences on her blog: http://expatdr.blogspot.com/2015/03/tefl-zorritos-i-made-right-choice.h…

I personally think that it "IS" perfect..to each is own. During my 4 weeks there, I would not change a thing.

Indie
New Zealand
Massey University

Awesome Location, Awesome Course

I really enjoyed my time here, in Zorritos - the locals were all very friendly and helpful and our teacher, Ellie was amazing. Living on a beach in the sunshine was truly a wonderful experience. The course itself was intensive but fun and super practical. Because we jumped into practice teaching the second week of the course, we were able to learn a whole lot more than on a course that is all theory. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking to do TEFL. The smaller class size really enabled our instructor to focus on our needs and we were able to get what we as students needed out of it. Zorritos is an amazing place, and I am very happy with my experience.

Perfect.

Gregory
Lima, Peru
University of Cincinnati

Great Course, Great Price

The quality of the training was fantastic and left me well-equipped to enter the TEFL world. Ellie´s exceptional knowledge of teaching methodology will be amply apparent to you after your first day of class. She has the know-how, as well as the patience and ability to deliver this know-how in a clear and understandable way. We always received an extraordinary level of individual help and attention.

Our practice teaching classes were invaluable! I can´t imagine entering a TEFL classroom for the first time without having had this experience. With TEFL Zorritos, unlike some other courses, you teach in a real setting - students are local adults or young adults who want to learn English. The feedback we received from those who observed and constructively critiqued our lessons was very helpful.

Oh, and about the course location - it couldn´t have been more perfect. You´re literally right there on the beach! The sand begins where the classroom ends. How many times in your life do you have the opportunity to take a dip in the (warm) ocean during your class breaks?

And I should add - even now that my course is over, Ellie continute to provide an extraordinary level of personal assistance, whether it be through helping coordinate an interview or prodiving advice in preparation for said interview...you name it - she responds promptly and very helpfully. This job-placement assistance is lifelong, too! And you won´t (as far as I know) find another course that offers up to ten advanced certifications at no additional cost.

In short, I cannot recommend this course highly enough. Don´t let the affordable price fool you into thinking it´s some kind of ¨bargain bin¨ TEFL course - the quality of instruction was excellent, through and through.

Martin
Trujillo, Peru

I even wish I had the month to do over again!!

I Loved my stay at the Sunset Club while attending Ellie's TEFL course. We had a great class and a great time! Anything that was an issue with any of her students was resolved almost immediately. The staff and managers become your family. I heartily recommend you give their ceviche a try! You can do it to. Find out a little about what's outside your own little box and take the TEFL ZORRITOS PERU course!

Combine it with a little of that good old survival Spanish!

George
Trujillo, Peru
University of Leicester

Challenging but extremely rewarding.

With a coastline second to none, Northern Peru makes for a great holiday at the best of times. Studying TEFL there is one of the best decisions I could have made. The only issue I had was accommodation, provided by the course director's local contacts (she has lived in the area for years and so knows it very well). However, as soon as I brought the problem to her attention, it was resolved quickly and efficiently. The course was interesting, and challenging enough to keep you on your toes, and being "thrown in at the deep end", with teaching practice in a very basic environment, prepares you for the worst environments and when you come to teach with more technology and assistance, you will feel well into your comfort zone. Just remember to take enough money, as even though Peru is cheap, the cost can mount up, especially if you enjoy a couple of mojitos after your class, which some people do, apparently. If you're on the fence about going, forget the immensely rewarding course, and just imagine your weekends relaxing on an idillic beach or surfing the waves like a pro!

The cost of the course is very competitive, but there are some costs, such as transport and printing of materials that could have been incorporated into the cost. However, as I was part of the first course, I suspect this has been taken on board.

Response from TEFL Zorritos

Thanks for the feedback and yes, our program has developed over time. We took on board the feedback from the first group that you were part of and now charge our local students a small fee to attend the teaching practice classes to cover the cost of photocopies and materials, so that the trainee teachers don't have to pay for them. The course fee also now includes taxis twice daily to Sunset Club, so thanks for the great feedback!

TEFL Zorritos is a unique TEFL training institute located in Zorritos on the far north coast of Peru. Our trainees study in a beautiful natural setting at our beach-front outdoor training centre in Zorritos; it is a truly unique opportunity for TEFL trainees to study