TEFL Zorritos – TEFL Course in Zorritos, Peru

beach shot
beach shot
Students at the beach
Students at the beach

TEFL Zorritos offers courses in the idyllic coastal town of Zorritos in the far north of Peru. Our beach-front outdoor training centre allows our trainees to study in a beautiful natural setting.

* Small groups of 12 trainees means one on one feedback for your teaching practice classes, crucial to ensuring your development as a teacher.
* Our internationally accredited 120 hour TEFL Certificate course is taken over 4 weeks & includes 10 hours of observed teaching practice of local students of all ages & levels, as well as a complete overview of English grammar
* Our graduates will benefit from our job placement program in Peru which includes positions with a work visa, paid holidays, health insurance & pension. They also receive guaranteed lifetime job assistance.
* We offer 10 advanced certifications at no extra cost - including Teaching Business English & TOEFL Preparation

• A highly personalized course with a practical approach that adequately prepares you for teaching in the real world
  • Our job placement program includes positions in the mountain, jungle and coastal areas
  • Complete up to 10 Advanced Certifications at no extra cost
  • Receive the attention and mentoring you deserve with a maximum of 12 trainees per group

• Benefits 8.9
  • Facilities 8.1
  • Instruction 9.4
  • Academic Rigor 7.1
  • Job Assistance 9.4
victoria

AMAZING!

It was a great course! I met friends for life and from the first week to the last I feel fully prepared to start my new job and teach like a superstar. The location was amazing, the staff at the hotel were very friendly, great food as well. The course itself was never too stressful or difficult. It was hard the first week of classes because I wasn't sure what to expect but after the first week my time just flew by! I want to stay longer because it was so great here but I am very excited to have 2 weeks off before starting my job in Cuzco at Superior Ingles. I think that it will be a great base for me to base my travels out of. I will only be part time however as full time teaching opportunities are quiet rare but I feel confident I have the resources to look for additional work if I need to and can even teach online :)

Rickelle

My month in Zorritos

My experience here in Zorritos, Peru was nothing but a good time. The atmosphere the course is set in is demanding yet still has a good balance of freedom and spare time to immerse yourself in the laidback and friendly culture.

The course content was kept interesting through the use of practical and fun activities. The course trainer was very knowledgeable and supportive throughout the whole legth of the course. The on-site coordinator was a lot of help when it came to our placements and job enquiries. She also made great efforts to help us with our Spanish in her spare time.

The location was absolutely a dream, right on the beach, located in such a friendly little town full of character. The hotel was made to be felt like home since the day we arrived. The staff became a big part of our experience because how helpful and kind they were.
I am leaving knowing I met some incredible people, both staff and fellow class members.
Highly recommend the experience.

What was your funniest moment?
The funniest moments were always in class during the group activities - they were always projected with a good sense of humour and made the class even closer.
Katrina

The Best Experience

What a fantastic life experience!! I am so glad a took the opportunity to complete this course. Our location in Zorritos, Peru was phenomenal and my fellow trainees and I are now all great friends. I expect I have made lifelong friends here. Our trainer, Adan Garcia, was the best and I really believe I got the best I could've got with Adan. The course itself was set up really well, we learnt some really practical information and I especially felt like our observed teaching practice was really helpful. We got to teach some local children and adults which was a really cool experience. Our students were amazing and I really enjoyed getting to teach them and watching them improve throughout our classes. I would recommend this course to anybody and if you are thinking about it - do it. I am so happy to have done this.

Bring a good attitude and take every opportunity to have fun. This will be the most fantastic experience if you want it to be.
Denise

Highly recommend!!!

Not only did I learn so much, but I had such a great time completing the course. Every aspect was done really well, and having to undertake practice teaching classes to real students has allowed me to start my teaching job with confidence! The course instructor and coordinator were so lovely and helpful every step of the way, and all information I needed was provided.
The classroom and accomodation was situated right on the beach, so we were basically learning our TEFL course in paradise. There was 11 students in our class, and I found this small class size to be perfect for being able to get the attention and guidance that you need, especially since I had no prior teach experience. Overall, I had such an amazing experience, and learned a lot, so would highly recommend!!!!!

Keegan

Uncle Keegan’s review

How bloody good was that! I’m super pumped about this course and what it’s briught to me. 10/10 group of people to learn with. 10/10 teaching staff. Great location, wandering around zorritos and finding all of its cool restaurants and bars was a hoot n a half! Various activities we did took us to Tumbes amongst the mangroves and out to sea to witness a few humpback whales hopping out the water. Adan and Cindy were a wicked influence and a great help throughout the course. Also Diego, ripper fella, got the group out and about and took me surfing every morn which was a highlight! Diego also have some wicked feedback which was really helpful! Apon completion i feel super confident in my new found teaching ability and super pumped to get out and teach! Thanks to everyone involved!

Not a lot to improve, great location, great staff, super helpful! Anyone coming here in the future will be given a professional experience whilst making friends along the way. Stoked :)
Kacper

Best experience of my life so far

I was on the fence for a long time about whether or not to come to Peru to do this course, but I can truly say that deciding to come, has been the best decision I have made in my life so far. The course has been very informative and eye opening and the opportunity to teach actual students has made me realize just how much satisfaction there is in teaching people, and seeing their face when they manage to say a word that they were struggling with, or when they manage to ask you that first full sentence question. What makes this an even better experience is that when you come here, you will meet many friends for life. And not to mention that the teachers here at TEFL Zorritos are great and they lead you through the whole experience very well. You will never regret coming to TEFL Zorritos.

Robert

Believe the hype!!

This was a highly enjoyable, rewarding and challenging course that has changed my life in terms of where I will live and work in the future. The location is perfect and the trainers do everything they can to help, whilst being incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and encouraging throughout.

The course is really interesting, fun and gives you ten hours of invaluable classroom experience, during which you learn so much as to the do's and don't's of teaching. They're also really rewarding and fun too, as you're really helping the local people learn and improve their English! The feedback was always constructive and really helped me to progress and improve. The staff here also really, really help you get a job afterwards.

It's a truly great experience and I've learnt a lot from it. I cannot sing its praises enough!!

I honestly can't think of a way that this course can be improved!
Martine Sharon

Tefl Zorritos

Overall this was a very positive experience., the staff were friendly and helpful.
The only problem was that I attended when there were a high number of school & university trips & other celebrations which meant that guests were partying until the early hours of the morning every night. This meant very little sleep as the hotel staff began work by 6 o'clock each morning. This has an impact as you are teaching (after your lessons during the day) until 9.00 at night.
However the TEFL Zorritos staff have given good advice and guidance in teaching and finding employment at the end of the course.

Jack

Tefel Review

Overall the course was great, I learnt what I needed to know and gained the experience required to complete the course. Adan, Yola and Cindy were very healpful and supportivve throughout the course. The course was straight forward and easy to follow and enjoyable at the same time. The location was interesting and challenging. I felt that the pre course assesment was unessesary as we did not receive any infomation although we did get an undwerstanding of what would be in the course.

Maybe by changing locations to a larger city or town in Peru
Molly

10/10 woop woop

Next week I will start working at my dream job in Huaraz that TEFL Zorritos set me up with. I cannot imagine stepping into that classroom without the 10 hours of practice teaching that TEFL Zorritos equipped me with. Adan, the teacher, was enthusiastic and competent. Yolande, the on-site coordinator was incredible! She was dedicated to solving any problems we had during the course and worked tirelessly to get us all a job.

I loved that the beach was right outside my window and that I got to train in the country I wanted a job in.

Teresa

TEFL Zorritos, Peru

Yolanda and Adan were GREAT!
They were both supportive and helped us in every way. We had a tour of the town before the course began, which was very useful.

They guided us in any area that we needed assistancein, and offered a lot of extra advice and answered every question anyone had.

They also got us all a job, and told us how to apply to do TEFL teaching in the future.

I am really happy that I did this course and was happy with all the support.

To get copies of the books we might/will be working from.
Shana

Ms Shana

Overall, i would say i am happy with the course, i am happy to finally achieve my TEFL certificate. I am very happy with Adan as a teacher, i feel he had our best interests at heart and did his best to ensure that we understood everything. I enjoyed the 10 hours of practice teaching and receiving my feedback each day, it allowed me to see where i went right and wrong each time helping me to improve and be deliver a more improved lesson each time.

n/a
Alesha

TEFL Zorritos

My overall experience was overwhelming and exciting! I learnt a lot about myself during this course and exceeded what i thought i was capable of.
The staff were very assisting when needed and would help in any way they were able to. There were certain times when i felt like i wasn't able to get through the course and the staff were very uplifting in getting my back on track.
This course is amazing and very rewarding. I'd recommend to all!
I look forward to taking my teaching globally!

female headshot
Joanne

TEFL Zorritos

this is a 10/10 company - i would recommend this group to anyone wanting to get out into the world and see things from a different perspective. Ellie and the crew were amazing in their support and their training. I was able to be placed in a job before i even finished the certificate - they are efficient, knowledgeable, reliable and proactive. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and cannot wait for the next leg of my journey to Arequipa.

they shouldn't change a thing
Beazleton

TEFL Zorritos is Worth It!!

TEFL Zorritos is an amazing program for acquiring a valuable certificate at a great price with lots of support. Ellie is an amazing teacher. She knows her subject inside and out and has a ton of amazing experiences backing up that knowledge. She makes the learning fun and is great at supporting her students through the practice classes and answering any questions that might come up during the month long class.

I would have liked some more discussion on teaching methods and learning styles.

Location:
Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport
( CUZ )
Rodríguez Ballón International Airport
( AQP )

Peru is treasured for its gastronomy, Incan history, and stunning Andes mountains. As you travel, you will notice the pride the Peruvians have for their heritage of having been not only the Incan empire but Spain's South American empire. Peru's eco-tourism is growing the quickest of any South American country. If you are looking to tap into a currently less-frequented travel destination, pick Peru.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About TEFL Zorritos

TEFL Zorritos is a unique TEFL training institute located in the idyllic coastal town of Zorritos and in the beautiful colonial city of Arequipa. We offer our trainees the opportunity to study an internationally accepted TEFL Certificate course,...