TEFL Zorritos – TEFL Course in Zorritos, Peru

TEFL Zorritos offers courses in the idyllic coastal town of Zorritos in the far north of Peru. Our beach-front outdoor training centre allows our trainees to study in a beautiful natural setting.

* Small groups of 12 trainees means one on one feedback for your teaching practice classes, crucial to ensuring your development as a teacher.
* Our internationally accredited 120 hour TEFL Certificate course is taken over 4 weeks & includes 10 hours of observed teaching practice of local students of all ages & levels, as well as a complete overview of English grammar
* Our graduates will benefit from our job placement program in Peru which includes positions with a work visa, paid holidays, health insurance & pension. They also receive guaranteed lifetime job assistance.
* We offer 10 advanced certifications at no extra cost - including Teaching Business English & TOEFL Preparation

• A highly personalized course with a practical approach that adequately prepares you for teaching in the real world
  • Our job placement program includes positions in the mountain, jungle and coastal areas
  • Complete up to 10 Advanced Certifications at no extra cost
  • Receive the attention and mentoring you deserve with a maximum of 12 trainees per group

• Benefits 8.9
  • Facilities 8.1
  • Instruction 9.2
  • Academic Rigor 6.9
  • Job Assistance 9.4
Martine Sharon

Tefl Zorritos

Overall this was a very positive experience., the staff were friendly and helpful.
The only problem was that I attended when there were a high number of school & university trips & other celebrations which meant that guests were partying until the early hours of the morning every night. This meant very little sleep as the hotel staff began work by 6 o'clock each morning. This has an impact as you are teaching (after your lessons during the day) until 9.00 at night.
However the TEFL Zorritos staff have given good advice and guidance in teaching and finding employment at the end of the course.

Jack

Tefel Review

Overall the course was great, I learnt what I needed to know and gained the experience required to complete the course. Adan, Yola and Cindy were very healpful and supportivve throughout the course. The course was straight forward and easy to follow and enjoyable at the same time. The location was interesting and challenging. I felt that the pre course assesment was unessesary as we did not receive any infomation although we did get an undwerstanding of what would be in the course.

Maybe by changing locations to a larger city or town in Peru
Molly

10/10 woop woop

Next week I will start working at my dream job in Huaraz that TEFL Zorritos set me up with. I cannot imagine stepping into that classroom without the 10 hours of practice teaching that TEFL Zorritos equipped me with. Adan, the teacher, was enthusiastic and competent. Yolande, the on-site coordinator was incredible! She was dedicated to solving any problems we had during the course and worked tirelessly to get us all a job.

I loved that the beach was right outside my window and that I got to train in the country I wanted a job in.

Teresa

TEFL Zorritos, Peru

Yolanda and Adan were GREAT!
They were both supportive and helped us in every way. We had a tour of the town before the course began, which was very useful.

They guided us in any area that we needed assistancein, and offered a lot of extra advice and answered every question anyone had.

They also got us all a job, and told us how to apply to do TEFL teaching in the future.

I am really happy that I did this course and was happy with all the support.

To get copies of the books we might/will be working from.
Shana

Ms Shana

Overall, i would say i am happy with the course, i am happy to finally achieve my TEFL certificate. I am very happy with Adan as a teacher, i feel he had our best interests at heart and did his best to ensure that we understood everything. I enjoyed the 10 hours of practice teaching and receiving my feedback each day, it allowed me to see where i went right and wrong each time helping me to improve and be deliver a more improved lesson each time.

n/a
Alesha

TEFL Zorritos

My overall experience was overwhelming and exciting! I learnt a lot about myself during this course and exceeded what i thought i was capable of.
The staff were very assisting when needed and would help in any way they were able to. There were certain times when i felt like i wasn't able to get through the course and the staff were very uplifting in getting my back on track.
This course is amazing and very rewarding. I'd recommend to all!
I look forward to taking my teaching globally!

female headshot
Joanne

TEFL Zorritos

this is a 10/10 company - i would recommend this group to anyone wanting to get out into the world and see things from a different perspective. Ellie and the crew were amazing in their support and their training. I was able to be placed in a job before i even finished the certificate - they are efficient, knowledgeable, reliable and proactive. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and cannot wait for the next leg of my journey to Arequipa.

they shouldn't change a thing
Beazleton

TEFL Zorritos is Worth It!!

TEFL Zorritos is an amazing program for acquiring a valuable certificate at a great price with lots of support. Ellie is an amazing teacher. She knows her subject inside and out and has a ton of amazing experiences backing up that knowledge. She makes the learning fun and is great at supporting her students through the practice classes and answering any questions that might come up during the month long class.

I would have liked some more discussion on teaching methods and learning styles.
Grace

Loved TEFL Zorritos!

The course is challenging but completely rewarding at the same time! I came from a complete beginners level with no prior tertiary education of the teaching world and was given all the tools I needed to host effective English language lessons. This course allows you to be exposed to a variety of levels and ages to put your teaching techniques to the test.
The consistent support and encouragement is motivating throughout the entire course and job application process.
Zorritos is also a beautiful place to study, we were based close to the town centre and right across from the school (where practise classes are done) I highly recommend Paradise TEFL Zorritos with Ellie and the team and to book directly rather than going through any third parties- Ellie gives you all the support you need!

Jemma

TEFL Zorritos!

I definitely wasn't too sure what I was getting myself into but that was half the fun of it. It gets to be long hours but they're rewarding and it's a completely unique experience that offers plenty of future opportunities as well as those simple travel stories that your friends and family love to hear. You walk away with a feeling of accomplishment and enrichment. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone wanting to do something out of their comfort zone!

I'm hard pressed to think of any!
Lauren

Come to Zorritos

Had a great time learning how to teach English here in Zorritos. The teachers were amazing and I made some really good friends that I am now going to live with while teaching here in Peru. Hotel Maradentro is great, right on the beach and the owner Flavio is a real treat. Teaching the practise classes ended up being not as scary as anticipated and even had a bit of fun with them! could not teach english without this course, have learnt so much.

Only side note I would say is do not go through Global work and travel. useless. They take care of everything for you here in Zorritos and Global dose not do a thing and will charge you through the nose for it. Go direct with TEFL Zorritos would be my only suggestion for this fabulous corse.

it was a blast :)

Nancy

Excellent program!

I found the TEFL Zorritos program to be an excellent value and overall experience. Ellie is a fantastic instructor with heaps of relevant experience. I cannot even imagine doing a course on-line, you would literally miss out on the majority of a good course, as it's got to be done in practice. We had lots of time to practice planning lessons and teaching the local community. Very beneficial experience, I am leaving feeling quite prepared. Finishing on a Friday and interviewing in person for a job on Monday morning, so that's fabulous as well! Thanks!

Reliable internet connection
Toni

Amazing.

In simple terms, this course was amazing.

I felt supported the entire time. After every class I taught I was given extensive feedback. What I did well, where I could tweak things to make them better and given an estimate of my teacher talk time.

The course taught me to appreciate aspects of teaching that I had not considered before, such as teaching talk time and ensuring all four skills areas were covered each lesson using simple activities.

Ellie, the instructor was a great help and was constantly positive. She, both made us feel like respected future teachers and showed us what it was like to be a student learning a foreign language. This was really useful because it allows me to now empathise with my students especially when planning my lessons.

Furthermore, because Ellie ensures the class sizes are small it means everyone gets to know each other quickly and easily. This meant lessons were fun and weekends and evenings were never dull.

The location of the course could not have been better. It is in right on the beach, on the grounds of a great hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the food is amazing.

I highly reccommend this course to anyone, especially those that are nervous about entering a classroom as a teacher. This course will improve your confidence leaps and bounds.

Whilst the location of the course is perfect, I would suggest staying elsewhere if you wanted a bit more of a nightlife. The course offers alternative accommodation which is better for those interested in going out in the evenings for a drink or dinner.

Although, it is not impossible to do this from Zorritos.
Barnaby

Wonderful experience

A great and challenging course in a wonderful location, was even better than i had hoped. i went in with a lot of doubts as hadn't studied for quite some time, its given me the confidence for a change of career and a different future, While the course is quite intensive, it is great in the fact that you do get so much time to prepare and give your practical lessons. Both Ellie and Brittney were very supportive throughout and with helping of placement both during and after. In particular trying to find positions that suited everyone's personal needs

Angel

Remarkable Experience

This course was a great way to be introduced to and learn about a field in which I had no prior experience. Ellie, my course coordinator was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful in all areas relating to TEFL as well as to adjusting to life in Peru. The course location, Zorritos, is a charming, sleepy beach town which offers an authentic view of Peruvian life unaffected by tourism. It helped to balance the intensity of the course on days in which we had training in the morning and teaching in the evening. The 10 hours of practice teaching was essential in having a real life application of everything previously learnt. All of the students were locals from the surrounding area of all levels and age-groups. The ability to create and teach your own lessons from scratch and receive feedback on it, as well as the incredible support system afforded to you by completing this course, in my opinion, would be your greatest assets.

Although this course is already exceptional, I would say the only room for improvement would be to have trainees get a little more exposure to syllabus usage and creation. Having said that, even though there was minimum exposure to this, there was maximum exposure to lesson plans and lesson materials which was great.

About TEFL Zorritos

TEFL Zorritos is a unique TEFL training institute located in Zorritos on the far north coast of Peru. Our trainees study in a beautiful natural setting at our beach-front outdoor training centre in Zorritos; it is a truly unique opportunity for TEFL...