• Online

CIEE’S 150 HOUR TEFL COURSE INCLUDES:

Internationally recognized TEFL certification in 3 months
130 hours of online course work
20-hour practicum component
Individualized instruction and feedback from highly qualified teacher trainer
Small class sizes so you can build strong relationships with classmates
Lifetime job placement assistance
Dec 13, 2021
Jan 11, 2022
9 travelers are looking at this program

CIEE has been the leader in international education since 1947. CIEE TEFL courses continue that tradition by providing the highest quality TEFL training to aspiring English teachers. Here are 5 reasons to choose CIEE TEFL:

1. Academic Quality and Accreditation - Course material designed by TEFL experts and accredited by ACCET, which is recognized by the US Dept. of Education.
2. Highly Qualified Teacher Trainers - Individualized instruction by TEFL tutors with Masters degrees in TESOL or equivalent qualifications
3. Small Class Sizes - Classes capped at 16 students so you can build strong relationships with your classmates and tutor.
4. TEFL Practicum Component - Put what you learn into practice with a 20 hour TEFL Practicum
5. Lifetime Job Placement Assistance - We're here to help you find your ideal job teaching abroad or online.

CIEE TEFL's flagship 150-hour TEFL certification course completed over 11 weeks exceeds international standards and will set you up for success!

Program Highlights

• 130 hours of online course work with 20-hour practicum component
  • Gain cross-cultural literacy (the relationship between culture and language)
  • Develop a deeper understanding of the English language (English metacognition)
  • Access to CIEE TEFL's Complete Comprehensive Job Assistance Guide
  • Discounted tuition for supplemental CIEE TEFL courses to further professional development

• 9-10 rating 72.87%
  • Engagement 9.4
  • Platform 9.3
Megan

CIEE TEFL Program

I thought this was a very enjoyable and impressive program. I completed the 150 hour certification. The course was engaging and it challenged me. I learned way more than I thought I would. The course moved at a good pace and prepared me for various classroom settings. The instructor gave great feedback and was invested. I also felt like there were good opportunities to connect with other people in the course, which can be difficult these days in the virtual world. I highly recommend CIEE for all their programs!!!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have done this program sooner! Not only did I genuinely enjoy the course but I wish I had done it years ago to travel and teach abroad.
1 person found this review helpful.
Evan

Good program, I felt much more ready to teach after completing it.

This was a good program. It was in-depth and had useful content with lots of ideas for activities, ways to structure classes, and basic principles that can be applied all the time. There are some things that seem obvious once you learn them but are easy to overlook if you are new to teaching. I felt much more ready to teach after finishing the program and would recommend it.

I would add some more videos of examples of teachers implementing an activity that went very well. There were a good number of videos to critique and talk about how they could be better but it's always valuable to see that in action when things are done well. There were some but it could benefit from more. Still thought it was a great program overall.
Curtis

Great Resource For Professional Development

This is a great resource for both aspiring and current educators. As a world language teacher, I know how difficult it can be to find satisfying professional development courses. This program exceeded my expectations. I feel this program both helps you to become reacquainted with concepts you've learned in the past as well as provides opportunities for you to gain exposure to new pedagogy approaches. I especially recommend this experience for World Language/ ESL teachers in search of engaging professional development opportunities.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The high level of engagement was the most surprising thing for me.
Anaiya

CIEE TEFL Course

I really loved my experience in the TEFL course provided by CIEE. The course was easy to navigate through, my peers and tutor were helpful and engaging, and I learned a lot from the course material. I also very much enjoyed gaining my practicum hours for my TEFL teaching certificate by gaining teaching experience through Project Boomerang. I would teach high school students in Puerto Rico via Zoom calls, which was extremely convenient and flexible. My tutor and director of the course were all great helpers.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
My most nerve-racking moment in this class was taking the final exam.
Melissa

CIEE TEFL Certification Course

I completed the 150 hour certification course. CIEE did an outstanding job of preparing me before the course, supporting me during and after the course. There’s a lot of excellent and interesting material but requires the students to move very quickly! They were always helpful and encouraging. As soon as I was ready, they set me up with a dream placement that was maybe the best experience of my life. I’m preparing to go to a different country soon which they also coordinated. I’m signed up to take a 30 hour specialized certification course and looking forward to it!!

Go for it!! You will regret the things you didn’t do. I used my TEFL certification to go to teach in Spain in the middle of an extreme Covid lockdown. I was nervous and thought about not going,, but so glad I did!! I LOVED my city, schools, students, new friends, food, history and architecture, travel and overall experience.
Alexander

My Time in CIEE TEFL

After graduating from Temple with a degree in Chinese, I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do. Add in the complications of a worldwide pandemic, and I was stuck at home with a degree I didn't know what to do with, and a part-time job at my university that could and probably would end soon.

Even in the before times, before the pandemic, I was interested in becoming a teacher. Possibly a Mandarin teacher in the United States, or maybe an English teacher in China. As I thought about what to do, I came to the idea that I should get a TEFL certificate. That way, I would have the certification to at least teach English, and I could potentially get a job being an online teacher, both to save up some money and gain experience so that when the world opened up again, I would be able to be a teacher.

The decision to pick CIEE was an easy one. I had already went through CIEE to study abroad in Beijing in 2018, and I had an amazing time. It also helped that as an alum, I got a discount on tuition. So, I signed up for CIEE.

The course itself was entirely online, with weekly video meetings, and assignments that were due on certain days. This is where I began to run into problems; I have ADHD, which makes it quite difficult for me to regulate my time and stay on task. I began to fall behind.

To my immense relief and eternal gratitude, CIEE was more than helpful. After emailing and discussing my situation with the professor, I got accommodations to assist me in my work. I know it's often said that places of learning "want you to succeed," but it's never been more obvious with CIEE. They truly went above and beyond to help me, and I will always recommend it!

Of course, I did have to put in the work. None of CIEE's accommodations would have helped me if I didn't put in the work myself to catch up. They will help you get to where you need to be, but they will not help you float by with minimal effort.

The professors were kind and always answered any questions we had about the material. The material itself was easy to understand, if a bit tedious to work through. The course is designed so that wherever you end up teaching, you will have the tools needed.

I feel that I learned many things that will help me in my journey to become a language teacher, and for anyone considering the same, whether it's a passion for language or a resume builder, I recommend getting certified through CIEE!

The program is designed so that you will be prepared no matter where you end up teaching English. As a result, many things are generalized and somewhat vague. I certainly learned a lot about planning for lessons, and how to interact with young learners, but some specifics (such as how to teach about articles like "a," "an," and "the" to learners whose native language doesn't have them) were left out. I'm not sure how I would integrate this into the course, but maybe adding some more grammar points would help.
Amelia

Excellent Program!

The CIEE program is interactive, informative, and thorough. It has taught me so much and I am so glad I decided to complete the program. The teacher is professional and engaging and all of the material is targeted and very informational. The assignments help in understanding and engaging teaching muscles and the live classes really help to cement knowledge and how to apply it.
For anyone considering teaching English as a foreign language courses, this is the one to choose. It costs less than a college class and teaches just as much if not more!

Candice

Content rich with practical application

The modules and assignments are relatable and provide practical application of the material presented. The hours and content volume descripted in the recruitment materials are accurate, yet also manageable. Your personal motivation will drive you along with the usefulness of what you are learning. I've been a secondary teacher, administrator and coach however much of what was provided in these modules differed from what was taught in our teacher induction programs. The emphasis on intercultural education is vital for ALL educators!