• Thailand
Early Childhood Middle School High School University Students

Program Details

Qualifications
  • Native English speaker
  • Bachelor’s degree in any field
  • Citizenship in the United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or South Africa
  • Must be 50 years of age or younger
Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Middle School High School University Students
Age Max

Pricing

Salary / Benefits
Participants earn at least 28,000 baht and up to 33,000 baht per month and receive free, furnished accommodation. Additional experience could earn a higher salary.

Whats included with CIEE

Job placement prior to departure
iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services
24/7 support from staff in Thailand while you're abroad
Multi-day orientation – including excursions, meals, and accommodation
Provided accommodation
Transport to your assignment
Cultural and professional development activities
What's Included
Accommodation Some Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Some Meals Travel Insurance
What's Not Included
Airfare
Jan 19, 2022
Dec 18, 2021
41 travelers are looking at this program

Stress free placement in Thailand includes: monthly stipend, provided housing, and teaching placement/legal work visa BEFORE departure. You'll know exactly where you are going to be teaching before confirming your participation on the program and we will help you obtain a legal work visa.

The CIEE Teach in Thailand program places teachers in paid positions teaching English at primary and secondary public and private schools in locations all across this beautiful country for 6 or 12 months.

CIEE will be there to support you through every step of teaching abroad. In addition to finding a job for you in Thailand, you will be provided complete pre-departure support including an online course to help you prepare for your adventure in Thailand and comprehensive visa support. Our orientation upon arrival and 24/7 in-country support will ensure you're set up for success both inside and outside the classroom!

Program Highlights

• Job placement prior to departure
  • Pre-departure support– including visa assistance and a comprehensive online pre-departure course
  • iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services
  • Multi-day orientation – including excursions, meals, and accommodation
  • Provided accommodation

Current Teaching Jobs

View the latest teaching job postings by CIEE Teach Abroad & TEFL.

• 9-10 rating 82.41%
  • 7-8 rating 16.67%
  • 5-6 rating 0.93%
  • Benefits 9
  • Facilities 8.3
Kaylee

Teach in Thailand Review

I have really enjoyed using CIEE to travel to Thailand as a teacher! They have been so willingly helpful since I started my application process back in 2020, and they continue to provide full support for me during my time abroad. Everyone in the staff is very kind and attentive. They are always looking to do whatever they can to make this experience the best it can be for us. I would absolutely recommend using this program to travel abroad because they have made every moment easy, fun and worthwhile!

Say YES to everything! Life is every country is different, so you have to be willing to try things that you may not have at home. You never know what funny moment or amazing memory could be waiting for you just outside your comfort zone!
Raye

CIEE Teach in Thailand Program

I recently graduated from Louisiana Tech University in March 2021 and began teaching science and English to secondary students (7th through 12th grade) in Thailand in October of 2021. I was lucky enough to be placed in Phuket. CIEE is a little pricey but totally worth every penny. They help with all of the paper work and over seas communication. They helped me feel safe and secure traveling alone to live in a new place. I always knew I had the correct documents when traveling and to work as a foreigner. I would have been lost if I'd tried to move to a new country alone for the first time. They also follow up with you and make sure your doing well once you are settled in to your new position. The transition is of course challenging but CIEE helps ease that. The work load you have a teacher varies greatly depending on the subject and age you are teaching, but that has nothing to do with CIEE.

It'd be great if teachers were able to receive the classes they'll be teaching before the arrive in Thailand so that they can begin preparing early.
Rachel

Teach in Thailand

I came across CIEE through a simple Google search knowing little about it. After exploring the website I decided to apply for their Teach in Thailand program. I didn’t know much about traveling abroad or what that process would look like, but I decided to apply. After submitting my application I anxiously awaited to hear back about my acceptance. When I heard back from CIEE, they were quick to send me a timeline of steps I needed to take to begin my journey in Thailand. The process of traveling and teaching abroad is not an easy one, and it was much harder than expected. Everything is time sensitive and going through this process alone would've been very stressful. I am so thankful that CIEE was there every step of the way. My coordinator, Shanice, was available by phone and email whenever needed and was quick to respond back. With the amount of questions I was constantly asking I was so thankful I found such a supportive organization that was so willing to help. Even after I had arrived in Thailand and started my teaching, CIEE checked back in with me to make sure all was well. I couldn’t be more happy with my decision!

My best advice, as cliche as it sounds, is to always say yes and be willing to get out of your comfort zone. I have been teaching abroad for a little over a month, and I’ve already done so many things I never thought I’d do. Teaching in a foreign country is all about trying new things, and to get the most out of your experience you need to say yes to things that might seem scary at first.
Aisha

TEACH IN THAILAND

For me, the best part about this program has been the application process and the support from CIEE. It is very hard to apply for jobs abroad - there are so many uncertainties and questions. You don’t know who to trust, you can’t be sure if there will be transparency. It is always best to go to teach abroad through a reputable organization like CIEE. For me, the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are in safe hands and that things will be taken care of, can’t be overstated. CIEE was upfront with me about every aspect of living and working in Thailand. Their organization helped answer all my questions and their partners in Thailand, OEG, prepared us for working in Thai schools. I feel safe knowing I can reach out to CIEE anytime, with any questions. I am hopeful, that after my job in Thailand comes to an end, I can work in other programs in other countries that CIEE offers.

Emily

CIEE/OEG Teach in Thailand - One Year

I was lucky because all of my teach abroad preferences were able to have been met (placement/student age/etc.) and the support from many of the teachers at my school has been very helpful while trying to acclimate. I didn't go to school for teaching and hadn't really planned to teach, but the nature of Thai schools and my workload have both helped build lots of confidence in that area. As far as pre-departure preparation, CIEE was extremely helpful and I don't think I could have navigated this on my own

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I heard lots of stories about teachers starting their first day with no experience in Thai schools and being given a full schedule, but no amount of reading will fully prepare anyone for what that was like (especially having to teach content on the first day without the ability to prepare). But the students are really special and helpful, which I hadn't fully taken into account before I came. And time is/was the most important factor in trying to overcome that type of stress- I am still in the trial-and-error period, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable in my progress.
Lily

CIEE review!

CIEE was such an awesome program that provided a significant amount of support throughout the whole process. I was really overwhelmed by the visa process and they made it as simple as possible and walked me through every step I needed! They also connected me with such an awesome school in Thailand! I wish the program was a little less expensive but I don't feel like the price hasn't been worth it. I would recommend this program for people feeling overwhelmed by visas and finding schools because CIEE did a great job helping me with all of that!

James

AMAZING!!!

CIEE have been absolutely exceptional in every way!

Before I applied with CIEE to Teach in Thailand, the staff (namely Shanice and Stephen) were very friendly and responsive! Both happy to answer an onslaught of questions with clarity and reassurance.

The pre-departure process was made seamless and the orientation in country was loads of fun! I could not have felt more prepared to live and teach here! I'm having a great time now and feel I can always contact CIEE for help if needed. :)

Expect a busy and challenging first month- getting used to the language, the food, the time difference, the weather, the new curriculum you'll be teaching etc.! After you've adjusted however, you'll have lots of time to explore and adventure! There's lots to do here, so try everything!!
Drew

Thailand experience

I have been here a month and love it! Both CIEE and OEG helped me so much with the difficult transition that comes with moving across the world. My coworkers are amazing and so welcoming! I also got to meet lots of people from my OEG program and get to travel and explore with them on weekends. There can be challenging days but I know that’s what makes me stronger. The food is absolutely delicious and the views are gorgeous! This is definitely the opportunity of a lifetime and I’m so glad I’m here!