• Thailand
Early Childhood Middle School High School University Students

Program Details

Qualifications
  • Native English speaker
  • Bachelor’s degree in any field
  • Citizenship in the United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or South Africa
  • Must be 50 years of age or younger
Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Middle School High School University Students
Age Max

Pricing

Salary / Benefits
Participants earn at least 28,000 baht and up to 33,000 baht per month and receive free, furnished accommodation. Additional experience could earn a higher salary.

Whats included with CIEE

Job placement prior to departure
iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services
24/7 support from staff in Thailand while you're abroad
Multi-day orientation – including excursions, meals, and accommodation
Provided accommodation
Transport to your assignment
Cultural and professional development activities
What's Included
Accommodation Some Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Some Meals Travel Insurance
What's Not Included
Airfare
Jan 19, 2022
Jun 07, 2022
71 travelers are looking at this program

Stress free placement in Thailand includes: monthly stipend, provided housing, and teaching placement/legal work visa BEFORE departure. You'll know exactly where you are going to be teaching before confirming your participation on the program and we will help you obtain a legal work visa.

The CIEE Teach in Thailand program places teachers in paid positions teaching English at primary and secondary public and private schools in locations all across this beautiful country for 6 or 12 months.

CIEE will be there to support you through every step of teaching abroad. In addition to finding a job for you in Thailand, you will be provided complete pre-departure support including an online course to help you prepare for your adventure in Thailand and comprehensive visa support. Our orientation upon arrival and 24/7 in-country support will ensure you're set up for success both inside and outside the classroom!

Program Highlights

• Job placement prior to departure
  • Pre-departure support– including visa assistance and a comprehensive online pre-departure course
  • iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services
  • Multi-day orientation – including excursions, meals, and accommodation
  • Provided accommodation

Current Teaching Jobs

View the latest teaching job postings by CIEE Teach Abroad & TEFL.

• 5 rating 83.04%
  • Benefits 4.65
  • Facilities 4.35
Eden

Travel With CIEE!

CIEE creates a fun, safe, and collaborative environment! I taught in Uttaradit for 6 months and had so much support through CIEE staff, the locals, and the other members of my travel buddies. I had plenty of time on the weekends and holidays to travel, whether that was by myself or with the friends I met along the way. Figuring out the ins and outs of traveling was easy with CIEE. I was paid almost double what locals get paid, so money was never an issue. Things in Thailand tend to be cheap too.

Response from CIEE Teach Abroad & TEFL

We're so glad you had such an amazing experience teaching in Thailand and felt supported by CIEE throughout the experience!

Michaela

Teach in Thailand

I would 100% recommend the Teach in Thailand program through CIEE. Following college, I had the dream of teaching while traveling abroad, and through this organization, that dream was able to come true. CIEE was affordable, reliable and helped make the pre-departure process go as smooth as possible. I highly advise doing this program, and have absolutely nothing negative to say. This was by far the opportunity of a lifetime! I was able to travel the country, teach the MOST adorable students all while making a surplus of friends.

Pros
  • I was able to be fully immersed in a new culture.
  • I made tons of life-long friends!
  • I got to travel for CHEAP
Mary

IF YOU'RE WANTING TO TEACH ABROAD, CHOOSE CIEE

After graduating from college, I was looking for opportunities to teach abroad and CIEE was highly recommended; I am so happy I decided to do this experience with them! Before I even officially applied for the program, I was able to speak with the Teach In Thailand US coordinator to gather details about the program such as pay and housing. I also made frequent calls with her when applying for the program (it's a rigorous process to teach in Asia and I needed a lot of support, CIEE was there for me the whole application process!)They have continued to support me through my teaching and living in Thailand for the past 6 months. I trust this program so much that I decided to sign up for a full year abroad, and it has been the best decision! (bonus perk, you get a stipend for teaching for the entire year and a 10% discount if you sign up for another program with them again). So many non-CIEE teachers that I have spoken to in Thailand have had questionable or difficult experiences with the program they chose to travel and teach with; I can honestly say I have NO complaints with my experience with CIEE! The support you have with the team in Thailand is so amazing; I've gotten support anywhere from step-by-step Visa application instructions to restaurant and hostel recommendations! If you are wanting to teach abroad, I would DEFINITELY go with CIEE

Pros
  • Getting paid to travel, adventure, and experience new cultures
  • The local people are SO kind, helpful, and respectful of teachers!
  • The food!
Response from CIEE Teach Abroad & TEFL

Thanks, Mary! We're so glad you have felt supported by CIEE during every step of your journey teaching abroad in Thailand.

Rachel

Teach in Thailand 12 months

After graduating college I decided that I wanted to teach abroad. When I researched programs CIEE was one of the first ones to come up. CIEE provided many unique teaching opportunities that really stuck out to me. I decided to apply for their 12 month Teach in Thailand Program, and it was the best decision I have made! CIEE supported me through every step of the application process. Even as I've been teaching and living here for nearly half a year they are still here to support me. I have grown so much through this experience and can not wait to see what the next few months hold!

Pros
  • Experience a new culture
  • Get out of your comfort zone
  • Meet new people
Response from CIEE Teach Abroad & TEFL

That's awesome to hear you're having such a positive experience teaching in Thailand and feel so supported by CIEE. Thanks for sharing!

Kaylee

Teach in Thailand Review

I have really enjoyed using CIEE to travel to Thailand as a teacher! They have been so willingly helpful since I started my application process back in 2020, and they continue to provide full support for me during my time abroad. Everyone in the staff is very kind and attentive. They are always looking to do whatever they can to make this experience the best it can be for us. I would absolutely recommend using this program to travel abroad because they have made every moment easy, fun and worthwhile!

Say YES to everything! Life is every country is different, so you have to be willing to try things that you may not have at home. You never know what funny moment or amazing memory could be waiting for you just outside your comfort zone!
Raye

CIEE Teach in Thailand Program

I recently graduated from Louisiana Tech University in March 2021 and began teaching science and English to secondary students (7th through 12th grade) in Thailand in October of 2021. I was lucky enough to be placed in Phuket. CIEE is a little pricey but totally worth every penny. They help with all of the paper work and over seas communication. They helped me feel safe and secure traveling alone to live in a new place. I always knew I had the correct documents when traveling and to work as a foreigner. I would have been lost if I'd tried to move to a new country alone for the first time. They also follow up with you and make sure your doing well once you are settled in to your new position. The transition is of course challenging but CIEE helps ease that. The work load you have a teacher varies greatly depending on the subject and age you are teaching, but that has nothing to do with CIEE.

It'd be great if teachers were able to receive the classes they'll be teaching before the arrive in Thailand so that they can begin preparing early.
Rachel

Teach in Thailand

I came across CIEE through a simple Google search knowing little about it. After exploring the website I decided to apply for their Teach in Thailand program. I didn’t know much about traveling abroad or what that process would look like, but I decided to apply. After submitting my application I anxiously awaited to hear back about my acceptance. When I heard back from CIEE, they were quick to send me a timeline of steps I needed to take to begin my journey in Thailand. The process of traveling and teaching abroad is not an easy one, and it was much harder than expected. Everything is time sensitive and going through this process alone would've been very stressful. I am so thankful that CIEE was there every step of the way. My coordinator, Shanice, was available by phone and email whenever needed and was quick to respond back. With the amount of questions I was constantly asking I was so thankful I found such a supportive organization that was so willing to help. Even after I had arrived in Thailand and started my teaching, CIEE checked back in with me to make sure all was well. I couldn’t be more happy with my decision!

My best advice, as cliche as it sounds, is to always say yes and be willing to get out of your comfort zone. I have been teaching abroad for a little over a month, and I’ve already done so many things I never thought I’d do. Teaching in a foreign country is all about trying new things, and to get the most out of your experience you need to say yes to things that might seem scary at first.
Aisha

TEACH IN THAILAND

For me, the best part about this program has been the application process and the support from CIEE. It is very hard to apply for jobs abroad - there are so many uncertainties and questions. You don’t know who to trust, you can’t be sure if there will be transparency. It is always best to go to teach abroad through a reputable organization like CIEE. For me, the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are in safe hands and that things will be taken care of, can’t be overstated. CIEE was upfront with me about every aspect of living and working in Thailand. Their organization helped answer all my questions and their partners in Thailand, OEG, prepared us for working in Thai schools. I feel safe knowing I can reach out to CIEE anytime, with any questions. I am hopeful, that after my job in Thailand comes to an end, I can work in other programs in other countries that CIEE offers.