• South Korea
52+ weeks
Feb 10, 2017
Jan 16, 2022
9 travelers are looking at this program

EnglishWork.com is a recruiting agency specializing in the ESL Job industry in Korea. We have been devoted exclusively to helping native English speakers and school administrators obtain and fill positions in ESL/EFL Schools in Korea. The agency, directed by experienced recruiters and placement counselors, has placed hundreds teachers through the years. We use our expertise in the hiring process to bring about a successful result for both candidates and schools alike.

Current Teaching Jobs

View the latest teaching job postings by English Work.

• 9-10 rating 88.37%
  • 7-8 rating 11.63%
  • Benefits 9.2
  • Facilities 9.1
Biansa

Great Experience

This was a great recruitment site. It was straightforward to manage. My recruiter, Michael, always stayed in touch with me, and he worked very efficiently to help me get in touch with schools. He set up an interview with a private school within a week of meeting me. He also provided excellent advice on how to ace my interview. I was able to get that job, and he later helped me with the paperwork process.

I am settling in well with my new school, and I am very excited about this opportunity. It would not be possible without Michael and English Work.

Kyle

Great, Quick and highly Efficient Service

Michael is extremely professional and brutally efficient and very honest and reliable.
He knows the system extremely well. Over the last 2 years, I had signed 3 other job contracts but never managed to reach the end goal. He managed to push the entire process through within 8 weeks from first contact to arrival in Korea. Out of those 8 weeks, roughly 5 weeks was literally bureaucracy waiting for the visa which nothing could be done to increase the speed.

He is very honest when talking about positions. He will not tell you a school is lovely just to get you to go and he will give you plenty of advice before your interview and try to find a placement that suits you best.
My placement school is fantastic and my co-workers are highly supportive. The working conditions are exactly like Michael described. I would highly recommend him and if I want to move location to another Private academy in Korea in a new city, I will not hesitate to contact him again. c:

Korean Quarantine is very rough. Be prepared for it. You might have less food than you'd like and be extremely bored. Make sure you bring plug converters or something for entertainment. And the quarantine officials are extremely strict.
My wifi in my apartment was not good and kept disconnecting so officials showed up thinking I broke quarantine. Fortunately, my employers managed to communicate with them to explain everything and it was fine.
Lastly, make sure you come to work, and not travel. As you are unlikely to get many holiday allowances aside from weekends. Fortunately, Korea is small enough that you can go almost anywhere for a weekend trip. But make sure your primary reason is to work and you enjoy working with kids.
Ellie

English Works review

Michael was very helpful in informing me of any relevant documents needed for my E2 visa application. As well as reputable places to attain things like signed apostile copies.

He was quick in finding me multiple possible schools and giving me appropriate information about these and getting me interviews.

Because of Michael, I found a good school I have been happily working at for 1 year and I have just renewed my contract for another year.

However, should I ever need to find another school in the future, I would happily contact Michael again.

John

Highly recommend

Michael helped me through the entire hiring process. He would always respond very quickly to any questions or concerns and gave very clear instructions which helped avoid delays in the process. I still managed to have a delay because of the bureaucracy but he helped with that too.
Once all the paperwork was sorted, he got me 2 interviews in the first week, one of which is where I ended up.
Once the location was decided he even helped me get in contact with the other teachers.
Great experience and great help overall.

What was your funniest moment?
I taught a bunch of six year olds how to dab which led them making that their default greeting to me and the other teachers. "Hi teacher! *dab*".Makes me laugh every time.
Sophie

Would highly recommend English work!

Michael is really helpful through the whole process. He found me a school really quickly & gave me lots of information about the school, contracts & their work ethics/expectations. After I passed the interview Michael helped me get all my documents & could recommend where I should get them from. Arranged airport pickup & has helped every step of the way. The school have also been really amazing & have helped with everything! Would definitely recommend working with English work, I’m so glad I did.

Michael

Michael was a great help throughout the employment process!

Michael was great throughout the whole employment process.

When my partner and I were applying for jobs, Michael found available jobs extremely quickly, and put our CVs forward to arrange interviews.

When we accepted our new job, Michael continued his support, making sure we had all of our documents prepared. He helped us through the arrival process (which was very helpful as it was during Covid times and there were many obstacles!).

Overall, he made the process very smooth from start to finish.

Sara

Would definitely recommend!

Michael was great in helping my boyfriend and I find a job in Korea. He was professional throughout and reassured us often as we were looking for work during the pandemic. He gave us various job options and interviews. Michael was patient whilst we made a decision on which job was the most suitable for us. He was very friendly on the calls that we had with him which made the process very smooth. Michael helped us with our legal forms and gave us a lot of information about the quarantine process when we arrived in Korea.
I would highly recommend Michael and English Works to anyone who is considering a move to South Korea.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Moving to a different country during the pandemic was overwhelming at times but we had reassurance from online groups and our school which definitely helped. We settled in really quickly in our new home!
Annette

Working Abroad

For those of you looking to teach in South Korea, I would definitely recommend using English work.

Michael was really helpful. He walk me through the application process for the visa, as well as, for the FBI background check and what websites to use to get everything apostille. He made the whole process of moving to Korea very easy. I am very grateful because moving overseas can be very stressful. So, it helps to have the support and guidance.

It has been a very rewarding experience so far.

Highly recommend.