English Work in South Korea

clear stoney river
clear stoney river
Bulguksa Temple
Gyeongbokgung Palace - try saying that with a mouth full of tteokbokki.
Gyeongju

EnglishWork.com is a recruiting agency specializing in the ESL Job industry in Korea. We have been devoted exclusively to helping native English speakers and school administrators obtain and fill positions in ESL/EFL Schools in Korea. The agency, directed by experienced recruiters and placement counselors, has placed hundreds teachers through the years. We use our expertise in the hiring process to bring about a successful result for both candidates and schools alike.

• Benefits 9.1
  • Facilities 9
Vanessa

Thankful

Beyond thankful for Michael from EnglishWork. Before him, i emailed other recruiters who never really got back to me or just gave up on trying to help me. But not Michael! After i emailed him, in the same day I got an email back to set up a simple Skype interview where he asked me some basic questions. After the interview within a few days I got my first interview with a school. The interview went well, as Michael gives you tips and whatnot to make sure you do well on the interview. I passed the interview and accepted the job offer. Whatever questions I had about the school and sending in the documents, he would answer them in a timely manner. Because of that, sending in all the paperwork was a quick and painless process. Extremely thankful to Michael for helping me on this adventure.

Naser

Englishwork.com review

I should say thank you to Michael who helped me a lot in applying for the position available in Changwon. From the very first day I got in touch with him it was like I am exchanging emails with a friend. Due to a mistake happened during the application process my original document was sent to him from the UK but I know that it is in safe hands and I will get it back in a few days.
What he told me through emails about the town I was going to live in and also the school were all truth without any exaggeration. Now that I am here for a week the city and the school are what I expected, a friendly school and a small vibrant town close to a big city.
Over all I am very happy with the service I received from Michael and the company, english work.

Can't think of anything now, maybe at the end of the contract and becoming more familiar I will have some ideas to share.
Michell

5.5 months into my experience

Interested in teaching abroad in Asia for the first time, I decided to apply through this agency and within 24 hours recieved an email from Michael Kim who then wanted to set up a simple skype chat.

I will admit I was a little worried because I couldn't see him clearly in the video chat as the light from the background blurred his face. However, it ended up being a nice simple, chat where he asked basic questions. After the chat, he immediately sent my CV out to other employers within 24 hours. During our chat he gave advice on interview tips and was overall very helpful.

About a day or two later he emailed me informing me of a potential position. However, after the interview with this employer I was declined. However, Michael searched out for other job opportunities and again I was set up with my second interview.

After this second interview, I was offered the position as an English Teacher. I was also please I was declined from the first job interview as it was just over 3 hours away from Seoul.

After this time, Michael stayed in close contact with me, every email I sent he replied within hours and would let me know everything there was to know about the process and all documents I needed including visa and how to apply, the school contract, and the handling and posting of the documents. He was the middle man and kept communication between the school and I right up to the time I arrived to South Korea.

Upon arriving I was greeted by a kind man who paid my bus ticket and assisted me with my luggage and waited till I was on the bus till he left.

I am now 5.5 months into my contract and although it has been a huge learning process as this is my first Asian country I have visited, I have learnt to love the culture and people. The teaching experience is beyond words and definitely a learning experience. I definitely recommend Michael and this agency to anyone interested in teaching in South Korea, It's legit! Also, during the weekends and holidays its a great time to visit and explore South Korea giving an added bonus to your teaching experience.

Jared

Working in Korea

I have now been working in Korea for the past 5 months. I contacted Michael regarding teaching English in Korea, he worked really hard finding me jobs and interviews. Within the first few days after a Skype interview with him, I had my first interview at a Hagwon. I then accepted the job to work there. It has been a smooth transition so far without any problems or issues. The work environment is great and the other foreign teachers are very friendly and kind. They have made this transition a lot easier.

Michael provided great service for my needs and provided great information and answered all the questions that I asked. He found a great location for me and I am very happy with my life here in Korea. If you are interested in working in Korea I would recommend working with Michael.

Prakriti

A great recruitment agency

I am having a wonderful time in Korea so far. I cannot thank Michael Kim enough for finding me such an ideal position. Michael was very helpful and supportive throughout the process, answering all my queries and making sure everything was in place so that my move to Korea went smoothly. Also, I really appreciated Michael's honesty about the difficulties with finding a suitable position for British Asians. Nonetheless, he was able to find a wonderful academy that mostly hires British teachers, in the city of Changwon.

My academy is great with a brilliant boss and lovely co-workers. My boss is also incredibly helpful and made sure to accompany me to my medical check and helped me open a bank. Everyone is very caring and I really enjoy going into work everyday. Furthermore, the academy is very well run and I don't have to worry about things like getting paid late.

I would definitely recommend English Work for anyone hoping to teach english in South Korea.

Walter

My first few months

So far, teaching here in Seosan has been a wonderful experience. My employer and my coworkers are incredibly kind and helpful, the students are nice , and the city is, for me, the perfect size. Seoul is massive and quite overwhelming. Seosan is big enough so that there's plenty of modern amenities, but not too big that I get lost. The people who arranged for my employment did a great job in setting me up with job opportunities. I feel I received the very best one. There's plenty of free time week to week which gives me the chance to pursue more schooling concurrently with my teaching and earning a healthy living. I have traveled to Seoul twice since my arrival. It was a fairly easy, low-maintenance, inexpensive trip. Seoul's a remarkable city, and one I'll continue to explore.

Arran

The best experience of my life

I travelled from London to South Korea in September 2016. The flight was a bit of a nightmare but I was very relieved when I was greeted by the driver sent by English Work. He drove me from Incheon to Gyoha, Paju-Si and introduced me to my new boss and the owner of the school. They were incredibly welcoming and friendly. This continued on with the staff at the school. Everyone was interested to learn about where I came from and why I had decided to travel and teach in Korea. The school was even better than what my recruiter, Michael Kim, had described. The students worked incredibly hard and, although they were a little nervous at first, grew to enjoy my lessons. The time flew so quickly - I enjoyed the town I lived in as it felt very authentic and peaceful, whilst the school was always busy and exciting.

I cannot explain how much I enjoyed my time in Korea and how grateful I am to all my co-teachers and students for making me so happy. I feel like I managed to help all of my students with their confidence in English. The social life where I lived was quieter than I expected, but this was more than made up for by the stunning nature I had on my doorstep.

I was very sad to leave my school and will always remember my time in Korea as one of the best experiences of my life.

I would like to thank English Work and Michael Kim very much for helping to achieve my dream of teaching in South Korea.

Help teachers to find other teachers in their town so that they do not feel alone.
Stuart

A fantastic year

I had a brilliant year working in Gunsan City. The staff at the academy were all very friendly and willing to help with any problems I had. Teaching at the academy was really fun and rewarding and we held a lot of exciting events too. In the end I didn't want to leave Korea, I made so many great friends there and I miss my colleagues and students very much!

When I contacted English Work I spoke to Michael Kim. He organised a discussion over Skype so that we could discuss what I was looking for in a position in Korea. Having spent quite some time looking for a good position with other companies I was really surprised at how quickly Micheal found an ideal role for me. He arranged a phone interview with the manager of the academy, I knew straight away that I would love the place!

I was unsure how to complete the visa process but Micheal guided me through each step. He has been very helpful with any questions or requests I have before, during and even after my time in Korea.

Stuart

A Fantastic Year

I had a fantastic year working in Gunsan city. The staff I worked with were all super friendly and ready to help me with any problems I had.
The day to day teaching was also a lot of fun and we had some great events. It was really hard to leave at the end of the year and I miss my friends and students in Korea.

When I contacted English Work I spoke to Michael. We arranged a conversation over Skype where he asked me about what kind of positions I was looking for. Having searched for good positions with other companies for some time, I was amazed at how quickly Micheal came back with a great position. He arranged a phone interview with the Hagwon and I could tell immediately that I would love the place. I had no idea how to go about arranging my VISA but Micheal helped me with each step.

Micheal has continued to be a great help with any queries I have had since then. I would definitely recommend my experience to others!

Ben

Korea Herald Joshua in Yangju

I've loved working here. I've currently been here for 9 months when I'm writing this review, and it's been a great time. The school, teachers and children have all been great. Teaching has been fun, and relatively stress free. We have a lot of fun events, and I have a lot of room with how I teach my classes. It has been a great first experience in Korea, and it has made me want to stay in Korea for another year or two!

I don't really have many complaints. There are small things here and there, but overall I've been very pleased with working here. Yangju is a nice city, especially if you don't like super busy, noisy, big cities. However, the trip to Seoul can become annoying if you go multiple times a week. But for me, going once or twice on a weekend isn't too bad.

Jonas

Great program. Great job. Great life! Thank you

I have enjoyed my time in a South Korea immensely. Prior to this, I was a high school teacher and I worked in many schools but there really is no comparison in job satisfaction faction and overall enjoyment. I'd really like to thank Michael Kim for organising my position and being so helpful throughout the entire process. I'm quite sure I made it more difficult than it needed to be! He even initiated contact between myself and coworkers before my departure from Australia.
Thanks to this program I now spend my time hiking beautiful mountains, making new friends (Koreans and other foreigners), visiting incredible places, and genuinely enjoying going to work. Perhaps most importantly, I have had the opportunity to go out and make fool of myself at karaoke many times. So much fun!
Thank you again for this opportunity!

Raymond

Review

Michael Kim was a great help in securing my position as a teacher in Korea. He was very quick to respond at all times and took initiative to find me a position that suited my specific preferences. He is a very honest man and I never felt pressured at any point by him. He is genuine and always listens to what the candidate has to say.

I had specific preferences in relation to my position, the audience I would be teaching, shift times and housing arrangements. Michael was able to find me a job that satisfied all these points. Furthermore he found me such a job in less than one week!

Michael was also heavily involved in my logistics (flights) and answered any questions I had promptly. He made my time in this program so easy and stress-free. It is obvious that Michael has very good relationships with all of his potential employers which generally will lead to more genuine opportunities instead - this means no time wasting for any parties.

Michael's services were very professional and I would recommend this program and his services to all that look to seek such an opportunity.

I can't think of any improvements at this stage.
David

Fun times in Korea

English Work are a highly efficient and reliable company. I have been here 6 months now and have received everything I was promised. Michael Kim my contact talked me through every step of the process and was on hand every time I had a question or query. He found the perfect job for me after listening to what I wanted and I can honestly say I'm very happy in my new job.

If you're are seriously considering coming to Korea I highly recommend it. The job will be easy if you are motivated and enjoy the occasional challenge. It's a superb environment to learn about yourself and Korean culture. Not only that but there's a vibrant community of English speakers from Koreans to expats so you'll feel right at home. Korea is an incredibly safe country and the people are lovely. During the public holidays I've had plenty of chances to explore Korea which is made very easy by the fantastic public transportation system.

I consider myself very lucky to have been given this opportunity so thank you Korea and thank you English Work (Michael Kim)!

P.S Go to a baseball game.

More holiday please!
Teresa

Teach Abroad Korea Agency

This agency was very prompt and thorough when answering any questions that I might have had about the whole process of moving abroad.

My agent's name was Michael. And, I couldn't have asked for a better or smoother process throughout! The communication between the agency and I was absolutely stellar!

I would highly recommend using this agency in helping you to find a position in South Korea!

I cannot think of any aspects during our correspondence that could be improved upon or changed.
Tim

One of the best choices I have ever made

I have never had a job search go as smoothly as it did with English Work. Michael Kim interviewed me and made sure I thoroughly understood the process. Within just a couple days he got me my first interview with a government supported hagwon, and they offered me the position just 4 days after that. Mr. Kim stayed in constant contact with me and with the school to make sure that everyone was on the same page regarding my paperwork and the expectations of the position itself.

As I was set to replace one of the teachers and take their living space, and they allotted time for that teacher to train me, that overlap meant I had to be in a hotel for the first couple weeks, however the center covered all the costs. I have now been in my studio for a little while and honestly feel so lucky. I am a 2 minute walk to either work or a supermarket, and a short bus ride to the main train station. There is plenty to do in the city I am in, and I am a close enough train ride away to bigger cities that they are easy day or half day trips.

I had planned on frantically applying to every teaching position I could find to make my move to South Korea, but English Work was one of the first places I applied to and Mr. Kim was so helpful and efficient that I still cannot believe how smooth my transition to South Korea was. Thank you so much for all of your help!

The process went so fast and painlessly that I can't really think of anything else to say. Thank you!