English Work in South Korea

clear stoney river
clear stoney river
Bulguksa Temple
Gyeongbokgung Palace - try saying that with a mouth full of tteokbokki.
Gyeongju

EnglishWork.com is a recruiting agency specializing in the ESL Job industry in Korea. We have been devoted exclusively to helping native English speakers and school administrators obtain and fill positions in ESL/EFL Schools in Korea. The agency, directed by experienced recruiters and placement counselors, has placed hundreds teachers through the years. We use our expertise in the hiring process to bring about a successful result for both candidates and schools alike.

• Benefits 9.3
  • Facilities 9.1
Lisa

English Work in South Korea

My experience with English Work in South Korea has been an extraordinarily positive one. During the recruitment process, Michael Kim worked very diligently to organize interviews for work that was in accordance with my background and my interests. He guided me through the entire process with great care, and with the skill of someone who has been in the profession for a long time, and thus knew everything to look out for. He handled the processing of all my documents well, and was always available to answer my questions about the process along the way.

After arrival, my employer did, and continues to do, a fine job of caring for its foreign teachers. I felt immediately at home with my colleagues, and feel a sense of positive rapport with students, colleagues, and superiors alike. I very much enjoy my work, both in terms of content and atmosphere, and overall, I am delighted over this experience.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I could do it all over again, honestly, there is little that I would change, as I am content and quite pleased with my experience here. The main thing I would do, though, would be to start studying Korean language more ambitiously much sooner.
Rebekah

Well Organised and Great Program

Michael was a huge help to us and without him, we wouldn't have found our dream job here in Korea. He was very understanding of what we were looking for and helped find us positions that matched what we wanted. He was always quick to respond and answered all our questions. He walked us through the application process step by step and made the entire ordeal much simpler and easier for us. I would recommend his service to anybody who is looking to move to Korea to teach English. He will guide you every step of the way for the visa application process and made our transition here much smoother.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I ate live octopus at the Jalgachi market in Busan
Monica

Tongyeong is an amazing, yet quiet place to teach English

Michael was my recruiter. He found placement in Tongyeong in August 2019. This is my first time teaching English and it has been an excellent experience. I work for SLP and teach at a kindergarten in the morning and hagwon in the evening. My apartment is modern and cozy. There is a small, but fun group of expats that gets together on occassion. Tongyeong is off the radar, so if youre looking for authentic culture and to stay away from mainstream expat activities, then I'd recommend Tongyeong. Overall, I'm happy with my placement and would recommend Michael as a recruiter!

I just wish the school had given me proper training and told me more of what to expect.
Charles

My experience with English Work in South Korea

I have coming up on the end of my year in beautiful South Korea, and feel very fortunate to have had a great experience living and working here. Back in December of 2018, I made the decision to start looking at teaching English abroad. This was a pretty daunting prospect and I didn't know where to begin. Luckily after doing some research I heard about English Work and got in contact with Michael. He asked me what I was looking for and helped me achieve my goals and find a nice position. Communication was timely and he let me know the steps of the process and what I needed to work on to be ready to start as soon as possible. He even provided helpful tips about companies to use to expedite paperwork. I really appreciate the service English Work in South Korea provided, and am happy I chose to go through them to find my private teaching job, and will use them again if I decide to look for another job in the future. Definitely recommend checking them out in your search for a teaching position in South Korea. Annyeong!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would definitely be more proactive and outgoing in the first few months to try and make friends. It can be hard to do as a foreigner sometimes, but in the last few months I have found a nice community and had a lot of fun, and wish I had been able to connect with people earlier. So don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and ask to be included in things.
Nathan

EnglishWork (TAK)

I was contacted by EnglishWork shortly after signing up on Go Oveseas. My recruiter, Michael Kim, did a very good job of quickly finding a school placement. He was also very good at quickly responding to my question or concerns. EnglishWork also did a very good job at assisting me in when I arrived at the airport. I arrived at the airport earlier than the airport shuttles were going to start, but I recieved clear instructions on where to meet my contact. The contact escorted me to the bus area and purchased my bus ticket. I would definitely reconmend EnglishWork for those seeking employment in South Korea.

It would be nice to have had multiple options presented at the same time, to allow compare and contrast.
Teagan

Very Helpful:)

I've been at my teaching job for one month so far and I really like it here!
The area I work in is has a little bit of everything and is just a short bus trip from Seoul:) My coworkers and my employers are so kind as well! The workload and hours are as described/manageable and the kids are amazing.
English Works was so helpful in getting me this position and getting my Visa and my employers were just as helpful getting me settled here. I highly recommend going through English Works to get your job teaching in Korea:)

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
In Seoul on weekends, it's not uncommon for there to be protests. If you're not careful while getting around, you can get swept up into them trying to get to where you're going!
Ryan

We are living our dream

I have been an American high school chemistry teacher for fifteen years and I was starting to feel some burn out in my personal and professional life. I was living at work, and then tired when I came home at night. I loved my students but often their disaffected nature and the vast bureaucracy of academic in the US was wearing me down to the point where I dreaded getting up in the morning. I started searching for some viable options for me to make a change. I looked in to Japan, China, Kuwait, Russia, Luxembourg, and a host of other countries to teach in, and decided that the culture, food, and way of life in Korea most suited my mentality.

After making the choice it was so overwhelming to know how to go about figuring out the process of immigrating to a foreign country, especially one with stringent visa laws like Korea has. Thank goodness I found Michael and EnglishWork. I did not want to be a part of a vast mill of recruiters. I wanted a personal hand and someone to make sure to prioritize what I needed. Michael is absolutely amazing. I needed a couple position, I needed to work in the country. I am 38 so I do not want to work 60 hours a week, but I need to make an actual living. Michael found all of this and more for my girlfriend and I. It has been an absolute dream come true.

I work in Changnyeong province in a tiny town called Gyeseong. I work competitive hours, have excellent pay and health care, bosses that I love to work for, a clean and well kept apartment, easy public transit access, and a free ticket home and back every year. I never wanted to work in an environment again where my boss did not put students first and the well being of their teachers had to matter. Richard and Suzi, my bosses, are the best bosses one could ever hope for and I hope to work her as many years as they will let me stay.

None of this would have been possible without Michael, his attention to detail, and his constant hard work. He is a consummate professional, communicates quickly and efficiently, and made the process so easy and painless that I almost thought we did something wrong because of how smoothly it went. I cannot recommend EnglishWork enough if you plan on moving to Korea. There is nothing like the personal touch that Michael brings to the process. It allowed me to live my dream.

I do not feel like the program needs any particular improvement. So far, everything has worked how I have needed it to. I have no complaints.
Lemogang

English Works is the best!!

My recruiter was amazing!! Everything, and i mean the small things were delt by him. His advice and way of doing things was wonderful. It was an easy process, from the interview, getting my papers ready to arriving safely in Korea. The after service was also great, any questions and/or problems i had, he was more than welcome to to assist. I do not regret my decision of coming to South Korea. I'm pleased with my decision. I hope you will be pleased too when you take this journey with English Works.

The program is great!! Nothing to change. My process was smooth and the support waa great!!