English Work in South Korea

English Work in South Korea

EnglishWork.com is a recruiting agency specializing in the ESL Job industry in Korea. We have been devoted exclusively to helping native English speakers and school administrators obtain and fill positions in ESL/EFL Schools in Korea. The agency, directed by experienced recruiters and placement counselors, has placed hundreds teachers through the years. We use our expertise in the hiring process to bring about a successful result for both candidates and schools alike.

Asia » South Korea
1 Year+

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Stuart

A fantastic year

I had a brilliant year working in Gunsan City. The staff at the academy were all very friendly and willing to help with any problems I had. Teaching at the academy was really fun and rewarding and we held a lot of exciting events too. In the end I didn't want to leave Korea, I made so many great friends there and I miss my colleagues and students very much!

When I contacted English Work I spoke to Michael Kim. He organised a discussion over Skype so that we could discuss what I was looking for in a position in Korea. Having spent quite some time looking for a good position with other companies I was really surprised at how quickly Micheal found an ideal role for me. He arranged a phone interview with the manager of the academy, I knew straight away that I would love the place!

I was unsure how to complete the visa process but Micheal guided me through each step. He has been very helpful with any questions or requests I have before, during and even after my time in Korea.

Stuart

A Fantastic Year

I had a fantastic year working in Gunsan city. The staff I worked with were all super friendly and ready to help me with any problems I had.
The day to day teaching was also a lot of fun and we had some great events. It was really hard to leave at the end of the year and I miss my friends and students in Korea.

When I contacted English Work I spoke to Michael. We arranged a conversation over Skype where he asked me about what kind of positions I was looking for. Having searched for good positions with other companies for some time, I was amazed at how quickly Micheal came back with a great position. He arranged a phone interview with the Hagwon and I could tell immediately that I would love the place. I had no idea how to go about arranging my VISA but Micheal helped me with each step.

Micheal has continued to be a great help with any queries I have had since then. I would definitely recommend my experience to others!

Ben
Blaine, Minnesota

Korea Herald Joshua in Yangju

I've loved working here. I've currently been here for 9 months when I'm writing this review, and it's been a great time. The school, teachers and children have all been great. Teaching has been fun, and relatively stress free. We have a lot of fun events, and I have a lot of room with how I teach my classes. It has been a great first experience in Korea, and it has made me want to stay in Korea for another year or two!

I don't really have many complaints. There are small things here and there, but overall I've been very pleased with working here. Yangju is a nice city, especially if you don't like super busy, noisy, big cities. However, the trip to Seoul can become annoying if you go multiple times a week. But for me, going once or twice on a weekend isn't too bad.

Jonas
merriwa
University of New England

Great program. Great job. Great life! Thank you

I have enjoyed my time in a South Korea immensely. Prior to this, I was a high school teacher and I worked in many schools but there really is no comparison in job satisfaction faction and overall enjoyment. I'd really like to thank Michael Kim for organising my position and being so helpful throughout the entire process. I'm quite sure I made it more difficult than it needed to be! He even initiated contact between myself and coworkers before my departure from Australia.
Thanks to this program I now spend my time hiking beautiful mountains, making new friends (Koreans and other foreigners), visiting incredible places, and genuinely enjoying going to work. Perhaps most importantly, I have had the opportunity to go out and make fool of myself at karaoke many times. So much fun!
Thank you again for this opportunity!

Raymond
Australia

Review

Michael Kim was a great help in securing my position as a teacher in Korea. He was very quick to respond at all times and took initiative to find me a position that suited my specific preferences. He is a very honest man and I never felt pressured at any point by him. He is genuine and always listens to what the candidate has to say.

I had specific preferences in relation to my position, the audience I would be teaching, shift times and housing arrangements. Michael was able to find me a job that satisfied all these points. Furthermore he found me such a job in less than one week!

Michael was also heavily involved in my logistics (flights) and answered any questions I had promptly. He made my time in this program so easy and stress-free. It is obvious that Michael has very good relationships with all of his potential employers which generally will lead to more genuine opportunities instead - this means no time wasting for any parties.

Michael's services were very professional and I would recommend this program and his services to all that look to seek such an opportunity.

I can't think of any improvements at this stage.

David
Korea

Fun times in Korea

English Work are a highly efficient and reliable company. I have been here 6 months now and have received everything I was promised. Michael Kim my contact talked me through every step of the process and was on hand every time I had a question or query. He found the perfect job for me after listening to what I wanted and I can honestly say I'm very happy in my new job.

If you're are seriously considering coming to Korea I highly recommend it. The job will be easy if you are motivated and enjoy the occasional challenge. It's a superb environment to learn about yourself and Korean culture. Not only that but there's a vibrant community of English speakers from Koreans to expats so you'll feel right at home. Korea is an incredibly safe country and the people are lovely. During the public holidays I've had plenty of chances to explore Korea which is made very easy by the fantastic public transportation system.

I consider myself very lucky to have been given this opportunity so thank you Korea and thank you English Work (Michael Kim)!

P.S Go to a baseball game.

More holiday please!

Teresa
University of North Texas

Teach Abroad Korea Agency

This agency was very prompt and thorough when answering any questions that I might have had about the whole process of moving abroad.

My agent's name was Michael. And, I couldn't have asked for a better or smoother process throughout! The communication between the agency and I was absolutely stellar!

I would highly recommend using this agency in helping you to find a position in South Korea!

I cannot think of any aspects during our correspondence that could be improved upon or changed.

Tim
University of California- Berkeley

One of the best choices I have ever made

I have never had a job search go as smoothly as it did with English Work. Michael Kim interviewed me and made sure I thoroughly understood the process. Within just a couple days he got me my first interview with a government supported hagwon, and they offered me the position just 4 days after that. Mr. Kim stayed in constant contact with me and with the school to make sure that everyone was on the same page regarding my paperwork and the expectations of the position itself.

As I was set to replace one of the teachers and take their living space, and they allotted time for that teacher to train me, that overlap meant I had to be in a hotel for the first couple weeks, however the center covered all the costs. I have now been in my studio for a little while and honestly feel so lucky. I am a 2 minute walk to either work or a supermarket, and a short bus ride to the main train station. There is plenty to do in the city I am in, and I am a close enough train ride away to bigger cities that they are easy day or half day trips.

I had planned on frantically applying to every teaching position I could find to make my move to South Korea, but English Work was one of the first places I applied to and Mr. Kim was so helpful and efficient that I still cannot believe how smooth my transition to South Korea was. Thank you so much for all of your help!

The process went so fast and painlessly that I can't really think of anything else to say. Thank you!

Karl
Suwon, South Korea

TEFL in Suwon, South Korea

The first 5 weeks have been brilliant so far! Korean culture is really interesting, the people are really friendly, and, with a bit of effort from your side, the language barrier never poses too much of a problem. (This of course isn't a problem in schools as you usually have an assistent teacher, and there plenty of bars frequented by other expats whom you can meet). Hilariously, my name happens also happens to mean 'knife' in Korean, which has led to some funny looks, especially from the kids. So far so good. Looking forward to the rest of my adventure.

Bridget
Changwon, Korea from Belfast, Northern Ireland
University of Ulster- Coleraine

Friendly people

Hey, So I've been in Korea 10months now and overall its been an amazing experience here

I'm stuck for an answer to this one to be honest. From when i first started filling in forms, visa applications and other requirements to getting delayed by 24hrs on arrival and until this moment my recruiter at English Works has been there and helped me through. I'm still confident that if i had any problems major or minor in Korean they'd be easy to get in contact with and be willing as always to give me the guidance and advice i'd need.

Grant
Chicago, Illinois
Calvin College

Teaching Experience

My teaching experience and life here in Korea has been nothing short of incredible. Korea is a beautiful country that mixes both the traditional with the modern. In addition, I've really grown in the classroom and I've fallen in love with teaching English as a second language. The elementary students I see and teach every day have had such a positive impact on my life. I wake up each day thankful for my job.

Furthermore, Korea has provided me a great opportunity to travel, both domestically and internationally. I've been able to travel to cities all over Korea and I've been able to see temples, beaches, mountains, islands, and the list goes on and on. Additionally, I love the outdoors and as I found out quickly upon arrival, Korea is the country to be in if you want to hike and experience nature.

One of the greatest memories I have here in Korea came from a getaway weekend vacation with friends I met here. We woke up on a Saturday morning and decided to head to a city which we knew little about. Upon arrival in Gwangju we dropped our things off at the hostel and then wandered the city, visiting different parks and attractions. I had such a great time with my friends and I'm very thankful for that weekend. The thing that really stood out to me was the accessibility of travel across the entire country. My friends and I really didn't have much of an itinerary, but we were able to head to a city across the country for a nice getaway and easily find things to do and see. The weekend was full of new experiences, laughs, and adventure.

Finally, the last story I would like to share came from a normally routine train ride home from Seoul. I was heading back to Suwon after a language exchange in Seoul and after purchasing my train ticket I promptly made my way to the train. I sat down in my seat and within a few minutes three ajummas, who were obviously very close friends, came to sit in their seats which were directly next to me and in front of me. The two other friends that were sitting directly in front of me decided to swivel their chairs so they could face their friend who was sitting beside me. Now, I had unintentionally joined these ajummas train "party". The four of us began speaking through broken English and Korean as we made our way for Suwon. The women began eating, which seemed like a four course meal, all the while sharing ever single portion with me. It was such a great experience for me! The women were so kind and this is an experience that will stick with me for a long time.

Conor
Tongyeong
University of Ottawa

Adventures in Korea!

I've had an excellent time in Korea so far. I've seen some beautiful sights, met some amazing people and learned a lot about myself in the process. Teaching has been a challenging but enjoyable experience. I've had a great network of support from my school, my peers and my recruiter which has made my transition from Canada to Korea so much easier!

Natalie
Seoul korea
Aberystwyth University

Cycling

Cycling along the han river was a amazing. Just bring able to cycle for miles and miles along beautiful scenery was a unique experience for me. I was able to watch planes flying low to gimpo airport and wave to all the people passing by. Also being able to stop for drinks a snacks before carrying on. And taking a break while overlooking the river.

More communication with the korean teachers at the school before arriving.

Emma
Lancaster University

My first month in Korea

I have been in Korea for just over one month now, and I absolutely love it. From the social scene to my working day.

Whilst I was in the UK, my emails were answered within the hour, regardless of the 8-hour time difference and any questions I had were answered.

Before and upon my arrival everything was so well organised and I had no problems whatsoever during the move from the UK to Korea.

I've settled in so well and it's down to the efficiency of English Work, my employers and my co-workers.

Moving country is particularly stressful but English Work made the transition as easy as possible.

Nataly
Puerto Rico
University of Puerto Rico

Recruiter services

I was placed in Yongin by recruiter Michael Kim, who was very helpful, supportive, and even after we were done, we still kept in touch. He has even helped me after I left Korea. Great recruiter!

About my experience, it was amazing! I would advice anyone coming to Korea to come with an open mind and heart, and great things will happen.